iPhone 3G - Paperless Caching

Team 44

I currently use an iPaq for paperless caching and I'm happy with it. But now I have an iPhone and I think the "real time" cache APP is OK but lacks many features that would really take the APP over the top.

Is there any such program that is comparible to Cachemate for iPhone?? I really like the GSAK program that compliments Cachemate. Anyway the iPhone is by far my favorite device ever and would like some direction or input. Thanks

I haven't found anything for the iPhone yet that will take the place of CacheMate. But I'm also not actively looking.

My thoughts...Primary caching will always be with my 60Cx and my PDA with cachemate. If something pops up near me or I just missed loading something...and I can use the GC App for the iPhone to get it quickly and easily...then that's what I'll do.

I haven't seen an iPhone/Pod Touch app as inclusive as Cachemate BUT - you can cover much of the functionality using Groundspeak's app (Geocaching) for real time cache location, the iGeoCacher app for storing custom PQ's, and iGCT (Geocaching Toolkit) for projecting waypoints, decoding, and such.

I'm partial to iGeoCacher but Geocaching is REALLY handy when visiting a new area - no need to download PQ's, it pulls in the local caches live from geocaching.com. Get all three and you're spending a grand total of $25.

Now, if the author of Cachemate released an iPhone version - dadgum dayyum that would be golden. HTH.

Edited by team_goobie

I was on my friend EMC of Northridge's blog last night and she has about 8 real quick you tube videos showing two different IPhone Geocaching apps. They are not meant to be tutorials but you can see them in action as she goes for two different caches.

She may know a thing or two about caching being ranked 2nd in the world. :D

Here is the link to the post.

http://emcofnorthridge.wordpress.com/2008/...with-my-iphone/

-HHH

Since I got the geocaching app, I have used my trusty old Palm only once and that was a while ago.

I don't have an iPhone, but I have use Geocache Navigator for the BlackBerry and find myself using my Palm less and less. I still find the caches with my Garmin but use the BB to mark them found, look up cache info and things like that.

I still load my Palm because I sometimes have cache notes, corrected puzzle coords and things like that in it, but I use it less.