Oregon Ver. 2.70 Problems

Didjerrydo

I have now tried repeatedly to email Garmin's tech support team with the following message, but for some reason it apparently won't go through. Wonder if their being overwhelmed by similar comments. Maybe some of them will read it here:

"After downloading your latest firmware update (2.70) to my Oregon 400t, the 3-D function is just a blank blue field. Almost everyone is seeing this according to online forums & discussion groups. Also, everyone is extremely aggrivated over the fact that the "Shaded Relief" dissapears every time the power is turned off & on and has to be reset with every power cycle.

I thought the Oregon was a real solid unit, (after the total basket case Colorado), but with updates like this, I'm starting to lose faith in Garmin's credibility. Many forum folks online are really starting to consider changing teams after being hard core Garmin fans for many years. What's happening to Garmin's quality anyway?"

Are you filling out the support form at http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/home/support/supportcontact ?

If so, you may want to bypass that form and email tech support directly. You'll have to include your unit info (serial # and firmware version) in the email along with your issues with the product. I have -always- gotten quicker results by emailing tech support directly.

techsupp@garmin.com

Are you filling out the support form at http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/home/support/supportcontact ?

If so, you may want to bypass that form and email tech support directly. You'll have to include your unit info (serial # and firmware version) in the email along with your issues with the product. I have -always- gotten quicker results by emailing tech support directly.

techsupp@garmin.com

Yep, that's what I'm doing, but after each attempt to submit, I just get an error message even though every field is filled out!

As SergZak stated, send an email directly to techsupp@garmin.com for the direct line to them. I use it and usually get a reply in a day or two, if I keep my message to the point. If you keep it polite and state your issues you will be met with respect and a helpful response I've found.

As SergZak stated, send an email directly to techsupp@garmin.com for the direct line to them. I use it and usually get a reply in a day or two, if I keep my message to the point. If you keep it polite and state your issues you will be met with respect and a helpful response I've found.

I agree. Keep the message brief and to the problem. They are already aware that people are not happy. Yelling, via an email, to some front line guy is not gonna get you a better response.

It also helps to run your email through a spell checker before you send it.

I have confirmation from Garmin this morning that they recognize the 3D view problem as an issue and are working on a fix:

I asked one of the Engineer's what features would be lost when the battery save is on and I was told that no features are lost only the screen is turned off when the backlight times out. As well, they have discovered the issue with the 3D in this software update and are working on a new software update to resolve this issue.

I've asked about the relief shading issue as well but haven't heard back.

BTW, I always email product.support@garmin.com with these types of questions.