Better etrex receiver?

ubern000b

From the spec sheet, looks like they both use the same chipset for receiving, so besides the expandable memory of the Venture Cx, they are pretty much identical, it would seem.

eTrex C series specs:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/assets/pd...vistac_spec.pdf

eTrex x sereis specs:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/assets/pd...series_spec.pdf

Doesn't say exactly what chipset it is, but both are 12-channel WAAS-enabled, so I'm going to say that there is little to no difference between them in the receiver area.

From what I understand the H in HC or HCX Stands for High sensitvity reciever and the C stands for Color and the X is expandable

I own a legend HCX and A Venture HC

they repetedly bring me to the same GZ or very close.

With all that said In my opinion anything with a H in name will be the better handheld for in the woods.

From what I understand the H in HC or HCX Stands for High sensitvity reciever and the C stands for Color and the X is expandable

I own a legend HCX and A Venture HC

they repetedly bring me to the same GZ or very close.

With all that said In my opinion anything with a H in name will be the better handheld for in the woods.

I have a Legend C, and up until last week I've been pretty happy with it. Always get accuracy under 10 feet. I've had it for almost 2 years. All the sudden, the signal is jumping around everywhere. I'm trying a hard reset tonight, but I'm not sure if that will do it. One reason I wouldn't go with a Legend C if I were you is because it's now discontinued and they are not updating the firmware anymore. Unless you can get a super good deal on it, I'd look for a unit that Garmin still supports. I think I'll be upgrading to an Oregon when I get the money.

Edited by RifleMan81