BIRTHDAY MISSION 2009 ~ in smaller groups

Butterfly_lady

Update:

Adult Mission - Jackalgirl

Birthday Mission Email Sent: Yes

Birthday Mission Name Received: Yes! 10JAN09

Birthday Mission Sent: Not yet -- the Post Office foiled me this morning. KAAAAAAHN! It'll be open again on Tuesday :D but I will have it out first thing then!

Birthday Mission Received: Not yet

Edited by Jackalgirl

Hello Butterfly Lady,

I would like to participate:

Young Adult :lol:Mission Queenie-Boo-Bay

Birthday Mission Email Sent - 12/11/08

Birthday Mission Name Received - NO

Birthday Mission Sent - NO

Birthday Mission Received - NO

This looks like great fun B) .

Young Adult :DMission Queenie-Boo-Bay

Birthday Mission Name Received - 1/10/09 Great participant for me, looking forward to finishing mission work. Have been preparing now can finalize.

We just returned home from being out of town for a few days, when I got back the one coin I have been waiting for was here. :D

In my reasearch I think I have profiled my mission receiptant correctly so I hope this last Geocoin makes him/her happy.

I have also added a few other special items in as well, I hope to have this in the mail tomorrow morning, I wil post a replay as soon as it hits the counter.

Thank you for putting together the mission.

Edited by Queenie-Boo-Bay

I'm embarassed to say that I have fallen behind in my mission sending. :D

But I finally got this one out today, and can also confirm that the incoming mission arrived. I apologize to my recipient that the parcel will not arrive in time for their birthday (already passed). Hope you had a good one!

Adult Mission (Esther of E&Cplus3)

Birthday Mission Email Sent - 11/12/08

Birthday Mission Name Received - 22/12/08

Birthday Mission Sent - 26/01/09

Birthday Mission Received - 20/01/09 Thank you SkiBums(UK)! My wife loved her presents! :P

Edited by E&Cplus3

I'm embarassed to say that I have fallen behind in my mission sending. :D

But I finally got this one out today, and can also confirm that the incoming mission arrived. I apologize to my recipient that the parcel will not arrive in time for their birthday (already passed). Hope you had a good one!

Adult Mission (Esther of E&Cplus3)

Birthday Mission Email Sent - 11/12/08

Birthday Mission Name Received - 22/12/08

Birthday Mission Sent - 26/01/09

Birthday Mission Received - 20/01/09 Thank you SkiBums(UK)! My wife loved her presents! :P

Glad to hear Esther finally got her presents, took two attempts to get the parcel into Canada but quite impressed with the times ( parcel sent to Canada 2/1/09, refused admission, returned to UK and us, resent to Canada finally delivered to Esther 20/1/09 - thats only 18 days)

Hello Butterfly Lady,

I would like to participate:

Young Adult :laughing:Mission Queenie-Boo-Bay

This looks like great fun :lol: .

Young Adult :blink:Mission Queenie-Boo-Bay

Birthday Mission Name Received - 1/10/09 Great participant for me, looking forward to finishing mission work. Have been preparing now can finalize.

We just returned home from being out of town for a few days, when I got back the one coin I have been waiting for was here. :D

In my reasearch I think I have profiled my mission receiptant correctly so I hope this last Geocoin makes him/her happy.

I have also added a few other special items in as well, I hope to have this in the mail tomorrow morning, I will post a replay as soon as it hits the counter.

Thank you for putting together the mission.

Well massive snow fall, sleet , and ice kept me home yesterday, but not today....

Young Adult :PMission Queenie-Boo-Bay

Birthday Mission Sent - 1/28/09

Ah man! I tried, I really did. For two whole hours that brown box was beckoning me, calling to me with its geocoiny, presenty, goodness. I withstood the temptation and tried to hold out - I really did! But I eventually broke down, and succumbed to its siren call.

Yes, that's right. I opened it. 5 days before my birthday. I know I am evil. But my goldfish made me do it!

But what a package! What a mission! What a marvellous man Sparticus is! He really went the distance on this one - he emailed me under an alias, and researched my likes and dislikes, and looked at my coin list....and what all that added up to was a fantastic package! He even made it is blingy as possible! Aaaah the bling :laughing:

After digging through a mound of gorgeous glittery blue (my favourite colour) 'stuff' I found a heap of chocolate! Woohoo! I adore chocolate! :D That will be put away and hidden from Mr CP who is a bit of a chocoholic himself, and where a little 8 year old cant run off with it. Maybe if they are VERY lucky I will share with them :P

I then came across my card - lovely, and a birthday banner, and noise makers and party hats!! :P

Digging further down I found all my individually wrapped presents waiting for me....

I got:

* A very cool micro cache container that is going to make Tassie cachers tear their hair out! :P

* A TB tag! :D

* A personal keystone micro from Sparticus! :D

* Geocoinfest 2008 geocoin from USA Geocoins :D

* And from my seeking list - a 250 Finds Achievement coin! :D

You would think that would be more than sufficient as a mission package, even for a pig, but no, there's more.

* A Sketch Pad :(

* Charcoal and Graphite Drawing Kit :P

I actually felt a little bit teary by this stage :) For some reason these last two presents really made my day. Thankyou SO much Sparticus, I really, really love my package!!! :D

And here's some photos:

f7d2cb97-ad17-46df-8937-3edc71f2bd89.jpg

I am really glad you liked everything. I had a feeling that Blue was a good color to send (your forum pic kinda helped). I did not know how much you liked to draw, but I figured, anyone who likes to doodle or draw needs a sketch pad and pencils. The Hats, banner and noise makers are to help you celebrate your B-day. And dont feel bad about opening it early, I figured it would happen since it was such a big box...lol. Enjoy the candy, I know I do.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...early!

Mmmm chocolate...... :laughing: Yes, I am definitely enjoying it! Thanks again!

Butterfly Lady, you are way stronger than me then! I give in to temptation far too easily...and Happy Birthday for the 2nd :)

I admit - I peeked to ensure there was no chocolate melting in this heat!

Though we are in the 30s - I hear Oz hitting mid 40s (90 plus for those on the old system still)

Well massive snow fall, sleet , and ice kept me home yesterday, but not today....

Young Adult :antenna:Mission Queenie-Boo-Bay

Well I need to update RIGHT NOW:

Young Adult :DMission Queenie-Boo-Bay

Birthday Mission Received - 1/29/09 :lol:

I want to say THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH to RiverTinkerbell this was a Great Birthday Mission.

When Dad showed me what came I was excited.... :lol:

Then he said I had to wait for my Birthday to open it..... :grin:

So I bugged him, AGAIN, and AGIAN, and AGAIN, and AGAIN.... :D

Well I got to open my Birthday Mission early...

My Brother getting in on the action:

8bab3ccc-4ee1-4317-9472-65b52e724f34.jpg

Look at that something for the whole family, SOOOO COOOOL

The B-Day presents:

9e239fb4-73bb-4335-808c-1ff73e3082e5.jpg

My Brother has his open already

The actual presents:

6dcb0d38-3a4f-4353-82bf-689ca3edc10b.jpg

I just love the Cheerleader Bear, and someone must know the STAR in me

The Geocoins up-close:

efcb3b8e-0a41-40d7-9443-1af812454d2a.jpg

What would a party be with out balloons, I love Astronomy, and your personal coin if this is where you cache you are VERY LUCKY.

The Sand dollar:

5447925b-1274-4d25-9b7c-fc49c16bc948.jpg

After reading the note I want to see the doves, but it is so Beautiful I do not want to break it. :unsure:

The card is great, we were just in Baltimore and at the Aquarium, the pictures remind me of the trip.

I am a big potato lover but the spud was better than any one I ever had.

I am planning my next Cache and the Lock & Lock is just perfect.

Thank you again for the wonderful Birthday Mission.

Edited by Queenie-Boo-Bay

A lovely surprise was waiting for me when I returned home from work today! Thanks Kernow Cachers!!! I received a bar of clotted cream fudge (don't know exactly what it is, but it looks really tasty and it has condensed milk, so it HAS to be really good!!! I'm having some later tonight!!!), delicious cookies, three very fragrant bath soaps, a carabiner with a rubber ring on the end to hold water bottles (this will come in very handy for our long hikes!!!), two really cool caching magnets, a Crake Symbology (love the icons on this coin, great details!), and a Cache Angel (genesis green - adorable coin! I hadn't seen this one before! I love the shade of green on it - it's not a very common color on coins!). Again, thank you so very much Kernow Cachers!!! :D I love all the presents. You made my day! :D

BirthdayMission.jpg

Edited by The 4 F's

Mmmm chocolate...... :D Yes, I am definitely enjoying it! Thanks again!

Butterfly Lady, you are way stronger than me then! I give in to temptation far too easily...and Happy Birthday for the 2nd :D

Though we are in the 30s - I hear Oz hitting mid 40s (90 plus for those on the old system still)

I'm sorry, no chocolate for above reasons. Maybe in the winter?

Mmmm chocolate...... :D Yes, I am definitely enjoying it! Thanks again!

Butterfly Lady, you are way stronger than me then! I give in to temptation far too easily...and Happy Birthday for the 2nd :)

I'm sorry, no chocolate for above reasons. Maybe in the winter?

What a neat "Butterfly" themed mission received.

There has been 3 days, no 4 days of party & birthday related activities...

photos yet to come.

And you help me heaps by NOT sending chocolate - I'm an addict

Glad you liked it! I know it wasn't too original but with a name like Butterfly_Lady....

A huge box got delivered to me from the US today, I am assuming it's my mission but I have to wait a whole week to open it!

Adult Mission : gardengorilla :)

Birthday Mission Email Sent: yes, sometime

Birthday Mission Name Received: YES! Jan. 11/09

Birthday Mission Sent: YES! Jan. 23/09

Birthday Mission Received: I think so, Feb 4/09

Well todays the day that Preteenski officially became Teenski. Just wanted to say a huge thanks to the Pingos for the fantastic mission that you sent him, he was thrilled with everything - couldn't believe that you knew he liked Ducks , Scuba, Lego and Keyrings (wonder how that happened).

Thanks again.....he will be along himself later to thank you as well

birthday_monkey.JPG

Calling all March and April Birthday boys and gals…

This mission is for you! If you have a birthday later in the year, then please be patient ~ your turn will come….

To participate :

You must be willing to send 2 geocoins (unactivated if trackable) to one participant.

You must be a registered user in these forums with some history of posting.

If you have a birthday in March or April and want to be part of this mission please send me a message through my GC.com profile.

Geocaching Name

Birth date (you may include your age you are turning if you like)

Real Name

Address

Are you willing to mail outside your country? Or global region?

(Note some people don’t get this option, unfortunately, due to being the only one in their country signed up)

Do you have a seeking list? If so, where. If not, are there any coins you'd like to own?

- Please do not ask me to assign you a certain individual, the missions will be assigned at random.

What you need for this mission

1. Be prepared to mail in time, a birthday mission to a recipient.

2. Include 2 unactivated and trackable Geocoins (you may send more)

3. Add birthday goodies and treats as per the lists below.

4. Wrap it up, box it or package it and send it.

Birthday Missions should include something from the lists below.

The best mission would be one item from each group (two geocoins though)

THIS MISSION IS ALSO FAMILY FRIENDLY ~ please consider that when selecting gifts.

GROUP A (requires at least 2)

Regular unactivated Geocoin

(This can be upgraded)

GROUP B (optional extra)

Pathtag

Micro geocoins

Caching pins

TB tags and Geocoin buddies

GROUP C (optional)

Caching related items

GROUP D (optional)

Personal signature items

Regional souvenir

Postcard of your area

GROUP E (optional)

Novelty item or toy.

GROUP F

Birthday card or tag.

International missions should omit any seeds and plant material.

These "groups" are to help as a guide on what to include ~ especially for those who have not participated in a birthday mission before.

You may also wish to check out last year's mission.

2008 Birthday Mission

Early March Birthdays – you may get yours a little late – sorry.

NAMES FOR MARCH IN ASAP – I will start allocating missions on the 20th.

NAMES FOR APRIL IN BY 15 MARCH.

Once you receive your mission please post that you have done so in the thread. We'd love to see your goodies!

PS...This is my first mission but no worries, I am learning from a pro :D

gardengorilla

Teen Mission (Team Black-Cat (Dan))

Birthday Mission Email Sent - Yes

Birthday Mission Name Received - YES (12/22)

Birthday Mission Sent - Yes

Birthday Mission Received - Yes

Adult Mission (Team Black-Cat (Brian)

Birthday Mission Email Sent - Yes

Birthday Mission Name Received - Yes (12/22)

Birthday Mission Sent - Yep! 1/6

Birthday Mission Received - no

What a busy week it has been for me.....

A wonderful party - breakfast! So many surprise guests, including my best friend from the south Island flying in.

Pancakes, a wonderful cake.....

3240159242_9f3dec4019.jpg

Then in the quiet moments afterwards, I opened the mission received from GardenGorilla.

Thanks heaps.... lots of butterfly themed items...

3254234663_a98190eb2e.jpg

3254234659_d2608f3fbc.jpg

THANK YOU!

I love the blue pendant.

And the lanyard, stickers and everything!

What a brilliant mission. :D

Two more missions for me:

Birthday Mission (Jonathan of E&Cplus3)

Birthday Mission Email Sent - 06/02/09

Birthday Mission (Patrick of E&Cplus3)

Birthday Mission Email Sent - 06/02/09

Update III:

Adult Mission - Jackalgirl

Birthday Mission Email Sent: Yes

Birthday Mission Name Received: Yes! (10JAN09)

Birthday Mission Sent: Yes! (27JAN09)

Birthday Mission Received: YES! (07FEB09)

Now comes the hard part -- waiting until my birthday!

Is this for the 2008 mission? I haven't sent any names yet....

Joepie!

My birthday mission arrived today: a spotted heavy box was waiting for me when i came home.

No need to wait because my birthday was 2 days ago (team Blackcat emailed me before my birthday that there was a small delay, but that i did not had to worry)

I'll just show you the picture and you can see that i was spoiled.

birthdaymission.jpg

As a geocoin zoo keeper we like the animals the best, they both are so cute.

As a relative newby and Dutch cacher I now learned what MWGB stands for. Must be very big with their own coins, pathtags and personal items made. Lighthouses are always nice and the newyearsbaby coin is an adorable one.

Thank you very much Black cats.

Is this for the 2008 mission? I haven't sent any names yet....

No, it's for the 2009 mission. I was part of the January/February group. I was just closing out my data sheet. : )

Ah - your birthday is still another week away.

Waiting is hard.

Happy Birthday to all February Birthday gals & guys!

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Well I have to say yesterday was my birthday and my birthday mission saved the day. It was pretty rough being so far from friends and family (who still can't figure out the time change :blink: ). To top it off I had to go buy my own cake and then I dropped it on the way into the house :D BUT I am thankful that I have a family, a house, etc. given the recent fires that have devastated many in this country.

Enough said, I received a beautiful mission all the way from Misawa, Japan thanks to Jackalgirl!!!

You took extra care to make sure it got here alright...3 outer boxes and extra padding, I'm sure nothing moved a millimeter!

008-1-1.jpg

A beautiful card with a 'coin' on it...the 3rd inner box

009-2-1.jpg

inside, more boxes in beautiful paper!

012-2.jpg

And the goodies inside...

two cute keychains

two US Navy Ball coins (Misawa, Japan)

two pathtags, one is Jackalgirls' personal

Japanese money (nabbed by my kids)

'Loved this Cache' coin and Theotokos 'Peace Dove' suncatcher coin which I totally missed out on when it was for sale...

Hachinohe Horse figurine which reminds me of the Dala horse a lot!

and lastly...a beautiful picture of a mountain temple? with snow!!! that means lots to me cause it sure hot here, 39C already and climbing today!

Thank you so much Jackalgirl!!

And the goodies inside...

two cute keychains

two US Navy Ball coins (Misawa, Japan)

two pathtags, one is Jackalgirls' personal

Japanese money (nabbed by my kids)

'Loved this Cache' coin and Theotokos 'Peace Dove' suncatcher coin which I totally missed out on when it was for sale...

Hachinohe Horse figurine which reminds me of the Dala horse a lot!

and lastly...a beautiful picture of a mountain temple? with snow!!! that means lots to me cause it sure hot here, 39C already and climbing today!

Thank you so much Jackalgirl!!

Wheeeee! You got it in time! I am so happy -- and I'm so happy you enjoyed the gifts and that they buoyed your spirits (I am especially delighted that I managed to get you a cool coin that you did not already have)!

And boy am I glad I didn't send you chocolate! ; )

There are two pictures in the frame, btw; I couldn't decide which one to print, so I printed two. So if you get bored with the picture of the Shinto shrine, just open up the back and flip pictures. Or replace them both with any picture you like. Happy happy happy birthday, GG! : ) : ) : )

Edited to add: that other Pathtag is, well, my other Pathtag. It's a drawing I did of my daughter in a frog hat (complete with googly eyes) that her aunt crocheted for her. It's hard to read it, but it says "Look, Dad, I'm a frog LOL!!"

Edited by Jackalgirl

Joan (Maine Family)

Birthday Mission Email Sent: 12-27-2008

Birthday Mission Name Received: 1/10/2009

Birthday Mission Sent: Sent it 1/16.2009. It is going international so it will take a while.

Birthday Mission Received: Yes it arrived today and I didn't wait for my birthday. I am speechless with all the wonderful gifts. There was a little red mailbox which is so cute. Inside the mailbox was The 4 F's caching for the cure coin. I have always wanted this coin and it has been my hearts desire that someone would make them again because I wanted one so bad and now I have one. I also got the 4 F's 2006 coin, the 4 F's my hide is your find LP coin and pin . An Evil micro. I had none of these coins so am so happy to receive them. There was a bag with M and M's, a happy birthday ribbon, an auto visor clip with the Lord Bless You and keep you which is beside my don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly, a card and one that is going to get used a lot, great moms get promoted to Grandma photo album. She definitely knows me because I love showing off pictures of my grandson. Thank you, The 4 F's, so much for making my birthday so special. You really overwhelmed me. Here is a picture.

e15fd71f-0c08-466e-81ff-331d05261108.jpg

Mrs. GeoK is another participant for the March / April mission. Thanks to gardengorilla for coordinating.

Adult Mission

Email sent - about a week ago (didn't post 'cause I was waiting to see if oldest GeoKid also wanted to participate)

Name received

Mission sent

Mission received