How many cachers ?

calibri

Hello

Have a look at the Essex Help with numbers thread. That might help.

Is this just idle curiosity or are you looking for a purpose. I have been trying to find out numbers to go onto a funding bid. I did find out that there are approximately 31335 caches in the UK.

For those of you in Essex or willing to travel the project all seems to be going along very well. I hope to be able to start spreading news about an event that will take place in March/April that will involve all of the Essex County Council country parks very shortly. I need to run through things with two very helpful 'experts' next week at Hadleigh before I can type anything that maybe completley wrong.

Jo

Hello

Have a look at the Essex Help with numbers thread. That might help.

Is this just idle curiosity or are you looking for a purpose. I have been trying to find out numbers to go onto a funding bid. I did find out that there are approximately 31335 caches in the UK.

For those of you in Essex or willing to travel the project all seems to be going along very well. I hope to be able to start spreading news about an event that will take place in March/April that will involve all of the Essex County Council country parks very shortly. I need to run through things with two very helpful 'experts' next week at Hadleigh before I can type anything that maybe completley wrong.

Jo

Has anybody got an idea of how many cachers there are currently in the UK/Europe ?

It was all going so well up until the word "currently". If you can define what "a cacher" means, we can have a go at the numbers.

I believe - from the world's longest dropdown list, which I saw on some or other UK caching site - that the "number of geocaching.com accounts which have ever logged a cache in the UK" is about 60,000. But depending on how many of those are "currently" (that word again) "active" (whatever that means), and or how many people are behind each account on average, the number you're looking for could be 6 times lower or perhaps 1.5 times higher.