BIRTHDAY MISSION 2009 ~ in smaller groups

Butterfly_lady

Birthday Mission Update from Geoghunt.

Sorry, my computer decided to lose its hard drive a few weeks back, and I have only just recovered the contents...

So to my Birthday mission cacher... sorry, I have only just relocated your address, but it is on its way... sorry. (Your birthday is tommorow so it will only be a week late hopefully)

Also a big thank you to Ezcphs3 for my birthday gift... photos to be uploaded soon.

Geoghunt

Still nothing... :ph34r:

Birthday mission email sent: 20 feb 2009

Birthday mission name received: 21 feb 2009

Birthday mission sent: 3 march 2009

Birthday mission received: not yet

It's my birthday today, but nothing in the mailbox yet. Well, It's also fun to spread the birthday presents! I already got a present today, so it will be nice to get a surprise next week or the week after that :mellow:

102711.jpg

Calling all May and June Birthday Boys and Gals…

This mission is for you! If you have a birthday later in the year, then please be patient ~ your turn will come….

To participate :

You must be willing to send 2 geocoins (unactivated if trackable) to one participant.

You must be a registered user in these forums with some history of posting.

If you have a birthday in May or June and want to be part of this mission please send me a message through my GC.com profile.

Geocaching Name

Birth date (you may include your age you are turning if you like)

Real Name

Address

Are you willing to mail outside your country? Or global region?

(Note some people don’t get this option, unfortunately, due to being the only one in their country signed up)

Do you have a seeking list? If so, where. If not, are there any coins you'd like to own?

- Please do not ask me to assign you a certain individual, the missions will be assigned at random.

What you need for this mission

1. Be prepared to mail in time, a birthday mission to a recipient.

2. Include 2 unactivated and trackable Geocoins (you may send more)

3. Add optional birthday goodies and treats as per the list below.

4. Wrap it up, box it or package it and send it.

THIS MISSION IS ALSO FAMILY FRIENDLY ~ please consider that when selecting gifts.

required

Regular unactivated Geocoin ( at least 2)

(This can be upgraded)

and a Birthday card or tag.

PLUS items to turn this into a birthday gift - suggestions below.

Pathtag

Micro geocoins

Caching pins

TB tags and Geocoin buddies

Caching related items

Personal signature items

Regional souvenir

Postcard of your area

Candy or chocolate items.

Please try to include - Novelty item or toy - be aware of the age of the receipent.

THIS MISSION IS MEANT TO BE GEOCOINS (2) PLUS BIRTHDAY GIFT

Tossing just 2 geocoins into an envelope would satisfy the mission (Just), but it is meant to be more than that. Small items that relate to caching, the cacher's interests, or a play on their caching name add a great deal of pleasure - both to the sender and the receiver!

Please ensure you understand what you are expected to send before you sign up.

International missions should omit any seeds and plant material.

You may also wish to check out last year's mission.

2008 Birthday Mission

NAMES FOR MAY IN ASAP – I will start allocating missions by April 5th (and will continue as needed).

NAMES FOR JUNE IN BY APRIL 15th.

Once you receive your mission please post that you have done so in the thread. We'd love to see your goodies!

ELTADA

Edited by ELTADA

CHANGING THE WORDING....

What you need for this mission

1. Be prepared to mail in time, a birthday mission to a recipient.

2. Include 2 unactivated and trackable Geocoins (you may send more)

3. Add birthday goodies and treats as per the lists below.

4. Wrap it up, box it or package it and send it.

The best mission would be one item from each group (two geocoins though)

THIS MISSION IS ALSO FAMILY FRIENDLY ~ please consider that when selecting gifts.

required

Regular unactivated Geocoin ( at least 2)

(This can be upgraded)

and a Birthday card or tag.

PLUS items to turn this into a birthday gift - suggestions below.

Pathtag

Micro geocoins

Caching pins

TB tags and Geocoin buddies

Caching related items

Personal signature items

Regional souvenir

Postcard of your area

Candy or chocolate items.

Please try to include - Novelty item or toy - be aware of the age of the receipent.

As pointed out, there was a little too much "optional" items....

THIS MISSION IS MEANT TO BE GEOCOINS (2) PLUS BIRTHDAY GIFT

Tossing just 2 geocoins into an envelope would satisfy the mission (Just), but it is meant to be more than that. Small items that relate to caching, the cacher's interests, or a play on their caching name add a great deal of pleasure - both to the sender and the receiver!

Please ensure you understand what you are expected to send before you sign up.

Edit - to try to get away from "groups" - that was the wrong word, but I can't quite find the right word.... it relates to the gift contents being varied.

Eltada

As you can see from Butterfly Lady's post number 25 (copied above) - she changed the wording of her original mission to clarify what was actually expected - [people had mentioned that too many optional items could confuse people]

Birthday mission email sent: 20 feb 2009

Birthday mission name received: 21 feb 2009

Birthday mission sent: 3 march 2009

Birthday mission received: not yet

It's my birthday today, but nothing in the mailbox yet. Well, It's also fun to spread the birthday presents! I already got a present today, so it will be nice to get a surprise next week or the week after that :mellow:

Happy Birthday Li-Z!! I hope you get your mission soon!

I would like to put my daughter Jetske up for the birthday mission.

May 30 she'll become 15 1/2 .

We always bring up her birthday 1/2 a year earlier because the end of the year is such a busy period. In Holland the main family tradition is on december 5th and of course xmas.

She likes coins with animals.

I really do not know if there is a coin with Bambi (the Disney deer) She likes it because her horse is named Bambi. Het own coins are activated and listed under our profile Millieballon and have her name in front.

She likes to draw, she has her own horse and she likes the eventing sport. Take a look at our TB and you well find her horse :blink: She likes computing and her ipod!

She helped with the shopping of my mission and would like to do this mission herself.

Email sent: march 30

Birthday mission email sent: Yes

Birthday mission name received: Yes

Birthday mission sent: Yes! Hope they got it as it should have been there by now!

Birthday mission received: Yes...but I'm not allowed to open it until April 27th...DARN IT!! It says so right on the package...I'm the world's WORST waiter!!! Anyway...more later once I can open it! :blink:

Child Mission Junior Ski - Morgan

Email sent 31 March 2009

Name received

Mission Sent

Mission Received

Have today sent my email to Etlada to include Junior Ski (Morgan) in the June birthday swap.

Morgan is a boy. He will be 10 on his birthday. He loves Pirates (and anything Pirate related), lego, Pokemon and horses (unfortunately we don't have a horse but he rides each week) and reading

Edited by SkiBums (UK)

Yesterday was the last day in March and I received my Birthday Mission! Excellent timing as always!

But when I pulled the box out of the oversized mail compartment, it was wrapped in a Canada Post bag -- uh oh. I could clearly see the word "unfortunately" plus a big hole in the box. As luck would have it, I believe only a few stray balloons escaped as I had a WONDERFUL box of loot awaiting me!

I received a magnetic poetry kit (I enjoy creating fun poems actually!), a geocacher bracelet and patch, a geocoin addict pin (my husband saw it and said "someone knows you pretty well!"), a lovely card and balloons. The geocoins are AWESOME! Two are from my seeking list...the Two Seasons of December (Sandblasted Silver & Translucent Enamels) and the NZ Kiwi 2008 in Antique Copper! I also received a California 2007 Micro...cute design.

A big thank you to Ilonka -- I love everything!

A pic of my whole package (note the mangled box in the background!) and a close up of the coins:

Birthday%20Mission%20Pkg%202009.JPG

Birthday%20Mission%20Coins%202009.JPG

Adult Mission

Email sent 2/4/09

Name received...2-20-09, Researching

Mission Sent...Into the Postal System this afternoon. The box will most likely arrive a few days late

There wasn't a good reason for my tardiness, so I'll apologize now. wub.gif

Mission Received 4/1/09. A box from Birthday Mission with our return address was in the mailbox today.

We will open it and get some pictures when the better half gets home. :unsure:

I have a horrible confession to make! ;)

When I received the email with my two missions, I wrote them down on my calendar so that I wouldn't forget. What I didn't realize is that I wrote them down for April, instead of March. I took my time gathering up stuff for the two packages.

It wasn't until I was ready to send them off that I went back to the original email for the addresses and saw my mistake!

To Mufflon and Li-Z: my most sincere apologies for missing your birthdays (by almost a month for Mufflon!) The packages ARE on their way.

I have a horrible confession to make! ;)

When I received the email with my two missions, I wrote them down on my calendar so that I wouldn't forget. What I didn't realize is that I wrote them down for April, instead of March. I took my time gathering up stuff for the two packages.

It wasn't until I was ready to send them off that I went back to the original email for the addresses and saw my mistake!

To Mufflon and Li-Z: my most sincere apologies for missing your birthdays (by almost a month for Mufflon!) The packages ARE on their way.

Hope your young one receives his belated birthdaypackage soon. Spoiling the fun maybe but I know it has been sent. :laughing:

grodan Karin

As promised Pictures of the mission we received

3415046562_ff3b8f6245.jpg

A nice card and many individual boxes

3414240755_c253e3da94.jpg

A 3 Costco Guys coin, An Avroair micro, A Crappy Cache coin, And The Happy Birthday Coin that we had never seen. Also a Smiley Face Token and a Muggle Stone

3415046884_5e7208d5cd.jpg

We Really liked the Birthday Coin.

Thank you Geocoin Mission whoever you are. :rolleyes:

Edited by TeamEccs21

I have a horrible confession to make! :rolleyes:

No problem, thanks for posting! I'll be on holiday from next week to may, so It will be fun to know I have a present still waiting for me when I come back home in may :-)) I'm not sure if I will have acces to internet while I'm away. If I do, I'll ask the persons looking after my house and cats to let me know when the mission arrives. Otherwise: don't worry if I don't post a 'received' message before may!

We arrived home from our Spring Break vacation a few minutes before midnight on Saturday. When I finally finished a bunch of necessary chores (unpacking, grocery shopping, doing the laundry, clearing the snow & ice from the neighbour's driveway, etc.) I wandered down to the mailbox to discover that my incoming birthday mission was sitting there! It was perfect timing, since it was my actual birthday.

Here's a picture of the package contents, all wrapped up in pretty green (springlike) paper...

3416950330_ef4f092613.jpg

And here's everything after I unwrapped it...

3416138805_b2747ef5e2.jpg

THANK YOU Anette (Mufflon), for all the birthday presents! All three geocoins are new to me: Golden Horns, the Blue Swedes jukebox featuring "Satellit" and "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" and a Mufflon GeoGuitar.

Out of the many other goodies my favourites are the pathtag, the handful of "I Love Geocaching" pencils and (of course), the Lego set! The Lego set (#8397) came with the following insert:

"This Lego-box is labeled "Priates". It's a mistake of course. The Lego-man is a Geocacher out camping and caching. But as all cachers know, we are sometimes mistaken for other types of people by the mugglers of the world: intruders, pirates or just very strange behaving humans, when all we want is to find our treasures. Well, we might have that in common with the pirates..." I thought this was very creative (something I've learned is a common trait among geocachers).

So thanks again to Anette for all of the wonderful birthday goodies. And thanks also to Bernice, for running mission control for March and April.

Mrs. GeoKs' birthday mission is now complete, as Simon's mom posted back in March that his package has arrived.

Birthday mission email sent: Yes, Feb 5.

Birthday mission name received: Yes, Feb 21

Birthday mission sent: Yes! Mailed it March 27. (Arrived April 6)

Birthday mission received: Yes! April 9

Finally my birthday package arrived, but I knew it would be a little late after reading E&Cplus3's post a few days ago. Don't worry about it beeing sent late, I enjoy it just as much, if not more, even if it's a little late.

A very promising brown box was waiting in my mailbox today! I opened it and found a bunch of wrapped things in there. I was too eager to open them to think of getting a "before picture", but I do have an "after picture".

So many goodies! Several are Canadian themed; a flag, a compass, a raincoat (I live close to the sea, it will be useful), a very pretty glass pendant, a wooden A as the first letter in my name, a coffee crisp candy bar (still trying to save it for a little later, but it won't survive for long) and of course the COINS! I love them all! Thank you!

birthdaymission2009.jpg

A Pathtag Transporter coin, a ISAF/CA coin and an Atlantic Canada Souwester coin. All very pretty coins! Thank you!

2009bdmissioncoins1.jpg

2009bdmissioncoins2.jpg

Fronts and backs are mixed above. Lovely coins!

Birthday Mission (Jonathan of E&Cplus3)

Birthday Mission Email Sent - 06/02/09

Birthday Mission Name Received - 21/02/09

Birthday Mission Sent - 03/04/09

Birthday Mission Received - 09/03/09

Birthday Mission (Patrick of E&Cplus3)

Birthday Mission Email Sent - 06/02/09

Birthday Mission Name Received - 21/02/09

Birthday Mission Sent - 03/04/09

Birthday Mission Received - 08/04/09

Patrick received his birthday mission from Grodan and Fiabus! He loved the little Curious George plush toy and looks absolutely adorable in his new pajamas! :laughing: But he ended up playing with the box (of course!).

Sorry, no pics. The camara was left at my sister-in-law's house during our last visit.

Birthday mission email sent: 2/6/09

Birthday mission name received: 2/21/09

Birthday mission sent: 3/26/09

Birthday mission received: 4/03/09

Got home & found a box from Wheeling W Virginia.... now I gotta be tempted for a week!

Thank You Ron/ Cainrcc!

Ripped open my box to get at my goodie... a card that was fitting considering where I spend my days, a post card from Wheeling, a can of Silly String (I foresee some trouble here!), a premade cache with pins, & Hostess cupcakes with candles. A 'The Dude & Sarah' geo-Jelly, a Highlands Fling woodie, A TGBear hiker, and (to my amusement as I was just reading a couple of Forums on the subject) a 'Geo-Cide' coin! The only unpleasantness was getting splatted with a snowball on my Birthday! :laughing:B)

Thank you for a fun mission!

Just a reminder that anyone with birthdays in May or June who wish to be included in the Birthday Mission should let me know as soon as possible (preferably before April 15th) so I can match up names. One batch was already matched up and I need some more names for the second. If you have submitted your info to me and not received a name yet, it is because I am waiting for a few more.

Thanks!

Birthday Mission Update from Geoghunt.

Sorry, my computer decided to lose its hard drive a few weeks back, and I have only just recovered the contents...

So to my Birthday mission cacher... sorry, I have only just relocated your address, but it is on its way... sorry. (Your birthday is tommorow so it will only be a week late hopefully)

Also a big thank you to Ezcphs3 for my birthday gift... photos to be uploaded soon.

Geoghunt

Still nothing... :laughing:

HI,

Has the 2nd parcel arrived yet... I posted it nearly a month ago now. Getting worried now.

Teen Mission (Team Black-Cat (Dan))

Birthday Mission Email Sent - Yes

Birthday Mission Name Received - YES (12/22)

Birthday Mission Sent - Yes

Birthday Mission Received - Yes

Adult Mission (Team Black-Cat (Brian)

Birthday Mission Email Sent - Yes

Birthday Mission Name Received - Yes (12/22)

Birthday Mission Sent - Yep! 1/6

Birthday Mission Received - Yes

Just checking in - I'm still around, but having a few health issues, adjusting to new meds for my migraines etc... so pleased to have others stepping in taking control of this mission....

AND so pleased to see all the positive posts.

Thanks for those who signed up for what they can give to the community!

Finally received a nice package from Geohunt. A camoed L&L container with some cool Essex, England themed swag items and Britan geocoin and a Northern Ireland geocoin. I would post some pics if my camera hadn't gone missing a while ago.

Thanks, GeoHunt!

Excellent news... Glad you finally got your birthday package - sorry the first one was lost... but it has been returned to me now, so you might just get an unbirthday pacage in the near future.

Geoghunt

gardengorilla, can you check on the status of my birthday recipient? I mailed the package early in March and I have not seen a post about it being received. :D I am always on pins and needles until I can confirm that people get what I send....

Thanks.

No worries, I believe you have your answer now :D

:P

thank goodness! whew!