Who gets the FTF?

crawil

My first EarthCache was published on Friday (woohoo!) but I have a bit of a quandary:

Cacher "A" emailed me the answers to the questions early this morning. (I suspect that he actually visited yesterday.) I replied to their email that their answers were correct and they could go ahead and post a log and claim FTF. He has not yet posted his log.

Cacher "B" emailed that he had visited today and he, too, had the correct answers. Immediately after sending the mail, he logged the cache claiming FTF rights.

So, my question is that since there is no physical log to see who's signature is on the top line, which cacher gets FTF bragging rights? The one that sent me the first email or the one that logged online first? :D

I'd say the cacher who logged the day before (9th) that followed the instructions and submitted the correct photo of himself is the FTF :D .

My first EarthCache was published on Friday (woohoo!) but I have a bit of a quandary:

Cacher "A" emailed me the answers to the questions early this morning. (I suspect that he actually visited yesterday.) I replied to their email that their answers were correct and they could go ahead and post a log and claim FTF. He has not yet posted his log.

Cacher "B" emailed that he had visited today and he, too, had the correct answers. Immediately after sending the mail, he logged the cache claiming FTF rights.

So, my question is that since there is no physical log to see who's signature is on the top line, which cacher gets FTF bragging rights? The one that sent me the first email or the one that logged online first? :rolleyes:

*I* know that it doesn't matter, but with a regular cache both pieces of information are public - anyone can check the paper log and anyone can see the online logs.

With an EarthCache, I hold one of the pieces of information, the date/time the email is sent - therefore I'm involved. I'll let cachers "A" and "B" work it out between themselves. Thanks for your feedback!

*I* know that it doesn't matter, but with a regular cache both pieces of information are public - anyone can check the paper log and anyone can see the online logs.

With an EarthCache, I hold one of the pieces of information, the date/time the email is sent - therefore I'm involved. I'll let cachers "A" and "B" work it out between themselves. Thanks for your feedback!

Wussing out? The first to send you the proper info is the FTF. If those are the requirements to log the find.

The meek might inherit the earth, but they'll never get the FTF.

Kinda think that FTF on virtuals should not exist. That said, if I cared about FTF on an Earthcache, I would think it would be who visited and completed it first. By completed, I mean whoever DID it and calculated/measured/read/tested -- whatever the requirements were. FTL is just that FTL. FTF may be on vacation and not able to log for a week. That does not seem fair to deny if (s)he did it in the morning, but the FTL did the requirements that evening.

I track on traditional caches, but would never even conisder it on one of these.

YMMV, but personally, I get a little annoyed with people who log virtuals or Earthcaches before the cache owner has verified their answers. So in this case, I would award FTF to the first person (who waited for the owner to respond before logging his find). But different owners have different preferences in this regard...

Patty