disclaimer on pages for members..

mchaos

This really isn't a big deal, but it draws my attention and it just makes me feel like I need to do something or forgetting to do something or something is wrong.

I understand the need for the disclaimer and I am not saying it shouldn't be on every cache page. it should. I was just thinking, could it be removed from the view of premium members? we obviously agree to it when we purchase a membership.

It could also be something else you get when you purchase membership.

I know this prolly will not happen. Just a thought/suggestion.

This really isn't a big deal, but it draws my attention and it just makes me feel like I need to do something or forgetting to do something or something is wrong.

You'll get used to it. Pretty soon you won't even notice it is there.

I agree with the others, it should remain there for all users.

I once set up a privoxy filter to remove it- not because I got tired of it, but to save space on the cache page. Same thing with "Warning. Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links." and the little note about cache log counts. But even when it's there I don't notice it anymore. I think you could do the same in Greasemonkey for Firefox.

I'd like for the disclaimer to protect the cache placer and not just this listing company.

It does neither here in continental legal systems.

Still worse, disclaimer usually increase the probability and/or portion of the liability of those who use them. This situation is still aggravated by the fact that we're talking about a B2C relation (Groundspeak Inc. on the one hand and cache seekers/hiders on the other...).

Besides that, many foreign users don't even understand a bit of these legal texts... :laughing: