Some more stats: cache type

besem

I noticed that for most cachers, traditionals make up the dominating chunk of their finds. It seems that the worldwide average is aroud 80%, and 6% for Multis and Unknowns (if the data on itsnotaboutthenumbers are to be believed).

So I was wondering what ranges of these percentages are, amongst cachers. How low does the traditionals percentage go, and correspondingly, what are the high ranges for multi and unknown caches? With the requirement of at least 50 finds.

My personal stats at the moment are

Traditionals: 62.0%

Multis: 21.6%

Unknown: 15.4%

The main reason for the high Multi & Unknown ratios, is that these types of caches seem to be very popular in the Netherlands, where I've been caching for the past two months. They have some awesome Multis out here, and more than a handful of some really nasty puzzles! :rolleyes: Nasty multis too... there's this one that takes you on a 40km round trip - by bicycle. I'll leave that one for when all the shorter multis and doable puzzles are all gone... which will be soon... muhahahaha. q:

Our stats are:

Traditional 82.8 %

Multi 5.2 %

Event 4.4 %

Mystery 4.4 %

Earth 2.8 %

Virtual 0.4 %

Mostly the reason is the phone I had, had GPS Tuner for Smartphone on it, and one could only load GPX and LOC files on it. There was no way to enter waypoints manually. So While caching for the 1st year with the phone we could almost never do multies, nor do puzzle caches. And at the time almost got to dislike them. Now that I have a better phone, and the better PPC version of the software, I am doing more and more of them.

I thought I would find out what the find ratios were for all the SA caches, active, disabled and archived - you can then see how you compare to the national average!

Here they are:

Traditional cache - 84.72%

Multicache - 7.85%

Unknown cache - 4.20%

Event cache - 1.24%

Virtual cache - 1.22%

Earthcache - 0.61%

Cache In Trash Out Event - 0.10%

Letterbox Hybrid - 0.06%

Wherigo Cache - 0.01%

Well, well, what an honour to be the first on the thread with more multi's than tradi's :-)

Traditional Caches * 469 33.38

Multi-caches * 494 35.16

Virtual Caches * 17 1.21

Letterbox Hybrids * 6 0.43

Event Caches * 20 1.42

Unknown Caches * 375 26.69

Webcam Caches * 4 0.28

Locationless * 2 0.14

cito Events * 1 0.07

Earthcaches * 14 1

Mega-Event * 3 0.21

Well, I just noticed this was in the South Africa forum :-) I only saw you starting the topic and mentioning the Netherlands. Need I say more? :-)

If I look at some stats from a website I'm building, I guess this is very easily explained:

for South-Africa:

* 1395 caches of type Traditional Cache

* 129 caches of type Multi-cache

* 111 caches of type Unknown Cache

* 18 caches of type Earthcache

* 1 caches of type Letterbox Hybrid

* 1 caches of type Event Cache

* 1 caches of type Virtual Cache

for Netherlands:

* 2136 caches of type Traditional Cache

* 2493 caches of type Multi-cache

* 1889 caches of type Unknown Cache

* 123 caches of type Earthcache

* 23 caches of type Letterbox Hybrid

* 11 caches of type Wherigo Cache

* 11 caches of type Event Cache

* 1 caches of type Cache In Trash Out Event

* 11 caches of type Webcam Cache

* 49 caches of type Virtual Cache

(these numbers are not complete, since I have only 300000 caches in the database, and South Africa is far from complete)

Edited by Xaa