a "Kitchen Pass"

meralgia

Many cachers I've run into claim that they got a "Kitchen Pass" to go out caching. Who coined the term, and what exactly does it mean? That you did enough dishes to be "allowed" to play?

According to urban dictionary (the best source for slang terms): http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...=kitchen%20pass

kitchen pass

Getting permission from your wife/girlfriend to go out.

"Hey man, did you get a kitchen pass for Friday? "

According to http://www.wordspy.com/words/kitchenpass.asp , the term has been in use since the 1970s at least.

Well I've been a Chef for a long time and never have heard of the phrase Kitchen Pass. So this sounds like something that I need to do some research on.

But here is a cute story or so I think. After I got married way way back in the 70's I fixed an elegant Thanksgiving Dinner for my Bride. Well being a chef if made this dish, that dish, this sauce, etc. etc.

And I was informed that I made a mess out of her KITCHEN. So since then I've stayed out of HER KITCHEN, and she can bring me a cold one to my Chair, less I mess up her Kitchen.

So I guess I was given a Kiitchen Pass.

I would have thought a kitchen pass was when you have done enough work in the kitchen (around the house) to be allowed to spend time out geocaching with out being nagged at when you got home for being away too long cause the taps still dripping or the lawn still hasn't been mowed sort of thing.

no, that would be a Honey-do pass...completely different and / or the same. :rolleyes: