Devloping a new series

M0zez

Hi

I am in the process of setting a series of caches called Supermarket Sweep.

My caching partner Shirl the Whirl a shopaholic suggested Supermarket Sweep as a series in the same vain as Sidetracked.

We plan to place the caches within reasonable walking distance from major out of town supermarkets and retail parks. Is there anyone interested in helping us set initial caches in different areas around the country? PM me if interested and lets start planning for 09.

M0zez

Also is there anything to do with canal side or very close locations?

Just about every canal in the country has more soggy 35mm film pots scattered along it's length than you can shake a stick at. :rolleyes: Surely you can be a bit more inventive than that.

Like use viles?

I would like to see 'The good beer guide cache crawl' with 4500 listed pubs you would never be far from a cache(or a decent pint) .

I didnt mention CAMRA as i didnt want this to look like a commercial post!!

Any new series would be most welcome but as previously stated 'Off your trolley' is already a established but please add to it as any caching while the other half is shopping would be a great break!!!

Andy

I set 3 "Forgotten Houses" caches near the sites of grand old houses that are no longer there or that have fallen into ruin, I include some historical information on the house and at least one photo or drawing of what the building looked like.

A visit to a local museum or a look through any local history or old local photograph books or websites should yield enough information to add to this series. I'd love to see more of these caches around.

The Sandiway Searchers have a Wirral Pub crawl series - where you have to visit 8 pubs and get a digit from somewhere at or near the pub which leads to a nice size individual cache, then the final is a nice walk and a good sized cache too.

I believe Wirral Pub Crawl series 2 is in the making!

The Sandiway Searchers have a Wirral Pub crawl series - where you have to visit 8 pubs and get a digit from somewhere at or near the pub which leads to a nice size individual cache, then the final is a nice walk and a good sized cache too.

I believe Wirral Pub Crawl series 2 is in the making!

but you don't drink do you hazel?

How about Greasy Grabs - a cache and dash where there is a roadside van selling burgers and bacon......helps when route planning....

How about sky hight at or near various ariports?

How about a set of caches at locations that are commercial outlets that are suited to our hobby?

How about Carry on..... at locations where you can do various activities?

I've been toying with a series called "Down the Pan" using waterproof micros secreted in the U bend. Before the squeemish object, you don't have to do them. After all, there is the Ignore Button.

You know those little yellow things you always try to wee on in pub urinals (well I do anyway). You could have a micro disguised as one of those.

I've been toying with a series called "Down the Pan" using waterproof micros secreted in the U bend. Before the squeemish object, you don't have to do them. After all, there is the Ignore Button.

You know those little yellow things you always try to wee on in pub urinals (well I do anyway). You could have a micro disguised as one of those.

Pray tell, how are us girlies supposed to do these then...??? Hmm? Hmm? :D

Pray tell, how are us girlies supposed to do these then...??? Hmm? Hmm? :)

That occured to me actually, but to redress the balance there are certain things that you only get in Ladies Toilets you could stick a cache on (preferably not in) one of those. The "Aunt Floe is visiting" series. Of course male cachers could attempt these but I would recommend the stealth attribute on the cache page.

I was caching in Camden a while back, and needed a needful, and there was a convenient convenience nearby, which, furthermore, had a map showing other public conveniences in Camden. And it occured to me that it would be very convenient to have a series called "At your convenience". These would be, analagously to church micros, not be placed within the premises, but nearby. The great benefit that this would bring, is it would act as a map of handy conveniences for people of limited capacity bladder, who have no problem in a rural setting where the most you'll do is startle a rabbit, but in an urban setting, you can't just do the busness. Especially in cold weather, when I sometimes find that the thermal shock involved in getting out of the car, added to the increased pressure brought on by the higher placement of the bladder when standing as distinct from sitting, can bring on an urgency of requirement that you might not have been experiencing when warm and seated.

So, I'd be quite keen on a series "At your convenience". Maybe less architecturally significant than churches, but for some fleshly needs, far more appropriate.

how about a monopoly series - inspired by a certain board game....this probably exists already.

how about tv related stuff like a pub the woolpack....or perhaps even places used for film and tv filming.

BTW - I have recently launched a new series all within Coventry City Centre or just outside....called Sent2Cov.

Edited by DivingDJ

How about a series based only on interesting or picturesque places, of any description, that people probably wouldn't have visited if it weren't for caching, with maybe some background info on the page - and all in decent sized containers??

That'll be the excellent 'Back to Basics' series, such as GC1CAT3

J

Ohhh... the irony !!!! :laughing::laughing: