Spring CITO preview

Mother Wolf

It seems a little strange to be working on an event for spring the first week of Dec but I guess some things cant be put off til the week before.

Last Feb MAGC made friends with the folks from out at the Chesapeake Bay Environmental Center on the Eastern Shore. They welcomed us with open arms & loved the idea of caching. They then sat with us & worked out some details so we could put out some caches at the center. It has been a good friendship & now it is time for us to give back to the community so I am putting together a CITO event out there. I got confirmation on the date today. It will be April 18th to mesh with Earth Day (week) with a rain date of April 25th. I will be posting the event page in the very near future.

I hope everyone will mark their calendars for that date & come out to show our appreciation. A lot of folks have discovered CBEC because of our caches out there & have had some fun times while out there. We can continue to enjoy that great area & be a part of making it great for others so come on out. We will help clean up some areas, blaze trails through others & enjoy some good eats, which our cachers always seem to bring.

This is my 1st attempt at doing an event so if anyone has any tips, ideas, offers PLEASE don't be shy I'm open to all input. Thanks Dalene (Mother Wolf)

As for paying to cache on the grounds it is no different than state parks as well as some other parks as well.

True although, all of the pay parks I have been to, every cache in them mentions that you have to pay. The same can't be said for this area.

Back to the CITO topic, good luck, I hope it goes well. The place was very well kept when I was there.

Since all of the caches that are out at CBEC arent mine I dont have any control how others list them. I agree with you that when there is a fee it should be mentioned or put in the attributes. I went to one of our state parks, for a caching event actually, & wasnt aware that there was an entry fee until I got to the gate which at this particular park there was a park guard shack. Generously a friend of mine who was in the vehicle ahead of me treated, but I remember being a bit upset this wasnt at least mentioned on the cache page.

So rest easy. There will not be any fees for coming out to help & it will also be noted on the event page when I do it up to submit. So everyone can come out & know that for their helpful contribution the day will not only be free but they will feed too : )

I hope it does go well & a lot of folks come out. Even though it will entale work it will be fun.