Palm Treo 755 for Paperless Caching

OldA'sFan

You've got a hi-res color screen. Instead of a black & white, text-only, app like cachemate, you might like the Spinner/Plucker solution. The display is very similar to the cache page you're already familiar with.

See this post for a comparison.

The part that seems to be missing with the spinner/plucker solution is the log page. Still need to bring paper to write the log and then go home and type it in. Besides, I have found those really spiffy color screens are a b*tch to read out in the sun.

Jim

You've got a hi-res color screen. Instead of a black & white, text-only, app like cachemate, you might like the Spinner/Plucker solution. The display is very similar to the cache page you're already familiar with.

See this post for a comparison.

The part that seems to be missing with the spinner/plucker solution is the log page. Still need to bring paper to write the log and then go home and type it in. Besides, I have found those really spiffy color screens are a b*tch to read out in the sun.

Jim

I log it on the same PDA that I'm running the Plucker Viewer on. Most PDAs have a Note or Memo function. A little Greasemonkey magic pops open the log page for each cache, sets the date, sets the log type, and inserts the log text into the edit box. Works just like field notes, except that it handles date changes correctly. ;)

It's still in test phase, and I'm still running it through its paces, but it will be available for download within the week.