WTB: Replacement for my stolen eTrex

FreeFloat

Yesterday, my truck was broken into and among the other things stolen (jtwo car cell phone chargers, and a radio iPod transmitter) was my 4-years old, scratched up yellow basic Garmin eTrex

I never had a cable for it - I would manually input all my waypoints.

Ironically, a few months ago during a period of intense boredom while at work, I actually recorded (on paper) all my waypoints..... several pages of them. So I haven't even lost those.

I'm pissed at the audacity of random (probably juvenile) burglars who would break into someone's car and not even take the more valuable stuff.... not as though that makes it any better, but at least if more valuable/saleable items were taken, that would suggest it was a more "organized" crime, rather than a random "bored-opportunitstic-kid-passing-by" kind of thing.

But I digress.

I'd take a yellow, green, or blue eTrex as a replacement... I don't care how "pretty" or how dinged-up it is as long as it WORKS. I'm (obviously) looking to keep costs down as this wasn't exactly a foreseeable expense :huh: I live in Toronto, but make occasional forays into Kingston so either location works as far as picking a GPS up... further that that, I'd be looking at paying for shipping.

If any of you cachers out there have recently upgraded - or if you will be upgrading for Christmas and already know it - please consider offering your older GPS to a needy cacher.....

Man, it must be the season or something. Our car was broken in to Saturday night and they took our yellow eTrex, too... no cables for it, just a piece of crap old gps that had no maps or any other bells and whistles and was good only to us or maybe another cacher, and they took our TomTom, too.

It really pisses me off that the scum of the earth out there makes those of us who are good people into their target.

Hang in there, you've got my sympathy!

Naomi