Santa Wants To Know...

Headhardhat

So the real Santa Clause walks up to you, because you have been oh so good this year and asks what geocaching thing-a-ma-jig you want for the holidays. What would it be?

Trying to build a Top Ten List of Geocachers wishes.

-HHH :laughing:

DeLorme PN-40

A Bucket o' Geocoins!

New waterproof gear so I stop breaking all my stuff in the rain :D

A new digital camera to take photos of all the interesting places the caches lead us to.

Our current camera was accidently shut in the rear door of our Jeep while being in a hurry during geocaching & it cracked the lcd screen. Thank goodness it is still useable, but you have to peek through the tiny viewfinder. :D

I have my Garmin Map 60CSx, my IPhone & PDA combo, GSAK, Cachemate, Premium Membership, Laptop, small carrying case with all items I need for on the road caching, Four (4) Travel Bugs-2 in Canada, 1 in France and 1 in the USA, Small digital camera I use for caching only, Small flashlight that I carry in my pocket, black and red pens that I carry on a lanyard around my neck, A small spiral note book for logging finds and logging hides, A belt clip for my GPSr, A photograph's vest for wearing during caching (it has so many pockets), so I can't, at this time, think of any thing else I need for caching, except for someone to push me out the door with my GPSr loaded with caches for a "cache run" to that place were caches are just every where to be found. Happy caching and Happy Holidays. I hope what you want will be under the Christmas Tree. WT73

Since we're talking about Santa here, and not anyone who would actually get me something:

1. A Colorado 400t with Canadian Topo Maps for all five members of our family team.

2. a Hum-vee that can seat all of us comfortably for those off road caches

3. A open acount at the gas station!

Now what do I actually think I'll get? A couple of geocoins, and I'll be happy with it!

Edited by doingitoldschool
Santa Baby, slip a sable under the tree,

For me.

been an awful good girl, Santa baby,

so hurry down the chimney tonight.

Santa baby, a 54 convertible too,

Light blue.

I'll wait up for you dear,

Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight.

Gotta love Eartha Kitt. She knew what Christmas was all about...

I want a Palm Pilot so I can go paperless!

Edited by Harry Dolphin

1. Lenastic Compass, Tritium Dial $74.95
  2. Yukon Night Vision Monocular $1,630.00
  3. Sokkia GIR1450 L1 DGPS System $7,295.00
  4. A magic bag that always has another MRE in it.
  5. 4 government extreme cold mummy bags
  6. 20 or so square miles of private property with natural fire brakes and burn permits to turn into and name Goecache Nirvana.
  7. For the carnivorous plant population to be what it was pre human
  8. Same for amphibians. Geocaching is how I got my 2nd pet toad and they multiplied.

I don't need the other two, that would just be greedy. :laughing:

6. 20 or so square miles of private property with natural fire brakes and burn permits to turn into and name Goecache Nirvana.
  8. Same for amphibians. Geocaching is how I got my 2nd pet toad and they multiplied.

I don't need the other two, that would just be greedy. :D

I hear the US Marine Corps will give you everything on your list. :laughing:

I don't need the other two, that would just be greedy. <_<

I hear the US Marine Corps will give you everything on your list. :D

Maybe, but they wont give me batteries. :laughing:

~~~EDIT~~~

Oh and enough MREs.

Edited by Vater_Araignee

I don't need the other two, that would just be greedy. :D

I hear the US Marine Corps will give you everything on your list. :laughing:

i want 10 ammo cans

and 20 geocoins

and 2 lock n lock sets

Santa, please bring geocaching to a little girl who has never left the glow of the flat screen TV to experience the joy of walking through the woods after a fresh snowfall.

Santa, please bring geocaching to a bored couple who rarely look up from their iPods and laptops to talk with one another.

Santa, please bring geocaching to an overweight, overstressed middle manager who needs something to keep from going crazy.

Santa, please bring geocaching to someone looking for a healthy excuse to keep them on the path to recovering from an addiction.

For myself, I ask nothing. Knowing that these things will happen shall bring me great happiness.

Last year, I got a brand spanky NEW cachin' buddy and a Garmin 60CSX. :laughing:

503cb793-5ca2-4f4d-8956-3f0a74c14194.jpg

The cachin' buddy won't be ripe for another few months to a year, but the 60CSX is just fine.

He is already hiding his toys, which is a very good sign he is not going to be cachin' handicapped since his mama is nearly 100% muggle.

THIS YEAR, I need a new one of these:

2007_Nissan_Xterra_ext_3.jpg

Since the old one bit the dust a month ago when some beeyotch nice lady ran a red light while I was on the way to host my semi-regular Monday night event.

94602316-b275-4950-9994-7ef05d8204ac.jpg

Alas, it's not in the cards. I'm sure santa will be bringing me coal....

I don't care though because I already know that my wife got me the 1.75L size of THIS:

patron-silver_3002_r2.jpg

Edited by Snoogans

Santa, I would just like to be able to take my boy out caching again. I just can't anymore for very long cause it seem's like all our unfound caches are too small to trade swag and he' all about the swag. He still pretty young but he's done an 8 stage multi with about 4 miles of hiking, just to find this can at the end and trade for a new toy.

Santa, please bring geocaching to a little girl who has never left the glow of the flat screen TV to experience the joy of walking through the woods after a fresh snowfall.

Santa, please bring geocaching to a bored couple who rarely look up from their iPods and laptops to talk with one another.

Santa, please bring geocaching to an overweight, overstressed middle manager who needs something to keep from going crazy.

Santa, please bring geocaching to someone looking for a healthy excuse to keep them on the path to recovering from an addiction.

For myself, I ask nothing. Knowing that these things will happen shall bring me great happiness.

Ummm... I largely agree with you wholeheartedly, but... for one item above, you wrote:

The sad reality is that for my wife Sue, and for several of our geo-friends, and particularly for my friend Lynn (CCCA Lynn, that is... her Christmas event is tomorrow...!), they each have a very serious addiction. But... the addiction is to geocaching!