2008 Alaska Coinaments

Ladybug Kids

GeocacheAlaska! presents the 2008 Alaska Coinaments. These geocaching.com trackable geocoins were minted for us in Anchorage, Alaska, at the Alaska Mint.

84dfe7c9-4178-48fd-963a-68a819596915.jpgde4a3164-278b-4367-b326-2eec28ec843d.jpg

2008 Bronze Coinament (200 minted)

$13.25 each - US

$14.50 each - international

45918cc4-3542-4384-9c67-9dc0b89a511a.jpg245f2f83-5bc1-46d4-80b6-bcdb9b0a9f44.jpg

2008 one-ounce 0.999 Fine Silver Coinament (50 minted)

$39.50 each - US

$41.50 each - international

39db159e-41f4-4e09-9776-721800de8633.jpgee07ea6b-2959-4117-957f-1969b17272b6.jpg

2008 one-ounce 0.999 Fine Silver w/ Gold Relief Coinament (50 minted)

$59.50 each - US

$61.50 each - international

All coins are packaged with a red or green border in an airtight "coinament" capsule and placed in a decorative box suitable for gifting and/or displaying the coin.

The coins will have a custom icon: 8e67c2d1-a121-45ba-953a-b77b7a44b080.jpg

The "dark" areas of the coins are actually a shiny mirror-like base metal typical of a proof quality coin. The dark is the reflection of the ceiling which I figured was better than the reflection off the camera itself.

The presale period for Alaskans and members of the GeocacheAlaska! forums closed at midnight on December 5 and about half of the mintage of each version of the coin is still available. Orders will be processed in the order they are received until the coins sell out.

For more information about the coins or to order yours, please visit the GeocacheAlaska! geocoin webpage.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

resisting resisting resisting. mantra, do i need this - no. do i need this - no. do i need this - no.

aarrgghhhhh

rsg

I hear you on this....I haven't been buy many coins, but my dad collects silver coins and I gave him the two-tone I bought earlier this year. Now, I really want to get him this one for Christmas...might just have to take the plunge. Knowing the smile it'll bring to his face will make it easier for me...

Edited by Rockin Roddy

You all certainly know how to make a tired guy smile! Thanks!

I just got back from being away from the computer for awhile to see the Alaska Cache 'n' Dash team (from Washington) off to the airport and to go skijoring with our dogs. I think I've responded to all e-mail questions and PMs that came in during that blackout period, but if you wrote me and haven't heard back, please ping me again.

As of 1700 this evening (25 minutes ago), the inventory is down to seven gold relief, six silver, and 61 bronze.

Many thanks to all who have supported this project!

You all certainly know how to make a tired guy smile! Thanks!

I just got back from being away from the computer for awhile to see the Alaska Cache 'n' Dash team (from Washington) off to the airport and to go skijoring with our dogs. I think I've responded to all e-mail questions and PMs that came in during that blackout period, but if you wrote me and haven't heard back, please ping me again.

As of 1700 this evening (25 minutes ago), the inventory is down to seven gold relief, six silver, and 61 bronze.

Many thanks to all who have supported this project!

Guess I got home just in time!

order is in

Howdy, all...

My husband and I spent most of yesterday at the emergency vet with Nutmeg, my avatar kitty. Looks like she has a "fatty liver" and is still in ICU today. Bottom line is that I missed the sale. Is there anybody out there who bought an extra silver Alaska coinament and would sell or trade it to me? I would be forever grateful.......

Chrisgun

FYI...due to holding the icon selection poll open in the GeocacheAlaska! forum thread until last Friday night, cachers who activate their coins this weekend will see the "generic" icon 23.gif.

I submitted the winning icon to Groundspeak and it should be uploaded during the week of December 7. Once uploaded, you'll see the proper icon.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

All orders received so far are packaged and ready to go out in Monday's mail.

There are 33 bronze and one gold relief coinament left. Who is going to snap up the last premium coin?

Packaging note: I came up short one silver coinament at the end of the envelope stuffing effort. I either sold one more silver coin at last Friday's Anchorage geofest that I thought I did or some lucky cacher is going to get an unexpected surprise with their order. If you receive a silver coinament that you didn't order, please contact me so the next person down the waiting list can purchase it. I'll ship that honest cacher a complementary bronze coinament. In advance, thanks for your help!

There are 33 bronze and one gold relief coinament left. Who is going to snap up the last premium coin?

Packaging note: I came up short one silver coinament at the end of the envelope stuffing effort. I either sold one more silver coin at last Friday's Anchorage geofest that I thought I did or some lucky cacher is going to get an unexpected surprise with their order. If you receive a silver coinament that you didn't order, please contact me so the next person down the waiting list can purchase it. I'll ship that honest cacher a complementary bronze coinament. In advance, thanks for your help!

boy, i had it in my cart and was ready to do it and then remembered the funny noises walter the car is making and just had to "say no."

rsg

The last gold relief coinament was just snapped up along with a bronze coinament, leaving 32 bronze coinaments as the last ones available for this edition of Alaska geocoins.

I can safely assume that my order just went through then. :rolleyes:

mm

Yup...though if you'd really bought it at 11:15 AM Monday, you'd have been a day late (noting the forum time quantum shift between Alaska and Australia which is five hours earlier, tomorrow :rolleyes: )

By request from a few people, here is a larger size version of the 2008 Alaska Coinament icon created by Anchorage, Alaska, geocacher evansalaska:

c6999795-09b2-4b93-97fd-12891288da1e.jpg

Happy Holidays!!!

Orders received after 1700 AST today will ship on Wednesday or Thursday since I'm going on a two-day business trip in the morning. That should still get orders to people in time for Christmas.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

The last gold relief coinament was just snapped up along with a bronze coinament, leaving 32 bronze coinaments as the last ones available for this edition of Alaska geocoins.

I can safely assume that my order just went through then. :rolleyes:

mm

Yup...though if you'd really bought it at 11:15 AM Monday, you'd have been a day late (noting the forum time quantum shift between Alaska and Australia which is five hours earlier, tomorrow :rolleyes: )

:lol: want to know the lotto numbers. :lol:

Thanks for the coins....and no thanks to the guys who set the exchange rate. :lol:

mm

Thanks for the coins....and no thanks to the guys who set the exchange rate. :D

mm

Ditto.. The exchange rate spiking to 1.3, and the delay inherent in credit card transactions, means that I'm sliding into red bookkeeping for the time being. Wouldn't skip this coin in a hundred, though.. it's everything else that has to make way.

Edited by Zarya.

Well...that was the plan. All domestic orders received as of 1700 AST Sunday went into today's mail since I could post them myself. The international orders didn't make it out because I had a plane to catch and the post office line stretched longer than I knew I could get through in the time alloted. I will get them mailed Tuesday night (the ANC post office is open until midnight) when I return to Anchorage from the business trip I'm currently on. I apologize for the delay.

All other orders since 1700 Sunday will ship on Wednesday after I get them packaged Tuesday night.

There are about twenty bronze coinaments left.

All the international orders received through Sunday went out tonight after I got home three hours late due to a late flight. It's snowing hard, so I'll be plowing snow early in the morning before work which will slip packaging any orders received since Sunday until Wednesday night, meaning they'll ship on Thursday. In advance, thanks for your understanding!

There are ten bronze coinaments left.

Edited by Ladybug Kids