geo - dating

UKCacheMag

I wonder if we'll see the caching version of the obvious gold-digger ad... something like:

Single cacher, some finds, seeks experienced cacher for partnership, account sharing, and maybe more

Maybe I'm lucky, Mrs Tisri is mostly accommodating towards caching, although doesn't like urban micros much.

I agree, plenty of fish is full of wierdo's. Avoid the place. It's really opened my eyes to how genuinely "unusual" some people are ;)

I bet they think we are wierd looking for tuperware and film canisters :mad:

Definately full of wierdos - they delete my messages unread and I haven't even mentioned my hobbies :):lol:

Back to old fashioned method then :(

Me is detecting a hint of desperation, not an attractive feature.

I myself have had bad experiences from plentyoffish.com and after recovering from a bad relationship and learning how to be happy with the life I had, Mrs Perfect came along and swept me off my feet, I wasn't a geocacher at the time, but, she accompanies me on my caching travels, she is my soul mate.

My advice is, stop looking and someone will come along.

Here's a thought from a female who's single and NOT looking for a geocaching buddy. Who gets to control the GPS? I can't help wondering if the girl who complained of being cold, wet and muddy was just thinking that if she were at home watching TV, at least she'd be warm. A GPS does look a little like a remote control and we know how you guys like to keep hold of them!

If you lead the way with the GPS it won't be quite so much fun for whoever's trailing behind.

:)

god, not very good at this dating thing are we....i am still single tooooo :)

Not as bad as I'd be - I've been out of practice for getting on for 40 years.

We solved the "Who holds the GPS" problem. We have two.

Yup went down that route too or three actually counting them all its 5 now!

Although had I had my thinking head on I should have kept it at on then I could have followed and admired the view :)

I'm single, and while I'm not LOOKING for "another half" if it happens, it'd be nice... my only stipulation is that they have to either be a cacher, or be very open to the idea of caching...

I'd hate to be like some of my geo-friends who have found another half, but they just don't get caching, and so my friends have ended up ditching caching.. never never never!!!!

Edited by HazelS

I'm single, and while I'm not LOOKING for "another half" if it happens, it'd be nice... my only stipulation is that they have to either be a cacher, or be very open to the idea of caching...

I'd hate to be like some of my geo-friends who have found another half, but they just don't get caching, and so my friends have ended up ditching caching.. never never never!!!!

what happened to being 6' plus?

"Seeking gorgeous, nymphomaniac brewery heiress with a penchant for cooking, giving killer massages and a sports nut to boot. If you don't quite fit the whole bill, I can make minor exceptions eg. - might consider substituting a vineyard heiress for a brewery heiress, or if you only give average massages but have a hot Swedish girlfriend that likes to assist you."

Regards,

Neil

Earns more than you... I'm *sure* there were five or six criteria! ;-)

LOL - it's true that I DO like my men tall, and money isn't an issue... but you're right, there WERE about 5 or 6 criteria, but I've chilled out a bit in my old age!!!

"Seeking gorgeous, nymphomaniac brewery heiress with a penchant for cooking, giving killer massages and a sports nut to boot. If you don't quite fit the whole bill, I can make minor exceptions eg. - might consider substituting a vineyard heiress for a brewery heiress, or if you only give average massages but have a hot Swedish girlfriend that likes to assist you."

Not fussy then :D

Not fussy then :D

Not me speaking! SWMBO (apart of course from being gorgeous, and having moments of baking excellence) fits none of the above criteria.

In fact I managed to thoroughly annoy her yesterday by diving into the bushes looking for a cache when we were supposed to be having a walk. I nearly got KILLED TO DETH!

Regards,

Neil

I met my girlfriend not through geocaching, but an internet dating site. Whilst we were getting to know each other, I of course mentioned that I do geocaching and explained what it is, and she thought it sounded like fun.

We've had a few dates that involved geocaching, including a lovely walk around some local woods to do a new series with a picnic half way, and we went to the 10 year event at Tintagel.

My girlfriend was from Plentyoffish as well, and first time I've met someone from there, but like you said, I did have to send lots of e-mails and ended up with 1 line replies back such as "Hi how are you" or no replies at all.

I did use Love@Lycos since 2001, but it was a complete waste of time, and no wonder they went bust.

Keep your fingers crossed. It could happen any day...

I started geocaching in 2003. I went to Scotland's first CITO in May 2005 and met Jack Aubrey. Five years of fun together (and lots of caching!) and we are getting married next month. :):)

You can even see the announcement on Haggis Hunter's video of 10 Years! Edinburgh

Keep your fingers crossed. It could happen any day...

I started geocaching in 2003. I went to Scotland's first CITO in May 2005 and met Jack Aubrey. Five years of fun together (and lots of caching!) and we are getting married next month. :):)

You can even see the announcement on Haggis Hunter's video of 10 Years! Edinburgh

Congratulations! and best wishes for a brilliant future together....