.gpx keeps downloading as GSAK

genegene

Im trying to download a .gpx file from http://www.gpsbasecamp.com/national-parks/...a_National_Park

Every time I try and save it, it wants to download it as (Type: gsak)

I don't want it to do that. GSAK wont open a .gpx file for me to view. I want to view it in MapSource.

So I want to save it as a .gpx file

I know it has something to do with how I download .gpx extensions but I dont know where to look.

I have already changed how .gpx files are opening (My Computer/Tools/Folder Options/File Types) now I need to change how they are downloaded.

Thanks,

genegene

I can only change it to "all files" from gsak, these are the only 2 options I have. That's why I'm sure I'm having problems.

It wants to only download as a gsak file, and even if I try "all Files" MapSourse won't recognize it because it wants to open in gsak.

Did you try the download and see of there were trail maps on it?

Im trying to download a .gpx file from http://www.gpsbasecamp.com/national-parks/...a_National_Park

Every time I try and save it, it wants to download it as (Type: gsak)

I don't want it to do that. GSAK wont open a .gpx file for me to view. I want to view it in MapSource.

So I want to save it as a .gpx file

I know it has something to do with how I download .gpx extensions but I dont know where to look.

I have already changed how .gpx files are opening (My Computer/Tools/Folder Options/File Types) now I need to change how they are downloaded.

Thanks,

genegene

Right click on a .gpx file and use the "Open With" option OR, change the file association back to MapSource for .GPX files by right clicking a .gpx file and going to "Properties" and then use the "change" button to change the "Open With" and tell it to use it as the default program for that extension.

... Is the reconized logo for .gpx files the same as the one that GSAK uses?

You have "associated" the GPX file type with GSAK. See "Associate GPX Files" in the GSAK help (link)

It's up to you which program to "associate" with each file type. It should be the program that you use the most with that file type.

So you are saying that the file type is now associated with the correct application, but the icon for that file is displayed wrong?

If so you will need to rebuild the icon cache (nothing to do with geocache) file.

If running vista this will help you correct the problem. Other OS's are similar, just google "rebuild icon cache".