Photos in Profile Gallery

CanadaKate

I have a few photos that I'd like to put in my Gallery (and/or that of my family, Team_BG's, gallery) but I don't want to associate them with a specific cache as they might be spoilers.

Is this possible?

I also haven't been able to figure out how to upload a picture to go on the front page of my profile.

My apologies if this is something that should have been easy to figure out ... help, please ;)

Thanks, Starbrand and briansnat, for the fast reply. I guess it makes sense not to flood the galleries with photos of peoples dogs/cats/summer vacations if they're not caching related.

Can you help me with putting a photo in the spot on the Profile page that has the picture of Signal? I'm sure that's something I've seen on other cacher's Profiles.

Tks, again.

Can you help me with putting a photo in the spot on the Profile page that has the picture of Signal? I'm sure that's something I've seen on other cacher's Profiles.

Click on 'My Account'.

Click on Edit Profile.

Enter your password then scroll down to avatars.

Upload your photo to your geocaching avatar. You can do the same for your forum avatar, but they prefer smaller images there, just look at what happens to my 768*1024 sized image on my avatar.

Click on 'My Account'.

Click on Edit Profile.

Enter your password then scroll down to avatars.

Upload your photo to your geocaching avatar. You can do the same for your forum avatar, but they prefer smaller images there, just look at what happens to my 768*1024 sized image on my avatar.

Thanks, trainlove. I'll try that when I'm back at my home computer.

Very helpful bunch in this forum. Thank you, all.

The gallery is not a separate sort of entitiy - it is just a simple compilation of your log photos - so -"no" you can't upload files o it directly.

This link still seems to work:

<http://www.geocaching.com/my/upload.aspx>

but I don't know that there's a button anywhere that takes you there... probably for good reason!

That uploads photos to your profile. They don't show up in galleries.

I have a few photos that I'd like to put in my Gallery (and/or that of my family, Team_BG's, gallery) but I don't want to associate them with a specific cache as they might be spoilers.

Is this possible?

I use my personal travel bug and load photo to logs there. They do show up in your gallery and you don't have to associate it with a particular cache.