BIRTHDAY MISSION 2009 ~ in smaller groups

Butterfly_lady

Child Mission : Preteenski

Birthday Mission Email Sent: 12-16-2008 Resent 22/12/09

Birthday Mission Name Received: yes

Birthday Mission Sent: 31/12/08

Birthday Mission Received: no

Mission sent but apparently won't leave the post office until Friday 2/1/09. Hopefully it will make it in time for Birthday celebrations

BL - any chance of an updated participant list?

Edited by skibumsuk

Teen Mission (Team Black-Cat (Dan))

Birthday Mission Email Sent - Yes

Birthday Mission Name Received - YES (12/22)

Birthday Mission Sent - no

Birthday Mission Received - no

Adult Mission (Team Black-Cat (Brian)

Birthday Mission Name Received - Yes (12/22)

Birthday Mission Sent - Yep! 1/6

Adult Mission : Pingos

Birthday Mission Email Sent: 12-16-2008

Birthday Mission Name Received: Yes

Birthday Mission Sent: no, but will send the package this weekend, have shopped this evening for the goodies...

Birthday Mission Received: YEP....I am very curious, but I will wait and open it on my birthday on 14 januari. :)

Child Mission : River TinkerBell

Birthday Mission Email Sent:Yes

Birthday Mission Name Received:Yes

Birthday Mission Sent:Not yet we still have time.

Birthday Mission Received:Yes 1-5-09 and she is exited.

We also did antother Birthday swap awhile back with croft house cachers and we recieved that present as well.

WOW, go away on vacation for a few days and people are sending out bday missions! ButterflyLady I emailed that I would like to participate....bday in Feb...but no corresponding address sent yet, I don't want to disappoint anyone. Recently I have been told some emails are not getting through...

Not sure if BL is back from her well deserved holiday yet???

Edited by skibumsuk

WOW, go away on vacation for a few days and people are sending out bday missions! ButterflyLady I emailed that I would like to participate....bday in Feb...but no corresponding address sent yet, I don't want to disappoint anyone. Recently I have been told some emails are not getting through...

Not sure if BL is back from her well deserved holiday yet???

holiday? deserved for sure!! :unsure:

Hi all,

I'm back from the Summer caching break - just getting my energy back...

Updated the Santa & Penguin Missions,

and will be moving onto this one next...

February (mid & late) missions will be going out soon.

Now a note - those sending in birthdates - write the month alphabetically.

ONLY in the US and US related nations do they put month first...

This is an international mission.

6/7 would read 6th July around most of the world.

But in the US you would have meant June 7th.....

So please SPELL out the month.

OK let me see if I completely understand this..... If I sign up in my quarter, I will be sending a package during my quarter as well as receiving a package. If I sign up early will I get an earlier quarter to send in or still my birthday quarter?

Okay - I never stated "quarter". That was last year's mission.

This mission is being run in two month blocks.

If you have a birthday in Jan or Feb, this is currently being run.

March / April - will be soon. We will be calling for sign ups for that period very soon.

May / June

July / August

Sept / Oct

Nov / Dec.

Plese don't send in your name months in advance...... as there are different volunteers co-ordinating each block. Your name / date may get lost if sent too early and to the wrong volunteer.

To keep the workload simple, and not add any complications - missions in and out during your birthday block only...... half-birthdays are discouraged. KISS principle applied, (Keep It Simple, Stupid) as ALL missions are major work for VOLUNTEERS.

Patience please.

Now - Due to the late start in December for this mission, and my absence, things are a little behind.

We will get there.

Please give me a couple more days to get back up to speed, so many hundreds of emails have arrived for all sorts of things while I've been away..... I am plodding my way through them one at a time....

Sparticus - your birthday mission should arrive soon - It is coming from within the US....

I have yet to check the posts, but I did get an email early clarifying things...

Soon - not to worry about your one....

May not have far to go...

Wow! I got my birthday mission on my B-day. How cool is that. We had a different mail person today and they accidentally delivered it to the neighbors. While I was out plowing all this snow we got, he came over and gave it to me. I knew what it was as soon as I saw it.

After I got done plowing the white fluffy stuff I came in to get warm and open my gift. Inside I found a very nice card that gave me a good laugh. And 3 little wrapped packages. The bigger one I opened first to find a green led cap light. Very neat and my favorite color too. Will come in very handy on those night caches and might even give it a go when I am out plowing again tonight on the four wheeler. The next 2 were coins. A very cute Wisconsin Geocaching cow and a MWGB 08 Parrot. All these came from Team Black-Cat.

Thank you so much for the great gifts on this wintery and very snowy birthday.

I will post pics when I find the camera again.

Emails sent today

I've been away too....

Just catching up with February missions now...

Hello Butterfly Lady,

I would like to participate:

Young Adult :rolleyes:Mission Queenie-Boo-Bay

Birthday Mission Email Sent - 12/11/08

Birthday Mission Name Received - NO

Birthday Mission Sent - NO

Birthday Mission Received - NO

This looks like great fun :blink: .

Young Adult <_<Mission Queenie-Boo-Bay

Birthday Mission Name Received - 1/10/09 Great participant for me, looking forward to finishing mission work. Have been preparing now can finalize.

Young Adult :rolleyes:Mission Queenie-Boo-Bay

Birthday Mission Name Received - 1/10/09 Great participant for me, looking forward to finishing mission work. Have been preparing now can finalize.

I am so pleased that recipient works well for you - a little different from any that you might have had before....

I will watch with interest.

This mission is being run in two month blocks.

If you have a birthday in Jan or Feb, this is currently being run.

March / April - will be soon. We will be calling for sign ups for that period very soon.

May / June

July / August

Sept / Oct

Nov / Dec.

Plese don't send in your name months in advance...... as there are different volunteers co-ordinating each block. Your name / date may get lost if sent too early and to the wrong volunteer.

I can't wait for March / April!

Can I participate for 2?? Or did I forgot to read something? :D

Teen Mission (Team Black-Cat (Dan))

Birthday Mission Name Received - YES (12/22)

Birthday Mission Sent - no

Birthday Mission Received - YES!

Adult Mission (Team Black-Cat (Brian)

Birthday Mission Name Received - Yes (12/22)

Birthday Mission Sent - Yep! 1/6

I can't wait for March / April!

Can I participate for 2?? Or did I forgot to read something? :D

Mmm - I don't know what others have done in the past birthday missions or what the other volunteers plan.....

Personally, I prefer One birthday mission per person, just due to the sheer numbers that this mission can grown into...

Trying to keep it simple for those who administer and watch it, keeping tabs on it all. The simpler, the better.

What I suggest is you keep your eye open all year for other missions that pop up.

I recall Valentines, Halloween, Chocolate missions.... and many others.

That's a way to increase mission participation. They all are deserving of participation.

Well my Birthday Mission was sent in time for some lucky Canadian persons birthday unfortunately the Canadian Postal Service had other ideas. Today I received the mission back - Return to Sender- Denied Admission into Canada.

I hadn't put my actual name on the parcel and even though my return address was clearly stated (obviously as I have the mission back) the mission was returned to me!!!!!

I have now put the parcel back in the post (with my name on the back) so hopefully it will get into Canada this time.

I have never had this problem before and can only appologies to my swapee - it is back on its way to Canada.

That said I'm quite impressed will the service from UK to Canada and back in 12 days not bad (just failed to get to the actual recipient)

Well my Birthday Mission was sent in time for some lucky Canadian persons birthday unfortunately the Canadian Postal Service had other ideas. Today I received the mission back - Return to Sender- Denied Admission into Canada.

I hadn't put my actual name on the parcel and even though my return address was clearly stated (obviously as I have the mission back) the mission was returned to me!!!!!

I have now put the parcel back in the post (with my name on the back) so hopefully it will get into Canada this time.

I have never had this problem before and can only appologies to my swapee - it is back on its way to Canada.

That said I'm quite impressed will the service from UK to Canada and back in 12 days not bad (just failed to get to the actual recipient)

Wow - that's a new one.

DENIED admission - maybe with the strike, they have a back log and just can't cope....

Any news on the postal strike?

Can anyone update us?

There are several Canadians in missions - their outgoing mission mail has been held up too!

Someone with storage facilities must be making money on this one!

Wow - that's a new one.

DENIED admission - maybe with the strike, they have a back log and just can't cope....

Any news on the postal strike?

Can anyone update us?

There are several Canadians in missions - their outgoing mission mail has been held up too!

Someone with storage facilities must be making money on this one!

The actual postal delivery workers are not on strike. It's support staff working inside who are on strike.

I haven't noticed any slowdown in receiving mail due to the strike.

All the best,

CanadaKate

After receiving my Birthday mission about a week ago I decided not to open it before my actual birthday.

It was a hard job to leave it alone, sometimes I shuffled the box and could hardly resist opening it.

Finally, yesterday was my birthday and I opened the box. WOW ! So many presents in this box from New Zealand.

I decided to unpack the presents one by one about each 15 minutes in order to benefit from this Big Surprise all evening.....

Well, it was really great ! A lovely Tui-bird with a sound-chip producing its beautiful genuine voice..... a New Zealand Kiwi geocoin, a Happy Birthday geocoin.....

Lots of cache-related pins, a Butterfly clip and pin, choclat (yummy), and yes even another geocoin !

And this all amidst lots of other goodies, balloons.... this sure was my most exciting Birthday present in many years !

Butterfly Lady: thanks very much indeed, really appreciate this wonderful surprise.

DSC00598.JPGDSC00604.JPG

Marjon

After receiving my Birthday mission about a week ago I decided not to open it before my actual birthday.

It was a hard job to leave it alone, sometimes I shuffled the box and could hardly resist opening it.

Finally, yesterday was my birthday and I opened the box. WOW ! So many presents in this box from New Zealand.

I decided to unpack the presents one by one about each 15 minutes in order to benefit from this Big Surprise all evening.....

Well, it was really great ! A lovely Tui-bird with a sound-chip producing its beautiful genuine voice..... a New Zealand Kiwi geocoin, a Happy Birthday geocoin.....

Lots of cache-related pins, a Butterfly clip and pin, choclat (yummy), and yes even another geocoin !

And this all amidst lots of other goodies, balloons.... this sure was my most exciting Birthday present in many years !

Butterfly Lady: thanks very much indeed, really appreciate this wonderful surprise.

DSC00598.JPG

DSC00604.JPG

Marjon

Marjon

All - the fun of putting a mission gift together!

I had lots of fun finding bird related items - The tui is a special song bird in NZ.

The Takahe on the note pad s an endangered bird - only 212 known birds (& I've seen about 10% of them)

Then the fun of getting all those little cards and personalising them with caching stuff.

Thanks for sharing.

Great receipents make a great mission!

Preteenski's birthday mission has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it is in a massive box

I am putting it away until his birthday in february but just wanted to let the sender know it was here.

Customs took a great interest in the parcel even opened it up and resealed it.

Thanks

will post again once he has opened it.

Almost forgot to update.

Adult Mission - if that is what you want to call me....lol

Birthday Mission Email Sent - 12-11-08

Birthday Mission Name Received - Yep. 12-22-08. Now for a little research

Birthday Mission Sent - Not yet. Have the coins in hand I want to send. Just need to get a box and a couple of other things to send along.

Birthday Mission Received - 1-10-09:right on my b-day.

Child mission HunnyBunny - Johanna

Birthday Mission Email Sent - YES

Birthday Mission Name Received -YES

Birthday Mission Sent - YES, dec 30

Birthday Mission Received - YES! jan 16

Thank you for holding this mission. I think I am a mission addict aswell. :)

Pictures will come.

Thank you very much, all very nice things.

grodan Karin

Child Mission : River TinkerBell

Birthday Mission Email Sent:Yes

Birthday Mission Name Received:Yes

Birthday Mission Sent:Not yet we still have time.

Birthday Mission Received:Yes 1-5-09 and she is exited.

We also did antother Birthday swap awhile back with croft house cachers and we recieved that present as well.

My daughter opend her packages yesterday first thing in the morning and she was the happiest girl ever.

I am so glad to be involved with Geocaching as it has brought so much happinies and adventure into me and my kids life.

A BIG Thanks goes out to Grodan & Fiabus for making her day so special.

She also recieved another B-Day Gift exchange that was from Croft house Cachers and she love all she got and i do not think she will go anywhere with out her new Disney purse.

She also got her very Special Travel bug TB1RMCH Of hers along with some nice Birthday items from TimberTrackers that almost got deleted out of GC.com due to a Duplicated set of tags being made by GC.com.

She also got the Duplicated set TB1RMCH sent home from a wonderfull cacher from Germany GeoFroschl with some other Birthday items.

Thanks Butterfly_lady and all of you for making River Tinkerbells 8th Birthday so special.

Edited by River Cacher

Birthday Mission Sent - Got everything I wanted to send. Going out 1-21-09. Hope it gets there before or right on the B-day.

Birthday Mission Sent - Got everything I wanted to send. Going out 1-21-09. Hope it gets there before or right on the B-day.

BTW - Mission receiver, there is candy in you package...good luck finding it amongst the other stuff. 4 Pieces each of 5 different kinds....20 total. Enjoy