Formable latex where can I get some

I've not placed any caches yet but, have started building my hide arsenal. For one of my Evil Genius ideas I need some of that mixable/pourable/paintable latex rubber. Anybody know where I can purchase that stuff?

Go to an adult book store. They usually keep it next to the inflatable sheep.

I've not placed any caches yet but, have started building my hide arsenal. For one of my Evil Genius ideas I need some of that mixable/pourable/paintable latex rubber. Anybody know where I can purchase that stuff?

What he said is probably true, but you can get it cheaper at Hobby Lobby or other arts and crafts stores.

I didn't even know they made inflatable sheep.

Most arts & crafts store carry Latex molding paste, which drys/hardens to a rubbery mold.. I used

Castin Craft Mold Builder, to create a few concrete rock cache containers.. (See Example URL, Michael's Arts & Crafts)

You basicly have to build the mold in layers, so it may take a few days (nearly a week) to create one..

Stephen (gelfling6)

Re: Doctor J. Remind me to never let you near any of my kid caches. :huh:

I didn't even know they made inflatable sheep.

They are for urban dwellers, and those who don't look sporting in a kilt. :D

As an R&D scientist who often needs to fabricate prototypes of, and, for components for devices under development, and who therefore uses such products regularly, here are my suggestions:

A great many people are allergic to latex, and this includes mere handling of latex molded objects, and hence, I recommend using silicone rubber mold compounds; these are usually sold as two-part compounds, with varying setting times ranging from 5 minutes to four hours. You will also want a spray can of silicone mold release spray, for spraying on the inner surfaces of the mold. These products are usually sold by crafts and theatrical supply vendors and distributors, and are often called silicone rubber mold compounds or silicone rubber mold-making compounds. My favorite online vendor for such products is Smooth-on, located in eastern PA.

The above-listed silicone rubber molding products, will, much like latex products, remain somewhat flexible after curing. If you desire a product which will be formable but which will later dry to a hard and rigid shape, then you want mixable/pourable plastic mixes, available from the same vendors.

Now there's another good idea. But if you use an inflatable sheep for your hidey hole, wouldn't you need to secure it down? It gets windy out in the field and you couldn't have your hiding place blowing around the countryside...