BIRTHDAY MISSION 2009 ~ in smaller groups

Butterfly_lady

And what lovely mission to get. Thank you very much penny and Kona.

Thank you or holding this mission.

All the best.

grodan Karin

You are very welcome Karin, and Happy Birthday! I do hope you enjoy everything...eat chocolates in good health and gaze on your coins in good fun.

And happy birthday to CSRA Cruisers and lunamoth47! This mission has been fun to organize - my first attempt at mission organizing! But I must say that I think the reason I've enjoyed it so much is because the participants have been AWESOME. You all make it fun.

A great big THANK YOU to CSRA Cruisers. My package was sitting in the kitchen today when I got home from student teaching, and it was just the thing to start off my birthday weekend.

Inside my package, I got a Hogwild stuff backpack and lanyard, a micro container, a four keychains, a CSRA pathtag, a nice letter, and two awesome geocoins. The El Muerto del Ammocan coin is my all time new favorite geocoin, thanks so so much. It is perfect! I love it! Here are some pics of my woot.

THANKS AGAIN CSRA CRUISERS, and thanks so much for Penny and Kona for organizing this month'sds birthday missions.

:anibad:

BdayMission1.jpg

All of my great gifts.

BdayMission2.jpg

Coins and pathtag.

BdayMission3.jpg

Slimer and Lipstick checking out the CSRA Cruisers pathtag.

Birthday mission email sent: 20 June 2009

Birthday mission name received: Yes

Birthday mission sent: - 1 September - So sorry, glad you liked the gifts

Birthday mission received:- 28 August - Fantastic. Lots of cool swag from Australia.

I was outbid on two of the coins I wanted, am in the middle of an unexpected move, so will have to get coins a little later then expected. Please be patient, the mission will go out, just a little later then planed (you know the famous belated birthday card or in this case coin).

reminder.jpg

Tomorrow, 15 September, is the last day to register for the 2009 October Birthday Mission! I will accept emails until midnight CST (Texas Time, except for El Paso).

If you are an October baby and would like to participate, please contact me through my profile on gc.com

For complete details about what is expected in this mission from both senders AND recipients, please see an earlier post in this thread. If you can't find it, contact me and I'll send those details as well!

Hope to hear from you soon, and happy birthday!

bdaycake.gif

Moustaches de chaton (girl- 16 y.o. in sept)

Birthday Sept- 10- 1993

Birthday Mission: Email Sent- 8/4

Birthday Mission: Name Received- 08/20, now making a bit of reseach with Moustaches de chaton

Birthday Mission: Sent- yes

Birthday Mission: Received- sept 07

My daughter Moustaches de chaton (cat's whiskers) received her package on sept 7th 2009.

Sorry for not posting earlier.

She was soooooooo eager to look into her BIG box coming back from school. Look at all she got!!!

Everything was wrapped individually so more gifts!!!

The coins are great ( she decided to give them to me :D How cool is she!)

She loved everything, you hit the jackpot with the mangas and the drawing book too! And 2 caches ready to hide!

THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!

2009_0904AA.jpg2009_0904AB.jpg2009_0904AC.jpg2009_0904AD.jpg2009_0904AF.jpg

Signing up for my son Marc-André (not a geocacher but sometimes comes with us for moral support!!)

Birthday october 31-1988 (computer fanatic and Wii addict)

Birthday Mission: Email Sent- 8/4 and 9-14

Birthday Mission: Name Received-

Birthday Mission: Sent-

Birthday Mission: Received-

***Marc-André doesn't own geocoins but you can look in my seeking list on my account in my forum sig

Birthday Mission Email Sent - Yes

Birthday Mission Name Received - Yep

Birthday Mission Sent - Sure Thing!!!!

Birthday Mission Received - Oh yea!!!!

Thank you so much "Cat's Wiskers"!!!!! You are probably the only person to get me something on my birthday!!!! :D:D

P.S., if you read this, please contact me to I can thank you personally.

Chipper

CSRA Cruisers

Glad you received it in time. Moustaches de chaton told me you wrote her personally and I thanks you for that. :D

Birthday mission email sent: 8/17

Birthday mission name received: 8/20

Birthday mission sent: 8/31, should arrive in plenty of time!

Birthday mission received: 9/8, now I just have to hold out until my birthday before opening it....

I opened my mission on my birthday, and WOW! Thank you so much Jennifer! I received so many nice things...but my favorite has got to be my awesome messenger bag with butterflies - it is perfect for me! I was just telling my daughter about how my old geobag was hurting my neck/shoulders from being too big and heavy...and look what arrives on at my door! I have already gone out caching with it, thank you so much.

In addition to my geobag, I also received cookie cutters, beads, a cookbook, a teakettle paperweight, magnets, bath goodies, a ready made geocache, and more!! I love the coins too! Everything is so wonderful.

Here are some photos of all of my wonderful gifts...thanks again, Jennifer Cutter! :blink::blink::P

(Sorry it took so long for the pics, my daughter had to help me get them online.)

BdaymissionMom2.jpg

BdaymissionMom1.jpg

Edited by lunamoth47

My daughter Moustaches de chaton (cat's whiskers) received her package on sept 7th 2009.

Sorry for not posting earlier.

She was soooooooo eager to look into her BIG box coming back from school. Look at all she got!!!

Everything was wrapped individually so more gifts!!!

The coins are great ( she decided to give them to me :blink: How cool is she!)

She loved everything, you hit the jackpot with the mangas and the drawing book too! And 2 caches ready to hide!

THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!

I am glad your daughter enjoyed the gifts and you (lol) enjoyed the coins! Happy Birthday to Moustaches de chaton.

:blink:

Birthday mission received: 9/8, now I just have to hold out until my birthday before opening it....

I opened my mission on my birthday, and WOW! Thank you so much Jennifer! I received so many nice things...but my favorite has got to be my awesome messenger bag with butterflies - it is perfect for me! I was just telling my daughter about how my old geobag was hurting my neck/shoulders from being too big and heavy...and look what arrives on at my door! I have already gone out caching with it, thank you so much.

In addition to my geobag, I also received cookie cutters, beads, a cookbook, a teakettle paperweight, magnets, bath goodies, a ready made geocache, and more!! I love the coins too! Everything is so wonderful.

Here are some photos of all of my wonderful gifts...thanks again, Jennifer Cutter! :blink::blink::P

(Sorry it took so long for the pics, my daughter had to help me get them online.)

BdaymissionMom2.jpg

BdaymissionMom1.jpg

LunaMoth, Wow that is a nice bunch of loot for your Birthday. Happy Belated Birthday by the way, To bad I missed it, I shall get a belated B-Day card out to you. Hope it was a funfilled day for you anyways and I hope all your wishes come true my friend.

Here are some photos of all of my wonderful gifts...thanks again, Jennifer Cutter! :P:P:D

BdaymissionMom2.jpg

BdaymissionMom1.jpg

Yay! Between you and me, the geobag was my favorite too. It's ironic how when you really need something it has a habit of appearing when you least expect it. :D I must give credit for the idea of the geobag and the design on it to my mom! As we were walking through a store she spotted the individual materials and presented them together stating her idea (It's amazing how mothers seem to get smarter the older we get :blink:). As for the other gifts ... I didn't know if you had ever been to South Carolina, so I tried to include things that reminded me of the smells, food, and the south in general. When you have a chance to look through the cookbook you may find a recipe or two that are traditions in our family ... :blink: (submitted by Marie Thompson). I am so glad your package arrived safely, and that you enjoyed the gifts!

I hope you had a great birthday and you were able to get a little caching in!

I have got the coins to send with this mission but it will not get over the pond in time, I am sorry. I will get it out ASAP so it wouldn´t be very late hopefully.

Just hope you find it worth waiting for.

grodan Karin

Hmmm... this thread has been quiet.

Today is my birthday, but no present in the mail.

So I am guessing that I am the recipient of the delayed package from grodan and fiabus...

If that is so, I am not worried at all, I am sure it will be great.

I'm sure it will show up in a few days one way or another.

I have got the coins to send with this mission but it will not get over the pond in time, I am sorry. I will get it out ASAP so it wouldn´t be very late hopefully.

grodan Karin

So I am guessing that I am the recipient of the delayed package from grodan and fiabus...

Happy Birthday to you!

Today is my birthday too!

grodan Karin

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you two!!!

You are guessing right fuzziebear3 and I feel bad for not pushing myself to get my missions out in time. I usually do get them out way ahead but the petmission and now this. So sorry. I have it almost all finished, just wanted to do a thing more so I will for sure get it over the pond.

grodan Karin

grodan Karin

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you two!!!

You are guessing right fuzziebear3 and I feel bad for not pushing myself to get my missions out in time. I usually do get them out way ahead but the petmission and now this. So sorry. I have it almost all finished, just wanted to do a thing more so I will for sure get it over the pond.

grodan Karin

No worries, like I said, I am sure it will be great.

You are sneaky ... you posted in the mailbox thread but didn't tell what :blink:

It will be a nice surprise whatever day it does arrive, it will be like 2 birthdays :shocked:

I am happy it is from you, because I recently sent a package to you, so there is good karma in the world :(

I have finally got the package in the mail. :) It went out with todays (saturday) mail.

Please forgive me for beeing this late. No excuse just I´m sorry. :rolleyes: I know you will let me know when you get it.

My birthday missions are now both mine received and mailed out. Thank you for hosting this mission. Now I will save my coins for the christmasmission. ( hope there is someone willing to host one)

grodan Karin

Birthday Mission: Email sent (to myself!) - 2 August 2009

Birthday Mission: Name Received - yes, 20 August 2009 - now to do some research...

Birthday Mission: Sent - yes, 2 September 2009

Birthday Mission: Received - YES! Received on 27 August

I have had this package for an entire month and was FINALLY able to open it! Thank you Team Merchlinskys for my birthday mission! Below are two photos: the first of the entire mission and the second of my two coins, which are new to me and I've never seen before. BTW, both are activated and ready to travel as soon as I can get out and do some REAL caching...

And I think my birthday was the last for the September Missions! Thank you to everyone for participating and for putting some thought into your missions. It really does mean a lot to the recipients, and it is nice to see such generosity among coiners.

3887136765_af429e3df7.jpg

3887932400_069372dda4.jpg

Now, to see what October brings!

Birthday Mission: Email sent (to myself!) - 2 August 2009

Birthday Mission: Name Received - yes, 20 August 2009 - now to do some research...

Birthday Mission: Sent - yes, 2 September 2009

Birthday Mission: Received - YES! Received on 27 August

I have had this package for an entire month and was FINALLY able to open it! Thank you Team Merchlinskys for my birthday mission! Below are two photos: the first of the entire mission and the second of my two coins, which are new to me and I've never seen before. BTW, both are activated and ready to travel as soon as I can get out and do some REAL caching...

And I think my birthday was the last for the September Missions! Thank you to everyone for participating and for putting some thought into your missions. It really does mean a lot to the recipients, and it is nice to see such generosity among coiners.

3887136765_af429e3df7.jpg

3887932400_069372dda4.jpg

Now, to see what October brings!

We are glade they are new coins for you enjoy

Okay, I'm opening up sign-ups for those with birthdays in November and December.

I'd like to have the following information by October 15th:

Caching Name

Birthday

Name and mailing address

Seeking list location

Any special hates/loves....ie love chocolate hate broccoli so please don't send broccoli:)

Please email the info to vcaruso19@hotmail.com

Edited by BlueMotmot

My son Marc-André (not a geocacher but sometimes comes with us for moral support!!)

Birthday october 31-1988 (computer fanatic and Wii addict)

Birthday Mission: Email Sent- 8/4 and 9-14

Birthday Mission: Name Received-YES

Birthday Mission: Sent-YES sept 28

Birthday Mission: Received-

***Marc-André doesn't own geocoins but you can look in my seeking list on my account in my forum sig

OK,

Checked my saved mail and the only email I recieved from P and K on and around the 16th is the one reguarding the trade. I forwarded it to you, I hope you get it.

Didn't see a mission address there.

Help!!!!!

Opalsns

OK, third time's a charm right?! :lol:

PM with Birthday Mission info sent just a few minutes ago, so hopefully this one has better cyber direction than my emails to you. Any chance those went into a SPAM folder? Between our trades and initial birthday mission stuff, the actual mission assignment was the only one that I initiated.

I'll check tomorrow to make sure PM has been received, and hopefully no more hiccups!

Well. they say good things come to those who wait. This is certainly the case for me.

Grodan and Fiabus, you went above and beyond for my birthday mission. I am overwhelmed. I originally was going to post all the details, but I have 30 pictures from this, and I think it would get tedious (and I just discovered there is a limit). Believe me, I enjoyed every single item, every minute of opening and exploration. You certainly did your research and made this mission incredible. I'll try to keep this post to a moderate length.

The box arrived on Saturday, but I was out all day and did not see it until 11pm. I wanted to savor and enjoy it, so it had to wait until this morning. So I start getting things out, so many little goodies, and so many wrapped little packages too. It was a big box, and it was packed full.

It starts with a cake and a card.

8837da88-0d78-401c-938f-c5207a1ee640.jpg

Then there is a cute pony, and it has a mission. This coin wants to go back and visit Sweden again through cache-travel, I think it is great.

6d5625fb-cefa-4814-85b9-93a0e087d6c9.jpg

e16454ee-82cd-45a6-ba8c-f009dcb33111.jpg

Then there were scrapbooking tags, little heart candles, a post card, a bag that might contain candy, two pretty little boxes and a ton of wrapped presents

f93d7ab6-feda-483f-8c63-a378436ff6bb.jpg

5d350791-5faf-4b27-b222-d1c9c1f6ebb3.jpg

I opened and savored each little gift - chocolate bars, stickers, balloons, birthday candles, shower gel in a dolphin :lol: , a beautiful glass octopus, plush toys of fishes and penguins, a landsharkz pin, keychains, ribbons and stars, and a little frog. Those two little boxes were so pretty, and inside, pretty jewelry too. Here are a few of their pics:

192a58b9-ae5a-4151-99c0-23b88a820712.jpg

d70b342b-2095-4eaf-922b-b13a53bba874.jpg

e9fa7b69-b4fd-447b-afd3-002888c91cbe.jpg

Then I got to the coins ... this was just amazing ... 5 more coins, so pretty and shiny ... several from my seeking list and ones that just are so me... a manatee and a pirahna ... a suncatcher boat and a star ... a fiabus cat and pathtag.

68a45f74-cebb-4ccd-a0d5-48b996debd83.jpg

I am overwhelmed, here it is all together ...

402677aa-df6e-4611-947c-aaadd42586ff.jpg

Thank you again so much.

Wow, grodan Karin, you have outdone yourself! A beautiful mission.

Congratulations, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, fuzziebear3!

Your mission is the LAST of the September birthdays, and all who participated have sent AND received their missions. Happy Birthday and thank you to all of the participants - I hope everyone enjoyed assembling and receiving their missions, and perhaps have made some friends in the process.