BIRTHDAY MISSION 2009 ~ in smaller groups

Butterfly_lady

Our apologies for our tardiness in posting - we have been interstate helping our daughter who recently had her first child. We have received some great missions, and will post photos when we return home.

Darren:

Birthday Mission Email Sent - Yes

Birthday Mission Name Received - Yes

Birthday Mission Sent - Yes

Birthday Mission Received - Yes

Robyn:

Birthday Mission Name Received - Yes

Birthday Mission Sent - will send out this week

Birthday Mission Received - Yes

Thanks everyone involved with organising and sending missions.

BUMP!

OK, September birthday babies! Don't miss out on your 2009 Birthday Mission! September's deadline is rapidly approaching, so don't delay much longer. Send me (Penny and Kona) an email through gc.com if you'd like to participate and don't forget to post your progress in this thread.

October birthdays, you have a while yet, but why wait?!

We are up to 8 participants for September Birthday Mission 2009! Only 8? I'm sure there are more September babies out there, as January is a cold month. ;)

This is a last shout-out to all September babies out there who are interested in participating in a birthday mission. Make sure to read back a few posts to see ALL the information about what you can expect and what is expected of you in this mission! Email me through my gc.com profile if you want to participate. I will continue to accept names for September until WEDNESDAY, 19 August, 11:59pm.

Missions for September will be emailed to all participants as early as I can get them all together on 20 August 2009.

October babies have till 15 September to register for their October Birthday mission, but don't wait too long!

Thanks everyone!

I had to practice a lot of patience to keep from opening my present before my birthday. lol The box was decorated on the outside with colorful birthday stickers and everything inside was wrapped in colorful paper and ribbons. I had a blast unwrapping everything! And I howled laughing when I saw the card...hubby liked it too. :(

db670066-ca09-4a84-b9c7-32b3c2c1dc3e.jpg

Y'all are so thoughtful! *Thank you* so very much for everything, usyoopers! :D

Annette

Edited by Little'n

I had to practice a lot of patience to keep from opening my present before my birthday. lol The box was decorated on the outside with colorful birthday stickers and everything inside was wrapped in colorful paper and ribbons. I had a blast unwrapping everything! And I howled laughing when I saw the card...hubby liked it too. :(

db670066-ca09-4a84-b9c7-32b3c2c1dc3e.jpg

Y'all are so thoughtful! *Thank you* so very much for everything, usyoopers! :D

Annette

Glad you liked it!! :D

796385_f260.jpg

Ok, September babies, the mission is ON! :(

September 2009 missions were emailed 5 minutes ago (literally), and we have some early birthdays in the month. Please let me know if you have any questions about your assignment or about appropriate items to include. Refer to Post #339 of this thread for mission details and suggestions about what to include (or what NOT to include).

Thanks in advance for participating, and please remember to update your progress here in the forums.

~Your Mission Organizer :D

Moustaches de chaton (girl- 16 y.o. in sept)

Birthday Sept- 10- 1993

Birthday Mission: Email Sent- 8/4

Birthday Mission: Name Received- 08/20, now making a bit of reseach with Moustaches de chaton

Birthday Mission: Sent-

Birthday Mission: Received-

***Moustaches de chaton owns 7 geocoins listed in my keeping list on my account in my forum sig

Birthday Mission Email Sent - Aug 6th

Birthday Mission Name Received - no

Birthday Mission Sent - this will go out today Aug 25th Since i go in to the hospital on Sunday to have the baby i want to make shure this gets out and i do not for get about it . Will let every one know about the baby when i get back home .....

Birthday Mission Received - NO

My daughter, E of Team_BG, was very happy to receive her birthday package today ... all the way from Australia to Canada. She was delighted with the intriguing and generous contents.

I'll try to post photos tomorrow before the gifts all disappear into her room.

Many thanks to the sender (JustaTrifle) for a wonderful package ... these missions are great at keeping my kids engaged with caching.

All the best,

CanadaKate

Birthday Mission: Email sent aug 9

Birthday Mission: Name Received yes - august 20. Wow,this was a nice name, will do some shopping and research.

Birthday Mission: Sent

Birthday Mission: Received

Thanks!

grodan Karin.

I have been able to fins some coins I think the receiver would like. Just have to wait for them to get here. Should be here in time in hope.

grodan Karin

email sent for an August Birthday

mrs usyoopers

Birthday Mission: Email Sent- 6/9

Birthday Mission: Name Received- 6/24

Birthday Mission: Sent- Went out today....7/30

Birthday Mission: Received- 8/22 :P Today is my Birthday and no mission for me :)

8/31 ....More than a week since my Birthday and still no package for me :)

Edited by usyoopers

mrs usyoopers

Birthday Mission: Received- 8/22 :blink: Today is my Birthday and no mission for me :D

8/31 ....More than a week since my Birthday and still no package for me :D

Oh No usyoopers! Did you email the person who ran the August exchange so they can check their records to make sure it was sent out by your person? :D Hopefully it is just "temporarily misplaced" at the post office? Maybe since it is taking so long, it will be a super awesome package when it arrives? :lol:

mrs usyoopers

Birthday Mission: Received- 8/22 :blink: Today is my Birthday and no mission for me :)

8/31 ....More than a week since my Birthday and still no package for me :)

Oh No usyoopers! Did you email the person who ran the August exchange so they can check their records to make sure it was sent out by your person? :mad: Hopefully it is just "temporarily misplaced" at the post office? Maybe since it is taking so long, it will be a super awesome package when it arrives? ;)

I did send a note to the organizer but haven't heard anything back yet.

birthday_cake_clip_art3.jpg

Calling all OCTOBER Birthday boys and girls

This mission is for you!

If you have a birthday later in the year, then please be patient ~ your turn will come….

To participate:

You must be willing to send two (2) unactivated geocoins to one participant.

You must be a registered user in these forums with some history of posting.

If you have a birthday in October and want to be part of this mission please send me a message through my GC.com profile.

Include in your message:

Geocaching Name

Birthdate (you may include your age you are turning if you like)

Real Name

Address

Please also address the following:

Are you willing to mail outside your country? Or global region?

(Note that some people don’t get this option, unfortunately, due to being the only one in their country signed up)

Do you have a seeking list? If so, where. If not, are there any coins you'd like to own?

What are your interests? This will help your "gifter" in assembling a fun package!

NOTE: Please do not ask me to assign you a certain individual, the missions will be assigned at random.

What you need for this mission

1. Be prepared to mail in time, a birthday mission to a recipient.

2. Include 2 unactivated and trackable Geocoins (you may send more)

3. Add birthday goodies and treats as per the lists below.

4. Wrap it up, box it or package it and send it.

Birthday Missions should include something from the lists below.

The best mission would be one item from each group (two geocoins though)

THIS MISSION IS ALSO FAMILY FRIENDLY ~ please consider that when selecting gifts.

GROUP A (requires at least 2)

Regular unactivated Geocoin

(This can be upgraded)

GROUP B (optional extra)

Pathtag

Micro geocoins

Caching pins

TB tags and Geocoin buddies

GROUP C (optional)

Caching related items

GROUP D (optional)

Personal signature items

Regional souvenir

Postcard of your area

GROUP E (optional)

Novelty item or toy.

GROUP F

Birthday card or tag.

International missions should omit any seeds and plant material.

These "groups" are to help as a guide on what to include ~ especially for those who have not participated in a birthday mission before.

You may also wish to check out last year's mission: 2008 Birthday Mission

NAMES FOR OCTOBER IN BY 15 SEPTEMBER.

Edited by Penny and Kona

Birthday Mission: Email sent (to myself!) - 2 August 2009

Birthday Mission: Name Received - yes, 20 August 2009 - now to do some research...

Birthday Mission: Sent - YES! Mailed to recipient on 2 September 2009...and it SHOULD get there in time!

Birthday Mission: Received - YES! Received on 27 August, and now must struggle to wait till the 26th of September. Hmmmmm

Yippy, Yippy it's September ;) Wait ... that means Christmas isn't to far off doesn't it B)

Birthday mission email sent: August 3

Birthday mission name received: August 20

Birthday mission sent: September 3

Birthday mission received: September 3 (at least I think I received it. The family has decided that I am not to open it until my birthday, which is still 3 days away, and have hidden it! :P No luck finding it yet but I'm still looking :D )

A huge thanks to Penny and Kona for setting up the September babies and many thanks to my gift sender! I will get to open it soon, and I can't wait!

Thank you Penny and Kona for the birthday wishes! I was correct in that the package I received on the 3rd was my birthday package, and I did get some caches off my list yesterday. ;) When it was time to open my package, my family grinned at me and handed me the GPS! :D

Now the first thing you need to know ... mom cannot work a GPS, so I was a little scared I would NEVER find it! :D

Second thing you need to know ... my brother is EVIL :D when it come to picking on me (although can you really blame him? He did learn from the best, me! His very loving older sister :laughing: )

So how does this apply to my package??? Well the coordinates did not exist! At first I thought the GPS was simply messing up ... then I heard the laughing. Looking up I see darling baby brother with his hand covering his mouth. I handed him the GPS and glared. :D With a sigh we walked to the dryer (the dryer!!! Not only did I look there, but I had put a load in the night before!) and he pulled out the package. Upon handing me the package he had the nerve to look INNOCENT! ;)

Oh well. Now that the venting portion of this post is over....

I would like to give a big thank you and virtual hug to fuzziebear3 for my wonderful package. I laughed when I opened my coin (you know the one :laughing:) and then laughed again when I read your note. The goodies were wonderful, and I loved the coin & book about the Wright brothers. You were correct as well about NC. I have been lucky enough to travel to the location of the first flight. Thanks to my father (who loves history) and my brother (the history major) I have somehow become addicted to learning of the past. I have never been to your state, so I enjoyed reading your letter and eating the yummy, yummy goodness (even if I had to keep stealing it back from the two guys mention above :laughing: ) Everything inside the box brought smiles, and I thank you for your generosity.

Birthday Mission Email Sent - Aug 6th

Birthday Mission Name Received - no

Birthday Mission Sent - this will go out today Aug 25th Since i go in to the hospital on Sunday to have the baby i want to make shure this gets out and i do not for get about it . Will let every one know about the baby when i get back home .....

Birthday Mission Received - 9/8/2009

Awsome Thank you very much !!! The Traveling coin is now active .

I loved every thing !!! Awsome mission thanks again

mrs usyoopers

Birthday Mission: Received- 8/22 :) Today is my Birthday and no mission for me :laughing:

8/31 ....More than a week since my Birthday and still no package for me :grin:

Oh No usyoopers! Did you email the person who ran the August exchange so they can check their records to make sure it was sent out by your person? :D Hopefully it is just "temporarily misplaced" at the post office? Maybe since it is taking so long, it will be a super awesome package when it arrives? :D

I did send a note to the organizer but haven't heard anything back yet.

Hooray! It arrived today 9/8. It was indeed a super awesome package as well! A Happy Birthday coin (from coins and pins...very nice!) A Traveling Ingot, they fit in micros very well and a Leo Traveling Zodiac...cool huh!?!

I will save the party hats, plates and table decoration for next year, that gives me something to look forward to! There was keychains, magnets and shot glass.... And chocolate, ladies I'm telling ya, if Brewmeister signs up for a mission sign yourself up too and cross your fingers that he gets ya. There was Cadbury milk chocolate, Hersheys peanut butter kisses, York peppermint patties, 2 different Russell Stover dark chocolate bars and even......an Idaho Spud Bar!!

I had been reading a book by Steve Almond, "Candy Freak" and in it he describes the Idaho Spud Bar. He said that the fluffy filling was kind of like "tofu-marshmallow". Now who could resist wanting to try such a confection? Not having that bar available here I never thought I would get to try one and then lo and behold, one arrives in my mailbox! It is....different. (but good)

Thanks much Brewmeister, it might have been late but it sure was great!!

e0c8fc57-b5be-4276-968e-9e3439e824e6.jpg

A gentle reminder (and shameless plug!) for October babies:

the deadline for participating in the October Birthday mission is midnight (Central Time) 15 September.

That's one week from today!

If you have an October birthday and would like to participate, please contact me through gc.com before then. See post #.....aw, I forget, but one of the earlier posts includes rules and expectations for this mission.

Hope to hear from October babies soon!

Birthday Mission Name Received - Yep

Birthday Mission Sent - Sure Thing!!!!

Birthday Mission Received - Oh yea!!!!

Thank you so much "Cat's Wiskers"!!!!! You are probably the only person to get me something on my birthday!!!! :o:anibad:

P.S., if you read this, please contact me to I can thank you personally.

Chipper

CSRA Cruisers

grodan Karin, september 19

Birthday Mission: Email sent aug9

Birthday Mission: Name Received - yes

Birthday Mission: Sent - waiting for coins so possible it will be late :anibad:

Birthday Mission: Received - YES!!! :D

Got a note from postoffice I had a big letter to pick up. Didn´t wait for any big trade so I sent hubby off to get it. A big package nicely wrapped came. Hmm, no clue from the sendersaddy, had to open it and then....I realized it was my Birthday mission. And what lovely mission to get. Thank you very much penny and Kona.

There were chocolates, :o frogstickers, frogstamp and ink, 2 pathtags and 3 coins. A cachehopper!! a tadpole newest and a chinese fan. All things were put in a nice box. It was very nice and I think I will use it to keep all stuff and things I get in my missions. I am so happy for my mission.

Thank you very much!!

Thank you or holding this mission.

All the best.

grodan Karin