COINTEST Who Do You Know ?

River Cacher

Who Do You Know ?

That would deserve a UR#1 Geocoin for involment with Geocaching or Geocaching related things.

We will know who the winner is when they post they got one.

You will need to be able to get me a address of the person or persons you are submiting to this cointest.

I know some i can find in the address book but if they are not there i will be asking you there address.

I will mail them out fast.

Photos are from the scanner and not the best.

I will try and get better photos soon.

4c63c6c2-8f97-4a43-a942-ed506bc6cca9.jpg

Edited by River Cacher

Well how many people should I list.

ScuryDog is a well known cacher in Long Beach, CA

Rotorqueen has MS and is a great person and loves coins.

Lil Weasel loves balloons and I know he would love this coin

The coins look great can't wait to add one to my collection.

Edited by FuRbRaT

I've meet trough Geocaching forum nice friends in Australian.

They have tree kids :huh:

The oldest kid has her own account Jabs kid 1.

She loves geocaching :huh: and she loves geocoins.

If she find a geocoin trough caching she show the coin at friends and at school.

She loves to get your balloon geocoin....wow............i would love to see her face when she won your coin :D

River cacher you made a beautiful, funny and happy balloon geocoin, congrats with your design ;)

And thanks for this cointest, you are a very generous man B)

I would love to nominate Eartha, for all the volunteer time spent as a moderator....

Sometimes a thankless task.

I would second this nominee, but I know Eartha wouldn't accept the prize! I've tried my best to send her some holiday goodies, she has turned me down (and with good reasons, she's still a sweetheart though). Mods won't be able to accept these types of gifts, unfortunately!!

As Rifleman81 said, Write Shop Robert is a great choice for me, he has done sooo much to spread cheer in the forums community, he's a very caring soul!!

Another choice would be LindsyChris, because I really appreciate them!! :huh:

Another choice would be Mauison...I think he knows why!!

I could go on forever here, but will add one more before saying I wish I could nominate all of you...Dorkfish! Karma is a sweet sweet person and really deserving!

As for my nomination....THANKS, but please concentrate on those more deserving!! Not that I don't appreciate the nomination (I do, very much), just that I haven't done nearly as much as many here have!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

There is to many people in here that deserve this coin so we choose not to mention anyone, and choose not to take part in this cointest. Whoever is the lucky recipient, Congrads on receiving this very cool coin. Whoever receives it because someone thinks very highly of you and you truley deserve it.

I would like to nominate "TheCollector". He always seems to have something going on to better geocaching and educating people on caching. He is very active in the MnGCA. I have been caching with him and he also seems to always make sure things are just the way we found them if not a little better.

-Dardevle-

Edited by dardevle

I'd like to nominate Tennessee Jed. He is an amazingly kind & generous person!

I second that nomination too! :huh: And there are so many deserving people for different reasons.

I would like to nominate the following people:

1) mousekakat - although she lives across the ocean we have become good friends through chatting and she knows how to brighten someone else's day.

2) dressel dragons- for all the work that Lenore did with geocoinfest, for all the wonderful trades and emails back and forth about our girls.

3) loridarlin - Lori is one of the nicest people out there. period. :huh:

4) the moop along -his avatar says it all. He is great to trade with. And for keeping it real.

5) avroair - for his many zany cointests and all the amazing events he puts together

6) tsunrisebey - she's does a lot for caching in montana and has great designs and doesn't compromise on integrity. I think it is great that her new personal coin design is cache only. WTG!!

7) lavalk-9 - Claire is such a sweet person and does a lot for the caching community in my area. They have an insane number of hides and have a great passion for geocoins.

And I know there are many others out there that are deserving too!!

We have a WINNER.

We have another WINNER.

We will have even more WINNERS.

The nice thing about this coin is that it can be used for many of reasons so i have decided to pick several winners as the list gets bigger.

I will not be able to choose everyone but i will do this again when the UR#1 Green Balloon Geocoin comes out.

This is the UR#1 Yellow Balloon Geocoin with the yellow border and a yellow balloon icon.

Below is a list of answers to some of the questions.

Thanks for the wonderful postings as it shows me more and more how great many of the Geocachers are out there in the world and it makes me proud to be involved with all of you.

Q, Well how many people should I list.

A, You can list as many as you want.

Q, So this would be called the "UR#1" balloon geocoin , Very nice.

A, Yes this is and Thank You.

Q, Can I nominate multiple people (or "entities")?

A, Yes

Q,I would second this nominee, but I know Eartha wouldn't accept the prize! I've tried my best to send her some holiday goodies, she has turned me down (and with good reasons, she's still a sweetheart though). Mods won't be able to accept these types of gifts, unfortunately!!

A, Is this True ?? Eartha was one of my choice's for sure

Q,There is to many people in here that deserve this coin so we choose not to mention anyone, and choose not to take part in this cointest. Whoever is the lucky recipient, Congrads on receiving this very cool coin. Whoever receives it because someone thinks very highly of you and you truley deserve it.

A, Please do not stop mentioning names as there will be more than one given out.

The nice thing about this coin it can be used for multiple reasons.

Good luck to all and keep an eye on those mail boxes as the first balloon is being packaged up and sent away .

I have not gave away or sold any yet and i have all 250.

Now to decide who gets the very first one?

HUMMM!!! I have decided and away it goes.

Please try and list the reasons they deserve one.

Thank You.

A nice coin ~ and I understand why folks are nominating others from this coin forum. All very deserving.

I sort of read this, a bit different, as looking for a person who "would deserve a UR#1 Geocoin for involment with Geocaching or Geocaching related things". Athough geocoins are "geoaching related things".......I am going to nominate someone who loves coins but doesn't consider themselves "a coiner".

My nominee began caching in 2003. He has placed over 50 physcial caches and was instrumental in sponsoring one of the first CITO events in our state. His drive behind an annual CITO event, in his area for the last four years, is a great credit to our sport. Always willing to lend a hand or teach a newbie, he encourages others and pitches in when he sees something to be done.

When one of the state Geocaching web sites was having trouble maintaining the "events section" he stepped up to the plate and offered to bring it up to snuff. The events have been up to date and current ever since. He has attended other CITO events and is always a team player to help at other Geocacher's events. From pitching tents in the rain to helping cook.

A consumate camper, hiker, kayaker, and mountain biker, you just never know where you will find this fellow - seeking out a cache. Part of the "Rescue Rangers" who went up into the Allagash of Maine to rescue a TB which was stranded in a non-published cache - my nominee would be Mainiac1957.

If he wins a coin, PM or email me for his mailing addy. Thanks for the cointest!

I've thought about this one for a bit. It's my favorite type of cointest where someone else gets a coin.

While I can think of more than a few worthy folks, today one in particular stands out. A failure. In my area we have the Original Cache Maggot. The guy from whom the name sprang. He would have been a power cacher in his own right, but he couldn't stick with it and quit in a whiney butt hissy fit. From there a new life of caching crime sprang up. The guy is a prolific sock puppeteer. Frequent abuser of new cache types and logs. He of course steals caches. However he also puts a creative spin on it. On one cache he left a note about where he moved it to. Ironically when I finally got the note and finally went to check on the cache he moved, someone else had stolen it. This entirely defeated the purpose of his games. He has invented a lot of games. They all work out about the same for him. I've never seen so much creativity and energy thwarted at every turn. He set out to annoy the caching community and instead created a cohesive band of local cachers who came to know and respect each other and somehow out of the carnage this guy tried to wreck on us all, we have moved our caches up a notch from the things folks complain about in the forums the most. This maggot monitors the forums. No doubt in time he will find this thread.

Time and again the maggot fails, and in that failure has improved the local community, and improved the local caching scene. The best thing of all about awarding this person a coin is that it's poetic in that we only suspect his identity, but nobody knows for sure. We would have no way to actually give him the coin short of arranging for him to steal it. I’d probably have it welded to something so that it was the one thing he could not steal in spite of actually owning it.

i think about who i would nominate and i can`t really deside because everybody on this forum is a special person and everybody deserve a little happy balloon....

but i have to call some name`s so here it goes...

southpawaz because he show me the world trough his eyes :D

geo.error because i love her and she is always bring me to the right place when i`m lost by a cache :)

jabs son because he is lovely and because he is a lovely boy that really can use a smile :)

cheesy pigs because she do so much :D

butterfly lady because she runs the lovely bussy santa mission

r/gbots because they are so lovely helping people

geo_gophers because................. i don`t know she is the best friend you can have :D

dhenniger because he give me my first desire that i never forget and he let me see what wonderfull people you all are

i can go on and on with the list because you all are wonderfull

thank you for this cointest :)

OK, Team CoyChev would be a great recipient! Gary and Donna are high-ups in the MiGO (Michigan Geocaching Org) family, they give of themselves tirelessly. They were a big hand in our REI relationship, they have worked hard with the MUCC (Michigan United Conservation Club), they have really given of themselves hugely!

Bryan Roth (Rothstafari) would also be huge, but not sure he'd accept since he's one of the big wigs in GS!

PengoFamily, she knows!! :D

Naomi, she knows too! :)

IBcrashen...what a wonderfully generous soul!!

I have more and will also think a bit!! See you in a few posts!

I'd like to second Eartha's nomination, even if she won't accept any gifts, because of her patience and her caring responses to all sorts of questions and issues. She's my hero :D.

For a more local nominee, I'd recommend Kbrunog. He's too busy putting out caches to spend time in the forums, and I don't think he's a huge coin collector, but he does so much for caching in our area. He owns almost a hundred caches, and they are all creative works. Lots of puzzles! But even his evil puzzles are do-able, because he'll gladly provide a hint if you need one. Every one of his caches either takes you somewhere interesting or teaches you something you didn't know, each container is top-notch, and his FTF prizes are very generous (if he won a coin he'd probably leave it for FTF in his next cache). One cache has an expensive coin in it; a permanent cache resident for everyone to discover. Every cache is also well maintained, and quickly fixed or disabled if there are problems. When he finally finds time to go caching he also takes the time to write a really entertaining and complimentary log. He would never just sign TNLN and move on to the next one. And he's not a FTF hog - he'd rather leave the thrill of being first for others. We have a whole bunch of very giving cachers in our area, so it's really hard to choose any one over the others, but I think Kbrunog is a very well-rounded geocacher and deserves recognition.

Next is Pete...The Moopster! Great guy, fun to be around and does an aweful lot for caching including running the poker tourneys at many of the big events!!

Also, D@nimal. Another great person to be around, and a great person all around!

How about DaMenace? He's also a special person who's very generous and always happy to help!

And then there's Mustang Joni...she's just such a sweetheart!!

Where should I go next?? Well, of course Tsun!! She's just such a nice person whom I look up to!

Another one I would like to nominate...KAboom. KAboom is my god-son, he lives with me! He's had a really rough go of it lately as he lost his friend and father figure (Tod) and has been enduring the sadness I have had lately while also dealing with my dad's sickness on his own (he and dad are fairly close, dad put him to work the last few years at the course and is like a father..or grandfather as it would be...to him). I haven't made it easy on the poor young man, he's really tried hard to keep my spirits up even when I make his like a pure hell. AND, he's getting mostly B's in school...a HUGE swing from failing badly the last few years (he's got SDHD and used to really make problems in school).

More later!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

I would like to nominate Write Shop Robert because he has made geocaching really exciting with his ideas. Here is his list from his profile.

BINGO! Bug's winning numbers.

Roaming Raffle Travel Bug's winning numbers.

WRITE SHOP ROBERT'S Collectible, Tradable GameCards

Find my Shutterspots at GPSgames.org

Found a Frog? Click here.

Click here if you found a Christmas Gift.

Where I've Been...A Picture History

He has had many contest in the coin forum and it is educational as well as fun. He joined in with Rockin Roddy for bike awareness and has made coins to set free for bike awareness.

He takes such great pictures and makes a game out of it. I have enjoyed taking some of his ideas and using them for the kids up here.

It is very rare to meet someone, although I have only met him in the forums, that just gives from the heart, and expects nothing in return. He has given so much to the geocaching community. He has a big heart and makes everything he does for the enjoyment of others. That is why I nominate Write Shop Robert.

We would like to nominate Lasermom & (her husband Handyman).

We are fairly new to geocaching and they are one of the few cachers in the area we have met so far. They are always adding new caches to the area & dropping coins & TB's into them. They definitely deserve a coin in their mailbox for all their generosity. :D

I want to nominate all the geocachers who helped me with my Smilemission.

:D:)

River Cacher [yep, you to]

Mousekakat

Ellipirelli

Jabs kid 1

Burgessfour

Laval k-9

Cheesy pigs

Team fireboy

Southpawaz

Paganfrog

Somebody who i promise i won't say her name.

I want to thank you for believe in this mission, i give you all a big hug and natural a smile from ear to ear :):D:)

smile_1.jpg

I nominate Butterflylady who is running not one but :huh: two! :o Christmas missions. She is also very generous in offering to drop other people's coins in New Zealand caches for a bit of long-distance travel. Plus, her summer vacation is just coming up and a new coin would be a great way to celebrate.

I actually think that fairyhoney deserves one of those Coins...Although the reason is a Mystery :D:D:)

As for the reason, let's just say...I suspect that she is much more generous than she claims to be... :huh::)B)

These would be my two nominations also!

Butterflylady has done a *tremendous* job with the Christmas missions and has brought a ton of cheer to many cachers along the way. :)

fairyhoney is a sweetheart! While I don't *know* of any specifics I agree that there is a lot more beneath the surface... :D

Edited by Sofi and Holmbiorn

A couple of quick nominations....

Castleman

LoriDarling

Tsun

LadyBee4tea

Team Fireboy

Pengo Family

BLUEMOTMOT

Fairyhoney

Roddy

Solan109

Mats from s.p.a.m.

Grodan & fiabus

Hasseper

and about a million other people here!

Everyone on my list has done something special, whether it's just been a friend when I've needed one, shown us kindness of one sort or another, or just become a part of our family.... they all have done something special and touched our lives!

oke now my nominates for people who deserve a little happyniss

Jodi of team fireboy ~ because she deserved a little happyniss

Mischief`s crew ~ because i wish her a big smile on her face

Fairy honey ~ because she is so lovely

Nochipra ~ because i hope she is better soon

Tschakko ~ because he need a smile

Another nomination - not one of the usual. And a caveat so all know, I realize this is a community and there are many deserving folks who frequent these threads. Some are very active, with mission coordination like the recent ones Butterfly Lady has done; some always sharing their lives and events; some who need a boost and then the cointests like Write Shop Robert and Rockin' Roddy....plus so many others.......the list goes on.

But this nomination is for someone who is not one of the better know folks, although they are here a lot. Someone who has a heart of gold (sent my new Granddaughter her first Train Geocoin) and contributes to our local caching community as well as their great community. This caching team has participated in many of the Missions. They live in a smaller rural town in Maine and caching is one way they enjoy learning about the World.

They joined the Geocaching community in July of 2005. Since then they have found 500 caches and done this as a Family! From adult brothers to grandchildren (three generations) and friends, this is truly a family which caches together.

In addition to searching caches - this family has placed and maintained nearly 44 quality caches throughout a diverse geographic area. Not all these caches remain active but each cache was thoughtfully placed and brought people to areas special to this family. 28 caches still exist which is awesome - winter is horrid on caches up here so it is wonderful many have remained and also not been muggled.

The compassion of this family is evidenced by their emersion into the project of Todie's Wild Ride - Bike Awareness Trackables program. This project was extremely meaningful to the Family as one of their local community was lost in a Bike (motorcycle) accident a few years ago. I am sure each Wild Ride TB was created with great thought as I saw one of the tags on one of these bugs.

This family truly loves TBs and geocoins. They use the tracking of the ones which they have released as an educational tool. Through following their trackables they learn about new areas which they might never visit. In addition, they are gathering a collection of coins which each has a special meaning.

In addition to their caching life, they are also active in their community. Poppa of the team is, I believe, in Kiwanis and I know actively involved in their hometown activities. Geocaching has become a way the family can play together when they are not working.

I have never met them at an event, but have on the trail and keep in touch through email. It is my honor to suggest Maine Family as a worthy receipient for one of these coveted coins.

I would like to nominate "Hollora". She has went above and beyond for me to help me get coins I probably would have had a hard time getting. Her help was unexpected and she is one of the most senceriest people I have met on the forums. Oh, and she's really nice too! ;)

Arrow One - thank you very much for the nomination. I am humbled.

There are so many wonderful, thoughtful, generous, sweet coiners out there; but you said for geocaching or geocaching related things, so I'm not going to nominate them ;)

I'd like to nominate dhenninger, he's very active in our local geocaching community (as well as being one of the aforementioned coiners), helping out as much as he can. He used to be president of our local geocaching organization, the NNJC, and is still very involved.

We have an annual weekend long camping event in the early fall. He spent the whole weekend in the kitchen. While the rest of us were out hiking, finding caches and having fun, he was laboring away to make sure we all got fed, and taking care of anything else that needed to be done. When my group got back from our hike reeeeeeellly late for dinner, there was food left over that he'd set aside for us. He even went out of his way to pick up veggie burgers for me (I'm pretty sure I was the only vegetarian there) :unsure:

We have a local cacher by the handle of PeanutButterBreadandJam (yes...the world's longest caching name)

He doesn't collect coins that I know of, but he sure does a lot in terms of creating a Calgary Cachers "identity". He organizes:

CITOs

Christmas Parties

Corporate and Park Services training sessions (just trained the Zoo staff)

Create stickers and labels with our "logo"

Designs coin designs

Liason's with the city about our "adopted" park (Calgary cachers have adopted a giant park right by my house!)

Wow.... just writing this down makes me realize how much he does..... this list isn't even close to complete.

I have never met them at an event, but have on the trail and keep in touch through email. It is my honor to suggest Maine Family as a worthy receipient for one of these coveted coins.

Let me tell you a little bit about this wonderful, caring soul! Many know how hard it's been for me lately, Tod's death, my dad, life in general...well, Joan has made a point to email me periodically to help lift my spirits, to update me to what's going on etc. A very touching lady, Joan is! I cannot express enough how well she leaves me feeling after reading her emails or posts here!!

This is also true for Robert! Write Shop Robert has been there all through the thick and murky days, lifting my spirits, donating coins to me so I can continue to have fun etc. I look forward to his emails just like I do Joan's, these two are awesome people!

Then we have Jodi of Team Fireboy! Another who has been there through the worst of it for me! No matter where she's at, she finds the time to send nice emails and lift my spirits, very touching! I don't know where I'd be without friends like these! She's thoughtful and giving...what a special person, an honor to know her!

And I'd be a bad friend if I didn't tell you about Beverly! LadyBee4T has really been there as well! She's a caring person, a giving person! I emailed her the other night during one of my rougher goes, she sent me her phone number (again, I really need to write things down lol) and told me to call no matter the time (the email I sent was at something like 4am...same as the one I sent Robert). Her help with the Lazy Hayes Days and her dedication to her friends is inspiring!

Now, where would I be without friends like GPX Navigators?? Michele has seen me through some bad times as well, always with a spirit lifting email or gifts or (when I went to the GCF) by making me feel completely at home in the crowd! She made a point to include me in her conversations and ease my fear (I'm not particularly a crowd type person). Her posts here are always great to read!

And one more...Geopigs! Sally is the very first cacher I ever met, she was also the first to send me her phone number after a few DNFs of their cache! Sally moves TONS of TBs, she caringly packages them up and helps them on their travels! She also gives of herself in soooo many way, it's an amazing thing! Her gifts of the volunteer shirts, the prize shirts (total shirt count must have been at least 12 and all custom embroidered by her), other handmade prizes like the glass paperweights and such...WOW! She's also the one who started me in collecting coins by giving me my first and MANY others! How do you think my collection grew so big even though I wasn't able to buy?? ;)

We have a local cacher by the handle of PeanutButterBreadandJam (yes...the world's longest caching name)

He doesn't collect coins that I know of, but he sure does a lot in terms of creating a Calgary Cachers "identity". He organizes:

CITOs

Christmas Parties

Corporate and Park Services training sessions (just trained the Zoo staff)

Create stickers and labels with our "logo"

Designs coin designs

Liason's with the city about our "adopted" park (Calgary cachers have adopted a giant park right by my house!)

Wow.... just writing this down makes me realize how much he does..... this list isn't even close to complete.

I nominate H2Nut. He doesn't post on the forums, but during one of my deployments to Iraq last year, he hosted an event for us while visiting our base. He also provided us with some premade caches to hide as well as set out a few for us after the event.

I also nominate IBCrashen. He very generously sent me my hearts desire. From reading the other posts to this thread he has done this for others as well.

And I'd be a bad friend if I didn't tell you about Beverly! LadyBee4T has really been there as well! She's a caring person, a giving person! I emailed her the other night during one of my rougher goes, she sent me her phone number (again, I really need to write things down lol) and told me to call no matter the time (the email I sent was at something like 4am...same as the one I sent Robert). Her help with the Lazy Hayes Days and her dedication to her friends is inspiring!

Now, where would I be without friends like GPX Navigators?? Michele has seen me through some bad times as well, always with a spirit lifting email or gifts or (when I went to the GCF) by making me feel completely at home in the crowd! She made a point to include me in her conversations and ease my fear (I'm not particularly a crowd type person). Her posts here are always great to read!

These are 2 very deserving people as well. ;):unsure:

LadyBee4T is sooo generous and has such a kind heart. She orangized so many ebay auctions for Tod's family and Rod too. She is a positive person with so many kind words.

GPX is also really nice and generous. We have traded quite a few times and she has so much energy. Another kind soul.