BIRTHDAY MISSION 2009 ~ in smaller groups

Butterfly_lady

Okay, here's the deal: I couldn't wait.

Normally I'm really good at waiting, 'cause I love surprises. But the box...it just sat there...taunting me...

And all I can say is wow, wow, wow, wow!

b-day_gift-sm.jpg/

click on the pic for a slightly larger view

Queenie-Boo-Day, you are the best! Summer Grace immediately snagged the bear you sent for her and the Terrible Towel, which for some reason had me in giggles for about 10 minutes. The candy is quite delicious. I got a Northwest Ohio Geocachers coin (shaped, glittery, and just all kinds of cool) as well as a "Persistence of Caching" geocoin (based on one of my favorite paintings as a kid -- I was a weird little kid).

I've got your bug, Queenie's World Travel Coin, and will release it somewhere around northern Japan as soon as I get out caching. And thanks so much for the puzzle and the travel bug tag -- I will do exactly as you suggest and will be attaching the tag to the puzzle so that other people can be as hounded as I was working on this puzzle. ; ) I shall have to figure out some way to sneak the geocaching pin onto my command ballcap and I love the birthday cards and the postcards of Pittsburgh (oh, and Summer is quite taken with the Penguins button too). Really, I had a great time opening up all of the packages with the child -- thank you so much!

Okay, here's the deal: I couldn't wait.

Normally I'm really good at waiting, 'cause I love surprises. But the box...it just sat there...taunting me...

And all I can say is wow, wow, wow, wow!

b-day_gift-sm.jpg/

click on the pic for a slightly larger view

Queenie-Boo-Day, you are the best! Summer Grace immediately snagged the bear you sent for her and the Terrible Towel, which for some reason had me in giggles for about 10 minutes. The candy is quite delicious. I got a Northwest Ohio Geocachers coin (shaped, glittery, and just all kinds of cool) as well as a "Persistence of Caching" geocoin (based on one of my favorite paintings as a kid -- I was a weird little kid).

I've got your bug, Queenie's World Travel Coin, and will release it somewhere around northern Japan as soon as I get out caching. And thanks so much for the puzzle and the travel bug tag -- I will do exactly as you suggest and will be attaching the tag to the puzzle so that other people can be as hounded as I was working on this puzzle. ; ) I shall have to figure out some way to sneak the geocaching pin onto my command ballcap and I love the birthday cards and the postcards of Pittsburgh (oh, and Summer is quite taken with the Penguins button too). Really, I had a great time opening up all of the packages with the child -- thank you so much!

Here is the list of people participating in the March/April Birthday 2009 mission:

Maine Family

TeamEccs21 Grodan and Fiabus for SimonLimon

Mufflon

E&Cplus3 for Jonathan Turner

E&Cplus3 Jonathan Turner Kurdogso

ELTADA

GeoK's (Denise)

ricktroop13

Ilonka1980

Toojin

Sweetlife (Barry)

cainrcc

If anyone is missing let me know! Expect your mission email tomorrow...

Birthday Mission Update from Geoghunt.

Sorry, my computer decided to lose its hard drive a few weeks back, and I have only just recovered the contents...

So to my Birthday mission cacher... sorry, I have only just relocated your address, but it is on its way... sorry. (Your birthday is tommorow so it will only be a week late hopefully)

Also a big thank you to Ezcphs3 for my birthday gift... photos to be uploaded soon.

Geoghunt

Sorry I'm really late logging that Cheyenne's (Animal Magic) birthday parcel arrived. She was delighted with everything inside and the pink bear has spent every night in her bed since.

Hopefully we'll get time to activate the Happy Birthday and Black Canyon Beach Luau event coins ready to take to an event tomorrow.

Thank you so much.

Is it too late to get in on the April Bday mission? if so, I understand, not a big deal, but I thought I would check! Thanks!

short answer, yes as I've sent out all emails.

long answer: If I get someone else last minute then I'll let you know, ok? I hate to say no....

It's ok...I thought I was...so don't go out of your way! I'm sure it's hard enough to manage these missions without late people joining all the time! :laughing:

Birthday mission email sent: 20 feb 2009

Birthday mission name received: 21 feb 2009

Birthday mission sent: 3 march 2009

Birthday mission received:

The mission I sent will probably arrive a bit early, so I hope the recipient will be able to wait <_<

And of course that the coisn will still be on the seeking list!

Birthday mission email sent: Feb 7 09

Birthday mission name received: Feb 25

Birthday mission sent: TODAY 3/4/09 I am afraid it might be just a bit late we were waiting on a coin

Birthday mission received: Monday 3/2/09 will post pictures when opened THANK YOU!!

That was Fun :)

Alicia & Bob

Team Kurdogso :D

Email sent - Feb 05

Name received - Feb 20

Mission sent - Mar 05

APOLOGIES in advance...this one's probably going to arrive a little late, but I couldn't bring myself to fork over $48 to send via air mail! The recipient's birthday is still 3 weeks away, but packages from Canada to Europe often take longer than that.

Mission received - (not expected for a month or so)

Child mission SimonLimon

Birthday Mission Email Sent - YES, feb 5

Birthday Mission Name Received - YES, feb21 I´ve been researching most of the day :rolleyes: tricky, just hope the list is updated

Birthday Mission Sent - no, still time

Birthday Mission Received - no

I traded for a coin on the seekinglist and the same week I got it in the mail, the receiverperson got one also from the mathtrade. So I had to find another and I´m waiting for that to arrive. That means the mission may be late in arrival but the rest is packed up so it is just the coin I´m waiting for.

grodan Karin

Adult Mission -Ralph

Birthday Mission Email Sent: Yes on 2/4

Birthday Mission Name Received: Yes on 2/20

Birthday Mission Sent: Sent it today, 2/25

Birthday Mission Received: Yes and WOW! Definitley worth the wait. A Code three geocoin and a beach cachoids. An Appalachian Maine pin, A pen with Mount St. Helen's ash, a canned whale, Mount Rainier animal cookies, a happy birthday flashing magnet, slug sucker, post cards for Tacoma and Mount Rainier, a card and candy. Thank you so much Kurdogso. You made my birthday so special.

I3010015.jpg

We are so happy to hear your package made it to Maine, we were starting to worry.

We enjoyed picking out things to send your way and hope you had a very Happy Birthday!

Your friends in Washington

Alicia (& Bob) Kurdogso

PS No whales were harmed in the making of a canned whale

Adult Mission -Ralph

Birthday Mission Email Sent: Yes on 2/4

Birthday Mission Name Received: Yes on 2/20

Birthday Mission Sent: Sent it today, 2/25

Birthday Mission Received: Yes and WOW! Definitley worth the wait. A Code three geocoin and a beach cachoids. An Appalachian Maine pin, A pen with Mount St. Helen's ash, a canned whale, Mount Rainier animal cookies, a happy birthday flashing magnet, slug sucker, post cards for Tacoma and Mount Rainier, a card and candy. Thank you so much Kurdogso. You made my birthday so special.

I3010015.jpg

Child mission SimonLimon

Birthday Mission Name Received - YES, feb21 I´ve been researching most of the day :rolleyes: tricky, just hope the list is updated

Birthday Mission Sent - no, :lol: I´m sorry but I´m still waiting for that coin to come in

Birthday Mission Received - YES! Thank you GeoKs, sometimes the mail from Canada is fast.

Thank you very much for all the goodies Simon got. He has been eating the "catfur" from the book and enjoyed it very much. :lol: The crayons was nice, have never seen those before must try them soon. Pathtags and all coins from the seekinglist. You are very kind and put alot of effort into this I can see. Thanks!!

73aa2fbb-58df-4e9a-b9f6-0a6426354aec.jpg

24893f50-9b9f-4143-86b8-410c195503d2.jpg

grodan Karin

Edited by grodan & fiabus

And also, Happy Birthday to Mufflon (March 10)

Thanks!

A week past my birthday now and still nothing in my mailbox. :)

I have to admit though, it's more exciting than usual to check the mail. I can live with that for a while longer. :D

My outgoing mission is not sent yet, it's an April birthday and I plan to mail it next week or so. Will update when I do.

It's been almost two weeks ago since I sent my Mission.... I hope my recipient will receive a package in the mailbox soon! :)

Received it yesterday :) Now I just have to wait a month to open it. Will post pictures when I open it.Thanks

Adult Mission

Email sent 2/11/09

Name received 2/20/09

Mission Sent Almost ready to go

Mission Received 3/17/09

It's been almost two weeks ago since I sent my Mission.... I hope my recipient will receive a package in the mailbox soon! :)

Received it yesterday :D Now I just have to wait a month to open it. Will post pictures when I open it.Thanks

Adult Mission

Email sent 2/11/09

Name received 2/20/09

Mission Sent Almost ready to go

Mission Received 3/17/09

Glad te hear it arrived .... :) Sorry about the waiting part (I'm not very good at that myself :) ), but I wanted to make sure you got the package on time before I go on holiday :D

I'll still be away and probably without an internet connection on your birthday, but I hope you'll like your presents and have a wonderful day!!

Birthday Mission Email Sent: Yes, 6 February 2009

Birthday Mission Name Received: Yes, 21 February 2009

Birthday Mission Sent: Not yet. It's packed and ready to go. Going to the postoffice tomorrow.

Birthday Mission Received:

Hopefully it will arrive on time. Sorry for the delay.

Child mission SimonLimon

Birthday Mission Name Received - YES, feb21 I´ve been researching most of the day :blink: tricky, just hope the list is updated

Birthday Mission Sent - YES, finally sorry for the delay

Birthday Mission Received - YES, thank you.

grodan Karin

So sorry again for the delay.

Email Sent: Yes

Name Received: Yes, 20-Feb

Mission Sent: Yes, 05-Mar (will probably arrive early but wanted to guarantee that it got there before the special day)

Mission Received: Not yet :laughing: my birthday has come and gone and no package...I'm sure it's running just a bit behind...