Canadian Geocaching Events for 2009/2010

murfster

I’ve started this forum to consolidate two interesting discussions on future events. Hopefully this is allowed.

One discussion was about Mega events in Canada in the future ( Mega Events in Canada 2009 2010? ) and the other dealt with the GPS Maze coming to Canada. (My Good Laugh for Today )

I think it very useful as we start our planning for future travel. Given events can not show up on the GC calendar until 3 months before I find this may not be soon enough for some of us.

Here in BC - we are personally planning so far:

1. Fearcaching 101 to be held early March 09

2. Great Coal Rush (3 day caching event May long weekend anticipate about 200 people - 55 teams)

3. Geo ralley covering about 500 kilometer road trip at end of August

4. Mystery event around Halloween

And several others in the work through the BCGA to be determined shortly.

Not yet published, but in the works:

Maritime Mega 2010: Celebrating 10 years of caching in Canada

July 10, 2010

The venue is TBD, but will be in the vicinity of GCBBA - Canada's 1st geocache

Check out our Facebook group (just search on 'maritime mega')

:D Thanks! Great news.. I'll be there! :lol:

Murfster

Saturday, May 16, 2015 (Victoria Day Long Weekend)

Coal Shed Willie in Wiarton, Ontario.

I already have the cache page created.

I cannot find the page for this, would like more info.

Thanks

Probably want to check back here in 6 years (2015) :D

In the mean time I heard about this nifty event just east of Wiarton June 6 2009! - http://cogfling.ca

That should keep your event lust appeased until the Coal Shed Willie event (the most anticipated Geocaching event of the next decade!) comes!

Saturday, May 16, 2015 (Victoria Day Long Weekend)

Coal Shed Willie in Wiarton, Ontario.

I already have the cache page created.

I cannot find the page for this, would like more info.

Thanks

Hope they can accommodate enough cachers, if not people might have to eat out in the parking lot or on the dock, which might be nice with the great views. Still 6 years away, but I have it all planned out and it'll be my first pub event that I will be hosting.

Wiarton Willie may just make an appearance too...as a guest, not as a menu item.

To continue with my mountain top picnics, this year's will be on top of Maple Mountain on Saturday, September 5, 2009 (Labour Day weekend). So for you adventurous types or those that want an experience of a lifetime, mark that date on your calendar. Maple Mountain (N 47° 23.225 W 080° 20.097) is located in the Temagami area north-east of Sudbury and is the 18th highest mountain in Ontario at 642m. It won't be easy to get to and as with last year, people will be taking a number of different approaches\methods to get to the event.

I probably won't submit the event until July, but in the meantime if you are on Facebook you can join the group and get some ideas of what is involved in getting to the event. You might also want to start making some plans and reservations, especially if you plan on flying.

For an idea of last year's event, you can read all about it here and here.

BFL Boot Camp 4 is happening on October 3rd, in Halton Hills, Ontario. This is our annual night caching event, and we're already scheming up great ways to entertain you all - as long as you are willing to part with daylight.

The Official Web site is up and running, where you can find the latest information until the event is published.

BFL Boot Camp 4 - Official Website

BFL Boot Camp 4 is happening on October 3rd, in Halton Hills, Ontario. This is our annual night caching event, and we're already scheming up great ways to entertain you all - as long as you are willing to part with daylight.

The Official Web site is up and running, where you can find the latest information until the event is published.

BFL Boot Camp 4 - Official Website

Thanks for the info! I had wanted to go this past October and then could not... although now I don't remember why not :blink:

I have written it on my calendar and will keep the day free!!!!!