What is on your geocache todo list?

So we've got a recent thread about what types of caches geocachers ignore (and there are lots of other threads about certain types of caches that people don't like).

How about a thread (I'm sure I'm not the first to start one like this) of caches that are on our TODO lists.

I'm not talking about caches in exotic locations (unless you live in one) but just a short list of caches that you want to find in the near future. Here's mine:

Grand Daughters Delight - This one is one of the nearest caches to my home coordinates that I have not found (at 14.4 miles). It was placed in Sept last year and has only been found 5 times (no DNFs). It's about a 2.2 miles hike one way (with some steep grades) and a little over .1 of a mile bushwacking.

Knapp Time - The cache is a boat accessible only cache on the shore of one of the Finger Lakes. It can not be accessed by land as it's all private property around it. As far as I can tell, the closest spot to launch is just over 3 miles away. It was last found in August 2005 but confirmed by the owner in 2006 that it was still there. I almost went for it last summer but I spent too much time on some other nearby caches and when I arrived at the launch spot I calculated that I might not have enough light to reach the cache, find it, and return. It'll have to wait until next Spring (Summer more likely).

RIP Mr. DnD - The closest unfound cache from my home coordinates (14.1 miles). I DNFd on it on the day it was placed (would have easily had FTF on it if I had found it) and I haven't been back in the area since. There are two other newer caches in the area now. This'll probably be the next cache I look for.

Finally logging the 5/3 multicache (after 6 months of working on it). Then trying to beat the solutions out of the local, evil mystery caches!

I want to do these...

Squid Tree

How'd That Get There?

Ready! For Caching!

Top of the World

The Hundred Mile Cache

Gossip Rock

What a View Too

These make up kind of a 4-5 Mile Hike in Dry Creek/Pioneer Regional Park. I've did this hike many times pregeocaching; so I know the trails; just gotta grab the caches.

The only one I can think of right now that I'd really like to finish up is the 5 Kill Cache. My mom won the FTF head start on it at a geo Halloween party back in October and we wandered around in the dark for 2 hours thinking it was a 2-stage multi. Turns out it was 5 stages with over 4 miles of walking but we didn't know that because they just gave us the paper and said go. We gave up after getting partway to the 2nd stage. Would love to go back and finish that one up during daylight hours when the scary stories tucked inside the containers won't freak me out.

There's also a puzzle cache called Miss America that's been calling to me for a while now. Hoping to figure it out over the winter and snag it eventually.

Edited to add: That I'd like to cache in a 2nd state. I've cached in the US and Canada so I'd like to cache in another state now. And I need to hide my first cache. I have the general area in mind and the theme and container, just have to finalize the location and find the container online somewhere as it's kind of unique.

Edited by Buggheart

The TODO List for me usually involves working on some sort of challenge cache. The ones currently on top of the list are:

Well Rounded Maryland Cacher (The Fizzy Challenge) GC16QQZ (completed PA version where I live)

The Maryland All Counties Challenge GC13ER9 (completed PA version)

Tour de Cache - NJ County Challenge GCXQ4H

Your Very Grave Challenge #2 GC1JC44

Cache Across America - GC12E08 (gathering these states as I go)

We wanted to get to Back In Time GCH3TH Virtual before winter set in but have missed out unless we get a warm streak. Since viewing this pic I can't stop thinking about getting up there. Around 4000 feet right on the Virginia/West Virginia Line off Rte 33.

HighKnobTower.jpg

CRAP! My list is one longer now, thanks! :D

Don't forget the two benchmarks at that location!

Very cool of you! I have been looking at the maps around the location and this is a definite roadtrip target cache. You gotta have something to aim for.

I have a "To do" bookmark list that I keep private. Here is a sneak peek at some of the entries:

The Great 88 Counties of Ohio Challenge -- I'm about 2/3 finished with this. It will take about 3 more roadtrips for me to become the first out-of-state finder of this challenge cache.

Circle of Sky - A rarely found "hike up the mountain for the view" cache, placed by a hider who always provides a good caching adventure.

Hell's Run Cache - a 4/5 cache in a state park north of me, needed for my Fizzy Challenge grid.

Formerly the Fairgrounds Cache - I'm on record as disliking puzzles, but while scouting caches in the Cincinnati area, I stumbled across this Bible puzzle and solved it instantly! Now I just need to get over that way again.

Scripture Rocks - A motivated hermit spends years chiseling Bible verses onto boulders in Northwest PA. I just gotta see that!

I'd like to get back to try Holey Wall in Vegas again! The first time out, I DNF'd after spending a long time trying to find the right location. I was only off by 500'...straight up!

I'd also like to tackle Bridge Mountain and Mt Wilson, but would have to recruit help as I'm not going up those alone! Climbed both mountains before, but that was before I cached!!

We wanted to get to Back In Time GCH3TH Virtual before winter set in but have missed out unless we get a warm streak. Since viewing this pic I can't stop thinking about getting up there. Around 4000 feet right on the Virginia/West Virginia Line off Rte 33.

HighKnobTower.jpg

CRAP! My list is one longer now, thanks! :D

Very cool of you! I have been looking at the maps around the location and this is a definite roadtrip target cache. You gotta have something to aim for.

There are 2 traditionals in the same area as well. 5 for the price of 1!! :D

Any cache I haven't found is on my to-do list!

What I really want "to-do" is start learning how to solve some puzzles. I am really bad at these, and I really want to get better at them.

For the most part right now, I just sit and stare.... I dunno, maybe they just aren't my cup of tea ...

I still have not done a night cache!

Or a halloween spookie one!

Never done a prize cache where you win something like a nice coupon for dinner or something like that.

I would like to see a cache placed in such a beautifull place that you must post a pretty

Picture to log a find.

How about a dirty bathroom cache - see if anyone goes. You would have to send pictures of an areas dirty public bathrooms to the health department to earn a log. I might start a thread on that!

Edited by GPS-Hermit

HighKnobTower.jpg

CRAP! My list is one longer now, thanks! ;)

There are 2 traditionals in the same area as well. 5 for the price of 1!! :santa:

I saw those. This would be well worth the trip just for the location of the virt, but 3 smilies and 2 BM's sweetens the pot!

HighKnobTower.jpg

You can bet if there was a lookout tower that beautiful within 150 miles of home, I'd put on the snowshoes and take a winter photo. As for the 4000 foot thing--I live at 4400 feet and my highest fire tower cache is Odell 7007. It is at an elevation of 7007 feet above sea level and the first cacher to complete the Oregon Fire Lookout challenge found it when there was ice all around it.

My long term "to do" list includes completing the "fizzy" challenge. Only 20 more D/T combos to go.

Tom Fuller

Crescent, Oregon

I've always got three or four geocaching "projects" in the back of my mind. Right now they consist of trips to Omaha, Mingo, and finishing a couple of power trails in NE Nebraska. Those don't sound real exciting, I know, but when you're from rural Nebraska every trip is a trip to the big city.

I need to find the oldest cache in my state. Beverly is only 1.5 hours away, with, of course, many other nearby caches to grab.

The other one I think about A LOT is the one featured in Groundspeak's blog a while ago: A Real Challenge, which has 209 DNFs and one Found It. It's also about a 1.5 hour drive...but I need to convince a friend to go with me for that one, because I'm sure teamwork is a must. It's hard to get up the enthusiasm to drive that far for what I'm sure will be another DNF, though...

There's also a series of caches along the river nearby--all meant to be done on a canoe. Maybe over the summer...

Working on the Fizzy and Jasmer Challenges. I don't know about those 5 terrains on the Fizzy Challenge... But I only need four months on the Jasmer Challenge. Vacation trip coming up to The Spot and State Game Lands #109! That would leave me with two months to go. And, of course, we can color in several more PA & NY counties!