MioPocket Errors and Issues

TripTroupe

I am attempting to get Wherigo working with MioPocket (basically a very successful attempt to get PDA functionality on various GPS systems. Originally focused on Mio, but branched out to other brands as well. If this works, it should make Wherigo available to a wide range of users, and provide an inexpensive way to make Wherigo available.)

Installation appears to proceed OK, but get the following errors when I attempt to run:

First I get a GPS Device Start Failed error, with a generic description telling me to make sure bluetooth is paired (have a built-in GPS) and asking if I want to configure the device. When I hit "Yes", I get a new error:

The folder \My Documents\Groundspeak\Wherigo\Cartridges does not exist. I hit "OK" 11 times and then get the GPS Device Start Failed error again. Hitting "Yes" again, same GPS error pops up a few more times, then I get a new error:

Player.exe

Error

An Unexpected error has occurred in Player.exe. Details gives me

Error

Player.exe

Object Disposed Exception

at

Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr.......

(PAL_ERROR ar)

Looking around, it appears that the sample cartridge was located in \Storage Card\Groundspeak\Wherigo\Cartridges, and I can create My Documents in the root directory and copy things there. When I do this, I still get the same GPS Device Start Failed error, and selecting "yes" I can see signs of the Wherigo Tutorial (space ship icon and text) and the GPS device error pops up again. Selecting Yes again causes the player to flash a few times then gives me the same Player.exe error (PAL_ERROR ar).

Note: selecting "No" eventually leads to the same error.

This seems very close to working, but is not there yet. I will gladly volunteer my time to get this working if anyone can offer some suggestions.

I have tried this outside with a strong GPS signal showing in either the GPS software or BeeLineGPS, and then trying Wherigo, but with the same results.

Suggestions are welcome

You can set your GPS Configuration in the file

wigconfig.config

in the directory where player.exe is.

Maybe that helps.

<configuration>
 <appSettings>
<add key="AutoDetectGps" value="False" />
<add key="BaudRate" value="4800" />
<add key="Units" value="Metric" />
<add key="CartDirectory" value="\My Documents\Groundspeak\Wherigo\Cartridges" />
<add key="CommPort" value="COM4:" />
 </appSettings>
</configuration>

On which device are you working on and how did you manage the .NET-Framework-Installation?

I'm using MioPocket 2.0 R38 and try to install Wherigo-Player on a Magellan Triton 1500.

For now no success because of the Compact Framework-thing. <_<

Edited by Black-Jack-Team

I just received a Moov 300 as a gift this past weekend and put MioPocket on it yesterday.

I tinkered briefly with Wherigo last night, and didn't even get the install to go correctly, but I plan to tinker a bit more this weekend when I have the time.

I just wanted to add my voice to those interested in this. If I make any progress, I'll let everyone know.

wigconfig.config

Maybe that helps.

<configuration>
 <appSettings>
<add key="CartDirectory" value="\My Documents\Groundspeak\Wherigo\Cartridges" />
 </appSettings>
</configuration>

On which device are you working on and how did you manage the .NET-Framework-Installation?

I'm using MioPocket 2.0 R38 and try to install Wherigo-Player on a Magellan Triton 1500.

For now no success because of the Compact Framework-thing. :D

Those settings doe get me past the GPS error, but then I get an OutOfMemoryException

at

Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr etc. It scrolls off the screen at that point.

wigconfig.config

Maybe that helps.

<configuration>
 <appSettings>
 </appSettings>
</configuration>

For now no success because of the Compact Framework-thing. :)

Those settings doe get me past the GPS error, but then I get an OutOfMemoryException

at

Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr etc. It scrolls off the screen at that point.

I GET THE SAME ERROR : "OUT OF MEMORY EXCEPTION" !!!!

HELP : has anyone found a solution to have that SW work ? :)

i vaguely remember someone mentioning somewhere that this device is windows CE 5.0

in 5.0, there is a limit of 32MB per process.

it is quite likely that Wherigo Player can't fit into this

That would be me.

I'm still working on the issues, tho not very hard because I am writing a GSAK macro for Mio users.

I think it is a ram issue as I have heard of other people getting it to run on CE 5.0.

Set CE wallpaper to no wallpaper frees up 1 meg.

I haven't figured out how to get MP shell to close when using Wherigo, that will free 3 megs.

Honestly I would love it if I could have just a run box as my shell and be forced to manually start unessential services, but because I really cant be bothered to do it.

My Mio does sans Wherigo or OpenWIG does enough and I would rather spend my extra learning time on scripting for GSAK.

Here is the thread I started, it shows how far I got.

matejcik,

I'm having issues with OpenWIG.

I get a blank screen when I hit start, so I can't brows to a cart.

Sorry I didn't let you know about that in the other thread.

I'm having issues with OpenWIG.

I get a blank screen when I hit start, so I can't brows to a cart.

Sorry I didn't let you know about that in the other thread.

that means that your Java machine is not capable of accessing files.

you'll have to find a different one (check for JSR-75 in list of features)