Paperless?

I know nothing about palm pilots or what ever, but i just got a gpsr and would like to go paperless with the help of a device such as a palm pilot. I just want something to keep all the cache info on can some one point me in the right way?

A used M500 is pretty cheap on e-bay. There are a couple buy now stores. Of course this is pretty useless without a premium membership and something to process the PQ's like GSAK. Cachemate on the palm will round it out. Some like the spinner/plucker route, but I like cachemate because I can log in the field and then with GSAK it is a click-click when I get home to log. Some say the color screen is the way to go. I don't like color screens because they are really hard to read out in the sun. The b/w screens don't have this problem, but they do suck a bit in very low light.

Jim

Yup, that Z22 will work just fine. But if that's all you need the Palm for, it's probably overkill. I use an old M125 and it works great. It has just 8mb of memory, has a B/W screen, and works just as good as newer Palm models. Nice thing about the M125, it uses AAA batteries, versus a proprietary rechargeable Lion battery. M125s can be found on Ebay for $25 occasionally. You can also add more memory to the M125 with an SD chip. I'm running about 2000 caches in Cachemate and it only uses 2.5mb of the 8mb available. Exactly what I need for paperless caching.

I use my iphone. Its quite easy actually, go into the maps application and type in the GPS coordinates, then bookmark it under the name. This can be helpful when you have multiple caches that your looking for. With the new geocaching application it makes it all very easy. The application is glitchy and slow and is still in the process of being made so it is not worth the $9.99 i paid for but they are working on improving it.

I've bought several Palm units off ebay (for me, friends, etc.) I have one I use & one buried in my backpack as a back-up. I'm sticking to Palm IIIxe - cheap, won't break my heart if I drop it & bust it. When I was hunting for them on ebay, I made sure that my bid AND shipping didn't top $20. I've loaded info for over 1300 caches into it & still haven't run out of memory.

I dump info into it via GSAK & cachemate. These two programs are some of the best money I've ever spent on anything for caching!!

Edited by Lizzy