Arizona Camping

izce.nine

I am originally from Arizona, and will be going home this month. I am having a hard time trying to find a place that is open so a few friends and I can go camp, and get in some decent caching. I am looking for some good suggestions, so if anyone knows where we might be able to do this, please respond to this post!

Thanks!

I am originally from Arizona, and will be going home this month. I am having a hard time trying to find a place that is open so a few friends and I can go camp, and get in some decent caching. I am looking for some good suggestions, so if anyone knows where we might be able to do this, please respond to this post!

Thanks!

You might try some of the State Parks. Since you didn't post where you might be looking to camp and what type of camping - primitive to develop it's difficult to provide you with detailed information. I lived in Arizona for over 40 years and have spent a great deal of time camping in AZ. I'm new to Geocaching, but have been really enjoying a new outdoor activity. You might want to check out the EatStayPlay.com. It's a website that has free information about outdoor activities including camping.

I spent a week in Oct. camping at Dead Horse State Park near Cottonwood. Found 8 caches. There are more in the area just ran out of time

ESP Boss

P.S. The website EatStayPlay.com is mine and my daughter's.

Thanks!

You might try some of the State Parks. Since you didn't post where you might be looking to camp and what type of camping - primitive to develop it's difficult to provide you with detailed information. I lived in Arizona for over 40 years and have spent a great deal of time camping in AZ. I'm new to Geocaching, but have been really enjoying a new outdoor activity. You might want to check out the http://www.EatStayPlay.com. It's a website that has free information about outdoor activities including camping.

I spent a week in Oct. camping at Dead Horse State Park near Cottonwood. Found 8 caches. There are more in the area just ran out of time

ESP Boss

P.S. The website http://www.EatStayPlay.com is mine and my daughter's.

Thanks!

You might try some of the State Parks. Since you didn't post where you might be looking to camp and what type of camping - primitive to develop it's difficult to provide you with detailed information. I lived in Arizona for over 40 years and have spent a great deal of time camping in AZ. I'm new to Geocaching, but have been really enjoying a new outdoor activity. You might want to check out the EatStayPlay.com. It's a website that has free information about outdoor activities including camping.

ESP Boss

Thanks for the response. I am thinking more of a primitive camping spot since I don't own more than a tent :-).

Thanks!

ESP Boss

Thanks for the response. I am thinking more of a primitive camping spot since I don't own more than a tent :-).

If you can give me some general areas where you might like to camp. I can probably direct you to some more primitive sites. If you are looking to camp in Tucson area especially towards the Mexico border you might want to rethink primitive camping. This time of the year there are illegals trying to cross the border along with drug runners. It can be dangerous to be camping in remote/primitive areas.

You can camp just about anywhere in the National Forests. You might do a query for Sierra Vista and look i the Huachucas for lower Carr Canyon or lower Miller Canyon. Both have latrines and tables. Bring your own water. This time of year most illegals are heading home for the holidays. Not many are coming North because of the economic situation. Druggies know where the camping areas are and avoid them.

There are lots of spots around Prescott AZ for easy camping in the the National Forest. In fact, there are several spots within 5 miles of my house for great camping spots in the NF.

Prescott seems to have a high concentration of caches with some great "power trails" for boosting your smilies.

There are lots of spots around Prescott AZ for easy camping in the the National Forest. In fact, there are several spots within 5 miles of my house for great camping spots in the NF.

Prescott seems to have a high concentration of caches with some great "power trails" for boosting your smilies.

Could you name some of these "power trails"? I might like to check them out.

As for places to camp, off of highway 93 (near the Joshua Tree National Park) there's an area that's right on the border of the Mojave and Sonoran deserts that you might want to check out.

The most notable Power Trail around p-town is the Peavine/Iron King Trail. A Rails to Trails spot on the east side of Watson Lake. To do it all in one day you need to bring a bike.

(From Memory)

Somewhere around 50+ caches along 10 miles of trail. Some really good hides with great views of the area. Flat graded trail (old rail grade). You will finds a cache every 200m +/-.