How Long to Re-Enable a cache?

Fluxuated

I replaced a cache, that was archived, and asked for it to be re-opened on Nov. 29'th, I've Emailled 2 Reviewers, and posted a note in the cache, asking for it to be re-enabled, and I'm still waiting.

I thought it would be a fairly quick thing, is there someone else I should talk to?

Any help is appreciated.

If it was archived - don't count on it getting reopened. They are going to view this as a brand new cache and likely ask you to submit a new listing. Archive was intended to be the end of a listing not a temporary status change. Exceptions have been made.

If it was temp disabled you can re-enabled it yourself via a log entry.

If it was archived - don't count on it getting reopened. They are going to view this as a brand new cache and likely ask you to submit a new listing. Archive was intended to be the end of a listing not a temporary status change. Exceptions have been made.

Hmm, The reviewed that disabled it said "You may request that this listing be unarchived by email as provided below."

I did that. I guess I'll create another one, with the same name, info, coords, etc.. and see about getting that one listed.

Thanks for the replies.

Hmm, The reviewed that disabled it said "You may request that this listing be unarchived by email as provided below."

I did that. I guess I'll create another one, with the same name, info, coords, etc.. and see about getting that one listed.

Thanks for the replies.

I don't think you should create another one. I think you should just be a little more patient.

I replaced a cache, that was archived, and asked for it to be re-opened on Nov. 29'th, I've Emailled 2 Reviewers, and posted a note in the cache, asking for it to be re-enabled, and I'm still waiting.

I thought it would be a fairly quick thing, is there someone else I should talk to?

Any help is appreciated.

November 29th...there could be a good possibility the reviewer may have been away with family...give it some time and wait a bit...especially during the Holiday season...

Thanks for the replies.

Whoa boy. Hold your horses!

If your reviewers are like our reviewers then this is what is probably going on:

Typically, when a reviewer logs on to GC.com to begin their work they will look at and work on caches that are in their que (new caches that have been submitted). They will work through this list - publishing some and sending emails to the others to address problems.

After that, then they will move on to caches that:

Have been previously submitted (new) and have had problems that are in the process of being worked out.

Have been requested by the owners to have the coords changed (over 528 ft).

Have been reported as "Needs Archive".

Have been reported by other cachers as having a problem.

Have been archived for various reasons and the owner is attempting to re-enable.

Or perhaps a cacher is submitting coordinates for the reviewer to check proximity to existing caches.

You can see that your reviewers are doing a lot of work and they have a life too!

If this is the cache in question then I don't see the need for the speedy action. It sat for a month with the archive warning without a response on the cache page from you.

Things will work out OK if you just give it some time.

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

Archived caches can't be re-enabled.

Correction: Archived caches can't be unarchived for the purpose of adopting. They can be unarchived if the are replaced and the owner is keeping it, just like the archive note says.

But to throw another monkey wrench into the discussion, if the cache is moved any significant distance, or a new size of container is used, a new listing should be created, since it's now an all new hide.

None of these arguments come into play here. Just be patient and your reviewer will get to it. :D

If your reviewers are like our reviewers then this is what is probably going on:

Typically, when a reviewer logs on to GC.com to begin their work they will look at and work on caches that are in their que (new caches that have been submitted). They will work through this list - publishing some and sending emails to the others to address problems.

Have been previously submitted (new) and have had problems that are in the process of being worked out.

Have been archived for various reasons and the owner is attempting to re-enable.

Or perhaps a cacher is submitting coordinates for the reviewer to check proximity to existing caches.

You can see that your reviewers are doing a lot of work and they have a life too!

If this is the cache in question then I don't see the need for the speedy action. It sat for a month with the archive warning without a response on the cache page from you.

Deane

Nice, thanks for the armchair reviewer comments. Hold my horses? I asked a simple question, don't jump down my throat for it. And as for the Less than speedy response, I don't owe you an explanation, You don't know what's been transpiring in MY life, or the fact that my wife was hospitalized and I nearly LOST her, the last thing on my mind was running out to replace a cache, that was lost, while she lay there.

As for the hurry, it's part of a Series of caches, and I'd like to let the geocachers in the area be able to complete the series, now that I'm able, I'd like to get it up and running, nothing more.

Sure it's holiday season, but seeing as though the reviewer is publishing local caches daily, that leads me to believe, that somehow I fell through the cracks, sorry for having a concern.

Thank you, to those who offered assistance. I think you've all answered my question. I won't ask again.

He didn't jump down your throat. You were being given inaccurate information, and you were reacting to the inaccurate information.

Take a deep breath, unwad your underwear, and read the thread again.

In internet forums, it's sometimes always best to follow the above sentence before reacting to something you read.

I found the post by DeRock & the Psychic Cacher to be an uncannily accurate description of how I prioritize my volunteer work. Add "moderating the forums" near the top of my list. Thank you for the thoughtful post.

I may take a week or more to get to routine requests during busy periods or holidays. Priority is given to meeting the 72 hour service goal for the review of new cache submissions. Sometimes that is all I have time to do. When someone demands more, I will refer them to the paid staff at Groundspeak. I offer that to the OP as an option. The address is contact @geocaching.com.

Deane

Nice, thanks for the armchair reviewer comments. Hold my horses? I asked a simple question, don't jump down my throat for it. And as for the Less than speedy response, I don't owe you an explanation, You don't know what's been transpiring in MY life, or the fact that my wife was hospitalized and I nearly LOST her, the last thing on my mind was running out to replace a cache, that was lost, while she lay there.

As for the hurry, it's part of a Series of caches, and I'd like to let the geocachers in the area be able to complete the series, now that I'm able, I'd like to get it up and running, nothing more.

Sure it's holiday season, but seeing as though the reviewer is publishing local caches daily, that leads me to believe, that somehow I fell through the cracks, sorry for having a concern.

Thank you, to those who offered assistance. I think you've all answered my question. I won't ask again.

This is good advice and how things work for the most part. There may be a chance you're email didn't go threw. You can always send another one. The reviewer may have been busy and missed it. Drop you're reviewer another e-mail saying what's going on and I'm sure they will work this out with you. :D