Trackable Hiking Stick Medallion

Landsharkz

n38520581242_1188365_9941.jpg

This trackable hiking stick medallion says 'track this stick at geocaching.com' and has a custom LS prefix tracking number and a custom icon. One day it will be listed as a 'trackable item' but for now you'll find them listed with the geocoins.

Other geocachers can discover you out hiking, but better yet... if you lay your stick down at a cache and forget it (yes, I've done it!), the next geocacher can 'discover' your stick and return it to the rightful owner!

The medallion is almost 40mm wide and 1.5mm thick with the perfect curve that is still supple enough to be molded. It comes with 3M double adhesive tape installed behind the entire circle and 4 brass nails so you can attach it to your favourite wood hiking stick.

Available in Antique Silver or Black Nickel. The are painted with soft enamel paint.

Cost is $6.99 CAD. Click here for the Antique Silver Product Display Page

Yes, we're going to carry these for as long as they are in demand. We may add new versions or change up the art for a new look in the future to keep them fresh and collectible. Consider it a 'new product line' that we may add to at our discretion.

It could be added to a 'stick' to make it trackable - I had thought I'd put one on the tall arbutus stick that's by the cache at our front door so curious folks could discover it!

Do you know the arbutus tree? It's unique and graces the west coast/pacific northwest.

Val collects these hiking stick madallions, when we visited out to Mount Rushmore and to Devils Tower, and YellowStone. I will have to get one for her for X-Mas. She will just love it. Thanks for letting me know about the madallion Landsharkz.

Smashed pennies are great for this whan you can't find a medalion...You'll just need to bend it to the right curve, and drill two tiny holes.

It is funny you mention smashed pennies as we travel and sight see that is about the only other thing we collect is smash pennies and post cards, for places we have visited. Got a couple recently when we visited a beautuful zoo in St Louis Missouri Zoo. The best zoo we have visited so far. We lovedwatching all the different kinds of Penguins and the Hippo's. It was a huge zoo.

How much are they in US dollars?

Your US dollar is worth $1.2493 or therabouts today when you buy in Canada, so today the hiking medallions are $5.59 US. Not that we're going to change our pricing, but the value of both our country's dollars affect our buying and selling power. I sure liked it when we were at par for our own US shopping trips, but now it's in your favour again. The exchange rate changes frequently - I tend to use Yahoo Finance to see what it's doing.. especially when I am due to send funds to the mint in USD :D !.

I ordered one (or two? I can't remember!) of these last night and can't wait until it gets here. My whole family makes walking sticks for something to do while we're camping, some of them get fairly elaborate, and I've been wanting to do one as a FTF gift. One of these will really set it off nicely!

Sometimes I will work on a local stick I find on my hike, and leave it behind when I leave. They are not fancy, but are trimmed and the rough spots removed. These would be nice to attach and leave for whoever the next hiker is. I usually leave them leaning against the gate at the trailhead.

I ordered one (or two? I can't remember!) of these last night and can't wait until it gets here. My whole family makes walking sticks for something to do while we're camping, some of them get fairly elaborate, and I've been wanting to do one as a FTF gift. One of these will really set it off nicely!

Sometimes I will work on a local stick I find on my hike, and leave it behind when I leave. They are not fancy, but are trimmed and the rough spots removed. These would be nice to attach and leave for whoever the next hiker is. I usually leave them leaning against the gate at the trailhead.

Robert that sounds great any chance you can come and Cache in the UK for awhile????? Love the sound of finding one of these on a trip out.

Michelle

Yes, we're going to carry these for as long as they are in demand. We may add new versions or change up the art for a new look in the future to keep them fresh and collectible. Consider it a 'new product line' that we may add to at our discretion.

It could be added to a 'stick' to make it trackable - I had thought I'd put one on the tall arbutus stick that's by the cache at our front door so curious folks could discover it!

Do you know the arbutus tree? It's unique and graces the west coast/pacific northwest.

Will any of your new versions be country or trail themed? It would be cool to have several on your personal hiking stick representing the various landmarks, trails, countries, etc. that have been visited. ;):unsure:

Will any of your new versions be country or trail themed? It would be cool to have several on your personal hiking stick representing the various landmarks, trails, countries, etc. that have been visited. ;):unsure:

We like the idea of featuring cool places but if we make them too specific then we limit our market - we are making 250 to get a custom icon. For example, we could end up holding a lot of stock if the 'Oregon Trail Hiking Medallion' only sells to folk who have explored it.

We are designing one using an officially licensed image, which we anticipate will be approved by TPTB.

What sort of landmarks, countries and trails were you thinking of?

We do basic ones too and often leave them leaning against a tree in the campsite when we leave. I don't know if the next people take them or burn them but we've never found one when we go back.