What no PN-20s here yet ?

BrokenLug

Well it all depends on what you are planning on doing with it. I think that both units are great units with the maps that you can use on them. If you are planning on using it for hiking, geocaching, etc. the 20 is a great unit especially considering the price that you can find them nowadays. I loved the 20 and never had any complaints. The biggest problem that I think people had was the screen redraw and for me, the only time that I thought it was slow at all was when I was zoomed in too close while using the unit in the car. If you find the happy medium of zooming out and still having map detail, it will do the trick for you. The 40 is just faster in every regard. I haven't compared the 2 side by side yet to see if there was a difference in maintaining a signal lock or not. I've been sick as a dog lately and haven't gotten a chance to go outside and play much! LOL.

well 1st i hope you feel better soon :unsure:

all i would really be using it for is geocaching and hiking and maybe biking every once in a while. i don't need anything for the car cause i got a garmin auto gps last year for christmas hoping i could get close enough to a cache that i could find it and well that didn't work out so great i found a few but not as many as i hoped for but it gets me around and i don't get lost so maybe i'll just pick up the 20 but i think i'll look around and see what others say about the signal lock first thanks ;)