geo - dating

UKCacheMag

A bit like This cache then?

Had lots of fun with this one!

Seriously though... there are lots of couples who have met through caching, I can think of 3 without even thinking, so I'm sure there must be tonnes more out there!

I'd suggest to you that you keep on eventing, get to know the locals and then perhaps even next summer come camping with us all - there's quite a large group of hardened campers, and you could probably geo camp every weekend of the summer and still not run out of events!

You never know where you might meet the girl of your dreams.

Edited by HazelS

This could be an entire new type of cache, you could have prospective girlfriends/boy friends at different co-ords and you have to find them a sort of multi-love cache - not sure about the FTF though :huh:

The FTF would be OK, I am more concerned what the "cache" will be like say 10 or 20 "entries" down the log!! :huh:

I'd suggest to you that you keep on eventing, get to know the locals and then perhaps even next summer come camping with us all - there's quite a large group of hardened campers, and you could probably geo camp every weekend of the summer and still not run out of events!

Definitely a good move... worked for me, and it was only a 15 minute event! :huh:

I certainly think installing yourself as a Travel Bug has potential: one up from a geo-dog perhaps. You could insist that to be logged you have to be in the hands of some other geocacher for a required period of time. However in the spirit of geocaching travel bus, I'm not sure you could decline to be grabbed. Of course there are some who might wish to upload photos of the travel bug, so you'd need to consider how to manage that.

It is of course a trifle unfair if a TB never is actually resident in a cache so you might wish to declare your domicile as a giant cache and finding the TB in the cache would then become a slightly more extensive version of rootling through all the McToys. Access to the cache doesnt have to be all 24 hours and you could of course be a member only cache, but whether that is a successful filter remains debatable. You could declare your personage itself to be the logbook and get yourself signed but I suggest that you'd need to have those signatures tatooed otherwise they might fade too quickly and too many would falsely claim a first to find.

If you yourself were the logbook, you could might wish to consider how you would manage logbook replacement.

I know of many single male and female cachers so the next issue to be discussed would what would happen if any pairing became hitched. Could you log two TBs or caches for the price of one. If you were a conjoined cache and one half was archived what would happen to the other half. I'm sure GSP has a set of procedures for that one.

On further consideration this is truly a geo-minefield and I suggest emailing MTN and MissJenn for formal guidance on how to proceed, perhaps avoiding Keystone who tends to have a very formalistic outlook :huh:

.....I can think of 3 without even thinking....... :laughing:

There is a flip side.... I can think of more than a couple of relationships that have broken up as a fairly direct result of geocaching and geocaching events :D

Know what you mean here Jon, my thought on this, is don't let others interfere, just keep your relationship personal to yourself, and DON'T let caching get in the way.

.....I can think of 3 without even thinking....... :rolleyes:

There is a flip side.... I can think of more than a couple of relationships that have broken up as a fairly direct result of geocaching and geocaching events :laughing:

Know what you mean here Jon, my thought on this, is don't let others interfere, just keep your relationship personal to yourself, and DON'T let caching get in the way.

The difference between ANY relationship and geocaching is that when you have a puzzle cache, ALL of the puzzles can eventually be solved. :D

I'd suggest to you that you keep on eventing, get to know the locals and then perhaps even next summer come camping with us all.

Can definitely recommend the camping - worked for me! :rolleyes:

Yep - it's surprising what you'll find lying around in a Dorset field......

m'wahahahahahaha........ :D:laughing:

I'd suggest to you that you keep on eventing, get to know the locals and then perhaps even next summer come camping with us all.

Can definitely recommend the camping - worked for me! :rolleyes:

m'wahahahahahaha........ :D:laughing:

what was she doing lying down in a dorset field :lol:

Can definitely recommend the camping - worked for me! :P

m'wahahahahahaha........ :D:D

what was she doing lying down in a dorset field :P

Trying to hide, but he still found her!! :)

what was she doing lying down in a dorset field :P

Trying to hide, but he still found her!! :)

What do you expect from a cacher...

what was she doing lying down in a dorset field :)

Trying to hide, but he still found her!! :D

What do you expect from a cacher...

err maybe hiding a box :P

I'll add my twopenneth in...

Single white female, 29, based in SE London, 50 caches to her name seeks similar male for GPSr based fun, frolics and poking in holes with sticks.

Apply within!

You forgot to include cute :)

(Adverts with a picture typically receive much more interest...):

81be2ee2-1cb6-488b-8365-4c8ecb8f330b.jpg

you on the left or the right of the pic?

the camping is a good idea as long as you dont mind a girl who by the end of it

is muddy

possiably smells bad depending on the camp site (tdw)

will most likley be a little merry by 6 in the afternoon

and instead of a nice meal out would rather go out in the pitch black and poring rain to find some tupperwere.

though no need to buy flowers as plastic boxes are just as romantic.

the camping is a good idea as long as you dont mind a girl who by the end of it

is muddy

possiably smells bad depending on the camp site (tdw)

will most likley be a little merry by 6 in the afternoon

and instead of a nice meal out would rather go out in the pitch black and poring rain to find some tupperwere.

though no need to buy flowers as plastic boxes are just as romantic.

lmn

Ok, ok, so last Saturday was a bad day. I don't think I had my cacher's eyes in. Either that or cching round West London on an Easter Saturday was a bad idea.

Look right, at least 2 of my DNFs have been confirmed as missing in action. It's not all my fault. Just most of it!

LOL - LMN has hit the nail on the head!

What I find hilarious is when we go somewhere and dress up - people are always amazed that we own heels, skirts, makeup, hair straighteners....

Honestly though - many a relationship has been forged on camping event campsites!

Hazel, you know you take those with you !!!! :unsure: