Joke caches, as in intended to be funny.

So my friend my self and my kids were out cacheing and decided to hit this cache. so we get there and and right away i know where its at and my friend goes right to it as you can see a pile of sticks out of the ordinary. He starts moving the stcks and then gets all weird and starts moving "the cache" with a stick i guess he though it was a dead animal lol...i wont give the cache name up but i will post a pick.. i loved the cache it was a great idea and it gave me the idea to put the log book in one of those peanut cans that a snake jumps out at you.. lol

Geocaching005.jpg

if you cant tell the cache container is a fake animal like a beaver or something had a film container in it with log only but it was worth it.

The payback moment, though, is when a cacher posts a Needs Maintenance note, claiming that the one with the log is missing, and the cache owner gets to have the fun of verifying that claim!

Of course if the cache owner has any sense, they'll scribble all over the real one with an anti-theft pen and approach any maintenance visit with a blacklight in-hand ;)

The payback moment, though, is when a cacher posts a Needs Maintenance note, claiming that the one with the log is missing, and the cache owner gets to have the fun of verifying that claim!

Of course if the cache owner has any sense, they'll scribble all over the real one with an anti-theft pen and approach any maintenance visit with a blacklight in-hand ;)

My method will make a finder say "ARRRRG" once they find the real one.

I came upon a huge collection of newspaper machines. It was so huge a collection that I had to commemorate it with a cache. I put it in a tree that was just about in the middle of the collection. I described the collection and my desire to commemorate it with a cache. However, I never said the cache was under one of the machines. Nonetheless, many people made multiple visits so that they could look under each of the machines. One even used a lifeline and asked if it was under one of the machines to the left of the tree. I truthfully answered "no." He carefully examined every machine to the right of the tree before logging a DNF. BTW: this was located at muggle central.

Clever hides are great. If they are also humorous, that is even better. However, there is a fine line between clever and/or humorous on the one hand and tedious and lame on the other. A cache in a 35mm film can hidden in a pile of similar cans or a cache in a rock in a pile of rocks is tedious and lame. A cacher may get a momentary chuckle when he or she first sees it, but it quickly becomes lame. You know what it is, you know where it is, you know what you need to do to find it and you know it is just a matter of going through enough film cans or rocks. That is not a good hide, especially if there is nothing about the location to make it worth visiting.

After looking around for a few minutes for a micro I stumbled across a monster ammo can! Inside we found a large log book and a bunch of swag. Some of the logs were pretty funny to read. "I can't believe I dragged all of this #$%& out into the woods for this!" \\

Sounds like the run I did for our motorcycle club. Every week they put on a run of some sort with a game or whatnot that ended at a restaurant. The winner got put on the list for one of the future runs.

I told everyone my run was a scavenger hunt. I had three tubs with slips of paper listing items. each person drew a slip from each tub. The instructions said "Figure out where to find these items and then meet at XXX restaurant at 9 PM." The items ranged from a package of athletic socks to a horse shoe, condoms, dental floss, railroad spike, etc...

In no way or fashion did I ever say to get these items -- all I said was figure out where to find them. Probably 3/4 of the people got the items on their slips. One guy went to Wally World and bought a horseshoe toss game. So much for reading comprention.

I had one named Eve's Revenge that provided a few laughs for "most" of us. :P

The container was a 35mm case inserted into the bottom of a plastic apple. (Hence the name - Eve's Revenge! [;)]

BUT, it also had a nice surprize. The apple was hung from a low branch in the shrubs. When you bent over to retrieve it, you came nose to nose to the cache's hidden guardian - A black rubber snake!! [xx(]

:(:D:P

:):rolleyes: Hmmm... Maybe time for a v2.0 this coming Spring. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

D-man B)