COINTEST: Design my new avatar!

Rockin Roddy

That's right, I am hosting yet another cointest (big surprise isn't it???)! This time around, I am looking for the artists out there to lend their expertise to designing me a new avatar. For this mission, I am seeking out someone who can put to paper (or pixel as might be the case here??) what I would like for my new Todie's Wild Ride avatar to be!

I'm leaving the whole thing WIDE OPEN, as artists, you should be able to "read my mind" and come up with the concept which would best depict my feelings for the Todie's Wild Ride effort (I say this tongue in cheek, but it's fairly true, I want to see your renditions of what YOU think a Todie's Wild Ride avatar should be). Anyone wanting to "pick my brain" can email me for ideas, but I want to see what you would come up with (and I'm horrid as an artist lol).

RULES:

You can submit as many ideas as you wish, just please post them in seperate posts for easier viewing and decision making by me! It MUST be an avatar usuable here and possibly on other forums such as the MiGO forums. You MUST be willing to allow me use of this avatar!

Avatar must showcase the Todie's Wild Ride effort sooo many are involved in here, if you need help, you can email me or read a bit of the Todie's Wild Ride thread for hints and direction!!

Most of all, HAVE FUN!!

PRIZE:

Winner will have a choice between one of the last Geocacher's Road Atlas coins I have OR can opt to wait for the NEW COIN being designed right now for me! I cannot promise WHEN this new design will be out, but I can promise it'll be right in line with the Todie's Wild Ride effort!!

I'd really like to change my avatar to both honor Tod and to raise awareness for bikes, so here's your chance to help out an artless slob while working to win a nice coin!!

THANKS and GOOD LUCK!!

Well... I am not good in designs, but I would like to see the biker wearing all the things that can protect him, like helmet, leather jackets.... you know!!! A Harley for a bike, would be great too! :rolleyes:

As a fond, You can put the Earth and a compass (earth in the center), or a traffic sign.... :rolleyes:

I've always thought that one main purpose of the avatar is to make it easy to spot a person's posts as you quickly scroll down the page. That's something to keep in mind, that it should have a design that can be recognized instantly at the shortest glimpse

Absolutely! I think it needs to be INSTANTLY recognized and easily picked out from the others!

And, I agree with Gatoulis, if you're ptting a biker on the bike, PLEASE make sure he's wearing all proper protection (gloves, helmet, glasses, leather jacket and pants etc).

BrierPatch, I like this, good start!

Remember the reason behind the Todie's Wild Ride effort, safety safety safety!

Can't wait to see more!!

These are the same thing, just with text: todiesWR1.jpg and without: todiesWR2.jpg

SM PM'd me apologizing for not using the protective gear...no need to apologize, my friend!! I think it helped more than it hurt, am glad you changed it though!! THANKS for the participation!!

Keep those entries coming. One thing I want to point out is that I think the avatar should JUMP OUT from the page at you (in other words, you should be drawn to it above all the other avatars displayed on the page). I was also thinking more color along the lines of the bike awareness coins WSR has coming out...but am wide open to ALL ideas and my tastes could change if shown the right idea!!

Remember you can email me if you want to, I will be happy to bounce ideas around!

I've always thought that one main purpose of the avatar is to make it easy to spot a person's posts as you quickly scroll down the page. That's something to keep in mind, that it should have a design that can be recognized instantly at the shortest glimpse

Absolutely! I think it needs to be INSTANTLY recognized and easily picked out from the others!

And, I agree with Gatoulis, if you're ptting a biker on the bike, PLEASE make sure he's wearing all proper protection (gloves, helmet, glasses, leather jacket and pants etc).

Can't wait to see more!!

Pants? Pants?!? What fun is it to ride a motorcycle if you have to wear pants?!?Come on, someone post an idea of a Biker with no pants...

Can't wait to see more!!

Pants? Pants?!? What fun is it to ride a motorcycle if you have to wear pants?!?Come on, someone post an idea of a Biker with no pants...

Well I may not always wear pants but chaps are certainlty on for protection.

Sorry, but I'm just imagining someone riding a bike in a skirt and chaps.... :D

I guess, when you say pants you mean leather trousers? Not Jeans or so?

I like this one very much:

I have leather overpants which really come in handy if the weather turns bad or it gets cold out! I also wear them when on my way to or from work when I'm usually wearing shorts underneath!

I did actually wear a long dress once on a bike. My boyfriend's brother had a biker wedding and the bride rode on the back of the bike in her long white wedding gown!! The motorcade of bikes was quite a sight to see!!

Ummm I could do an avatar of someone riding without any pants but I'm sure that I couldn't post it here! :D :D

I was on a long phone conversation and decided to play on my computer while I listened. I had answered an email from Rockin Roddy earlier and signed the email with this:

"<o<o | o>o>

That's me looking both ways. "

So, while playing with the paint program on the computer, I made you this, then realized it looked very familiar. So I searched, and it turns out it is a lot like Write Shop Robert's in this post, but I was aiming for a road sign look and wanted to incorporate exclamation points, and a biker:

1695ce11-afe4-4e22-bfc6-8c5e9aadff08.jpg

<This is not a cointest entry, I just wanted to keep my hands busy>

I was on a long phone conversation and decided to play on my computer while I listened. I had answered an email from Rockin Roddy earlier and signed the email with this:

"<o<o | o>o>

That's me looking both ways. "

Eartha ended the email with this and it really brought a smile to my tired old face!! THANKS Eartha!! And your avatar idea is a good one as well, THANKS for this too!!

I like this one very much:

I have leather overpants which really come in handy if the weather turns bad or it gets cold out! I also wear them when on my way to or from work when I'm usually wearing shorts underneath!

I like this design but can I see the same but as a fond to have a triangle trafic sign with red and yellow.... you know!! I think this is the warning signs, am I correct? the bike can be biger that the sign, with the wheels out of the sign, or inside the sign, by making the sign big!

That is just a thought!!! hmm.. am I qualified for the cointest just with my ideas?

I am not a good designer, I do not know how to do things like that, so...

First, I would like to THANK everyone for their time invested and for the great ideas! Some really good designs, this was a toughie, BUT, THIS ONE best captures the idea behind the Todie's Wild Ride!

Surteb, please shoot me your email and I'll also need to pick your brain a bit on how to change the icon over to this one!! Can I simply save this image and then load it as my avatar...I'll try and see!!

WELL DONE ALL, THANKS!! and CONGRATS Surteb, your AS Geocacher's Road Atlas will be on it's way soon!!