Customizing CN 9 on Colorado 400t

alanfreed

Perhaps a dumb question... can I customize the color scheme of City Navigator as it displays on the Garmin Colorado 400t? I just bought the unit this weekend, and I have been feeling my way around to get used to how things work with it. I have figured out most things, but I can't seem to change the color scheme from the very white background it's giving me now.

Many thanks!

There isn't much you can do to change the color of the maps. If you enable/disable relief shading on the 400t you'll see different colors when you are in north up/track up but in automotive mode it is usually just white unless you enter a land cover (state park, golf course) where the land cover is green.

GO$Rs

Hmph... I really thought there would be a way to change it to something more pleasing. Thanks for letting me know, though!

There isn't much you can do to change the color of the maps. If you enable/disable relief shading on the 400t you'll see different colors when you are in north up/track up but in automotive mode it is usually just white unless you enter a land cover (state park, golf course) where the land cover is green.

GO$Rs

Is it the map colors you want to change or the background? I'm pretty sure you can change the background by creating a new background picture (240x400 jpg file) and copy it to the map profiles. Now create a new profile with the name you gave the picture and you have your own background

Edited by partner

You can change the way the map is displayed by generating a .typ file to use with City Navigator. Do a search and you should find some info on how to generate it.

Perhaps a dumb question... can I customize the color scheme of City Navigator as it displays on the Garmin Colorado 400t? I just bought the unit this weekend, and I have been feeling my way around to get used to how things work with it. I have figured out most things, but I can't seem to change the color scheme from the very white background it's giving me now.

Many thanks!

Thanks -- I'll have to experiment with that. What I'd like to see is something other than white as the default background color of the map. I'm not sure if what you're describing will accomplish that or not, but I'm willing to tinker with it :D

Thanks also for the information about .typ files. I did some searching and found some information about them, but it seems like those instructions went over my head pretty quickly, unfortunately.

Is it the map colors you want to change or the background? I'm pretty sure you can change the background by creating a new background picture (240x400 jpg file) and copy it to the map profiles. Now create a new profile with the name you gave the picture and you have your own background