Is it time for a Brasil forum? club?

Savoy

Is it time to ask for a Brazil forum, rather to 'take over' most of the traffic for south america?

Also, I'm a bit lonely here in Rio de Jneiro... are there enough of us around Rio and SanP to pull together a loose 'club' or once in awhile 'get together?'

Take care out there! Savoy

Is it time to ask for a Brazil forum, rather to 'take over' most of the traffic for south america?

Also, I'm a bit lonely here in Rio de Jneiro... are there enough of us around Rio and SanP to pull together a loose 'club' or once in awhile 'get together?'

I'd say you need more critical mass before taking off to a separate forum. Either more geocachers and more topics. But feel free to ask Groundspeak about that for the acceptable thresholds.

Regarding the second question, it would be a good idea to set up a cache event and to gather everyone for a few drinks and to get to know everyone. It really helps to build up a community. How many people would you think you could join for such a thing?

I'd say you need more critical mass before taking off to a separate forum. Either more geocachers and more topics. But feel free to ask Groundspeak about that for the acceptable thresholds.

Regarding the second question, it would be a good idea to set up a cache event and to gather everyone for a few drinks and to get to know everyone. It really helps to build up a community. How many people would you think you could join for such a thing?

It looks like we are going to have a cache even in March (21st) in Rio de Janeiro. We 'll see who all shows up :D

It looks like we are going to have a cache even in March (21st) in Rio de Janeiro. We 'll see who all shows up :laughing:

I noticed you had the event (congratulations!) and managed to grab a few people. Eventually, as word spreads around, you'll see the community grow and grow.

The south american forum has, so far, a small number of posts regarding Brazil. As I said, it might just be a question of time (and enough geocachers and content) to have your own subforum. In the meantime, just don't stop contributing because it's not your sandbox ;)

Hello from São Paulo. I have discovered geocaching just now, but I´m a GPS fan for years. I´m looking for Brazilian members, and would like to colaborate to help and promote Geocaching in Brazil. Is there any group, or place where we can get togheter and talk about Brazilian geocaching? thanks, best regards. Carlos Moura

Hello from São Paulo. I have discovered geocaching just now, but I´m a GPS fan for years. I´m looking for Brazilian members, and would like to colaborate to help and promote Geocaching in Brazil. Is there any group, or place where we can get togheter and talk about Brazilian geocaching? thanks, best regards. Carlos Moura

Nice to meet you Carlos! We have a small group that likes to get together sometimes here in Rio... next time your headed this way, give us a warning and we'll try and pull something together.

I'm not sure what is happening there in SP... but in RJ, we have a small but growing group. Sadly, most caches are still be logged by non-Brazilians (like me - I'm an American, living here in RJ). Most of the group that gets together here, are from Rio.

Keep caching out there in Sao Paulo! - Savoy

Nice to meet you Carlos! We have a small group that likes to get together sometimes here in Rio... next time your headed this way, give us a warning and we'll try and pull something together.

I'm not sure what is happening there in SP... but in RJ, we have a small but growing group. Sadly, most caches are still be logged by non-Brazilians (like me - I'm an American, living here in RJ). Most of the group that gets together here, are from Rio.

Keep caching out there in Sao Paulo! - Savoy

Hi Savoy,

I don´t know why chache hunting in Brazil does not grow like in other places, but I will try to help, placing and mantaining caches ( lake you do in RJ ), and disseminating Geocaching as I can.

Also, I have noticed that there are a lot of caches here in SP that are abandoned, like some in Campinas ( Bosque dos Jequitibas and Bosque dos Italianos ), or the ones in Ibirapuera Park. It would be nice if we were to take these caches and give needed maintenance ( I don´t know how it works! ).

I will plan a cache hunting trip to RJ soon. I will contact you when I have this scheduled.

Let´s keep in touch!

Best regards, Carlos

Hi Savoy,

I don´t know why chache hunting in Brazil does not grow like in other places, but I will try to help, placing and mantaining caches ( lake you do in RJ ), and disseminating Geocaching as I can.

Also, I have noticed that there are a lot of caches here in SP that are abandoned, like some in Campinas ( Bosque dos Jequitibas and Bosque dos Italianos ), or the ones in Ibirapuera Park. It would be nice if we were to take these caches and give needed maintenance ( I don´t know how it works! ).

I will plan a cache hunting trip to RJ soon. I will contact you when I have this scheduled.

Let´s keep in touch!

Best regards, Carlos

Lets! Be sure to let me know when you head this way.

As for 'maintaining' caches that have been left alone too long... thats a great idea. I've done some of that here in Rio, but since some of the caches were placed by 'beginning' cachers, several are just not salvageable as they sat. Adoption (then move) is an option for those weaker and lost caches, but because those cachers are not active any more, its hard to get them to 'hand the cache over'. SO, the only thing to do is to leave an 'archive this cache' note, and hope that people read them before trying to find them.

Take care Carlos, and hope to meet you soon with a cache in your hand :-)

- Savoy

Hello Guys !

OK this is my first post and I will soon start Geocaching here in USA. Yes I know about geocaching for few

years but never got my feet wet. So I will buy a GPS this week ( I hope ) and I will be out on the Hunt.

Im BRAZUCA do Rio de Janeiro ( most of my life I lived in BOTAFOGO ) I notice that you guys are trying

to get a group or spread the geocaching bug around but I know is a bit dificult because GPS cost a lot

of $$$ there and many people can buy one.

I would say for the guys in RJ , go to some Rock climbing Club and spread the news....

Most the hikers and rock climbers in RJ would go for it.

There are many clubs in RJ and across the Brasil....so I hope this idea help someone.

I will soon be back to live in Brasil ( 2 years ) and I will be out there to plant my seed and have a great time

with you guys.

Don't give up !

Hallo together,

since four days I am a new member in the club of the geocachers. Right now I am in europe and I start do learn this funny game with the help of my brother, an experiend guy in this joke.

But normally I live in brasil, in the south region, exactly in Paranaguá, estado of Paraná. Anybody knows something about a regional geocaching-club or -meeting in Paraná, or in Sao Paulo?

Thanks for information

best regards ilha

olá,

desde algumas dias também tou membro de clube de geocachers. Agora tou na europa e aprendendo o jogo com ajuda de meu irmao, um cara experiente em esse negocio.

Más normalemente vivo no brasil, no sul, em Paranaguá, estado de Paraná. Alguem tem informacoes sobre um clube de geocachers ou um encontro deles em essa regiao?

Obrigado pela mais informacoes.

Abrac0 de ilha