New cache notification

Teenykins

Is there a way to get the cacher's name (who placed the cache) when receiving New Cache Notifications? I know there is not a setting for it, as there is for other features of receiving notices; is this something that can be added?

Edited by Teenykins

I agree with this request, and have made it before. I'd also like to see the D/T ratings added to instant notification emails.

A notification for a new 1/1 traditional hidden by a cacher known for easy parking-lot caches? Delete and move on. A new 4/3 mystery by someone known for interesting puzzles? Awesome! Go to cache page now! Other people would have different priorities, some even exactly opposite of mine (wierd, huh?). I believe this information would help all receivers of Instant Notifications whatever their caching style.

Unfortunately, I believe the problem is that Instant Notifications are basically one-off versions of the emails sent when people submit a log on a cache on your watchlist. These emails contain cache name, type, and links to the cache page and direct links to the log. For Instant Notifications the log link goes to the "Published" log by the reviewer. They'd have to add this info to ALL automatic emails.

This may have been covered before (search function is not working for me right now)...

Is there a way to get the coordinates in the notification? I get the notification sent as a text to my cell phone, but do not get coordinates.

Just wondering...

Thank you in advance for any replies

This may have been covered before (search function is not working for me right now)...

Is there a way to get the coordinates in the notification? I get the notification sent as a text to my cell phone, but do not get coordinates.

Just wondering...

Thank you in advance for any replies

No. That would lead to people running out after a cache without reading the cache page. You might miss information such as Do not search after 6pm, or you risk being arrested. You know, trivial stuff like that.

No. That would lead to people running out after a cache without reading the cache page. You might miss information such as Do not search after 6pm, or you risk being arrested. You know, trivial stuff like that.

So put the entire cache page in the email. Mine does full HTML emails.

Also, personal responsibility comes into play here, people will search anyway without reading it.. yadda, yadda.. this has all been discussed before so i'll just stop.

Still, entire cache page in the notification email would be slick.

-Ben