Bookmark of Tube/Tunnel/Underground Caches

FireRef

Is there a bookmark listing of caches that are of the type described above, or a list somewhere that lists these? We had a couple in my area that were archived over the years, and I'd like to go see a few more. Thanks for any help on this!

I'm looking for the Erie, PA area, but anywhere within a couple of hundred miles would be fine. Thanks again!

Is there a bookmark listing of caches that are of the type described above, or a list somewhere that lists these? We had a couple in my area that were archived over the years, and I'd like to go see a few more. Thanks for any help on this!

I'm looking for the Erie, PA area, but anywhere within a couple of hundred miles would be fine. Thanks again!

I'll say I've done a ton of surfing of cache pages in the Northeast Mid-Atlantic, and I've never seen such a bookmark list. Doesn't mean one doesn't exist though. How about Subway Cache in Rochester, N.Y.? I've never looked for or found it, but 20 "favorites" bookmark lists can't be wrong. :D

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

If you don't mind driving a few hours to Eastern Pennsylvania / Western New Jersey . . .

The first two are caches in/near abandoned railroad tunnels...

The third one isn't a tunnel, but it would probably fit into your request.

Manunka Chunk Tunnels - GC82B5

Darkness at Van Nest Gap - GC15Q2H

GC15NJV

Manunka Chunk Tunnels is a GREAT cache!

I also liked Darkness in the middle of the wood

I haven't tried The Pipe and The Ladder, but it fits the category.

Oops, just remembered a couple more closer to me (and you).

Haunted Blue Ghost Tunnel Cache In Thorold, Ontario. You don't have to go in the tunnel to find the cache like you once did, but I'm told you can still explore it, despite efforts to seal it off.

Here's one that needs an out-of-towner like yourself to come in and find it, because it looks like all the locals (other than the handful who have found it) are afraid :DScajaquada Creek Tunnel in Buffalo. NOTE: It's an MOC

The caches that Stellarscapes mentioned are awesome cache experiences! We just went on our own excursion that we dubbed, the NJ Tunnel Tour, starting with Darkness at Van Nest Gap, hitting several mag-man caches, and then finishing off with Manunka Chunk (this was my second trip to Manunka Chunk and I don't think this place would ever get boring). These caches are all in close enough proximity that it's very easy to get them in a short while. At Van Nest Gap, we walked all the way through the 0.62-mile long tunnel and had a blast with the darkness, mud, and water.

I've also visited the PA Turnpike cache, biking through the 1.32-mile long tunnel... very cool! There are 3 or 4 other caches near the tunnel besides the one inside.

Unfortunately, some of the other cool tunnel caches around PA and NY can't be bookmarked as such since part of the challenge of finding them is actually figuring out that you've got to go underground. There's one in the Harrisburg area, one in the Carlisle area and another in the Binghamton area that come to mind.

Unfortunately, some of the other cool tunnel caches around PA and NY can't be bookmarked as such since part of the challenge of finding them is actually figuring out that you've got to go underground. There's one in the Harrisburg area, one in the Carlisle area and another in the Binghamton area that come to mind.

Good point. I've DNF'd two caches on the first trip .. not the ones noted above... because I was not expecting an underground hunt.