Mega Events in Canada 2009 2010?

murfster

Not a MEGA but it is going to be a good time

August 21-23 2009

Atlantic Canada Geofest Crew presents Caching on the Mira River

3rd annual Altlantic weekend event will be held at Mira River Porvincial Park on Cape Btreton Island

Nova Scotia.

not far from Sydney NS and a wonderful park for camping and fun

Come Join us

We are the local host as the Atlantic Geofest Crew is from the mainland, this event will likely bring out a lot

of cachers, There will be lots of cache related activities all weekend.

More info later

That is a good question Murfster.

I would be interested in knowing any events that may be planned for the east coast in July of 2009. My husband and I are planning on going camping out east with our teenage daughters this coming summer. We have not decided on a date but it will be either the two weeks in the middle of July or the last two weeks of July.

It would be good to know what is planned out there before we make a decision on dates.

I've heard rumblings of a potential Mega in NS in 2010 for the 10th anniversary - I think someone told us this summer when were visiting the east coast. I hope that wasn't a secret that I was supposed to keep, but it seems like the logical event for the 10th ann. of the first hide in Canada! Let's not have it at the cache location though :D . Crikey I still remember the bushwack in to find it - through the water, scrambling up the hill, wondering which route everyone else used, muttering about the terrain rating and then we found the easy way out :laughing: . A PERFECT example of caching and it started right there with numero uno!

There is the Tulameen Coal Rally Event this May in BC that is attracting a LOT of attention, so for starts you could come west for the late spring caching in 2009 and then go east for 2010 and the 10th party in NS.

I've heard rumblings of a potential Mega in NS in 2010 for the 10th anniversary - I think someone told us this summer when were visiting the east coast.

Oo, that would be sweet. My wife and I have been wanting to go to the east coast for years now and that would be a perfect reason. (It might mean I don't have the budget for Geowoodstock VIII, but that would be a suitable trade-off.)

Sort of related for you early planners The GPS Adventure Maze is going to be in Kitchener next year.

» Sept. 19, 2009 - Jan. 3, 2010 - The Children's Museum

Located in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, The Children's Museum of Waterloo Region is five levels of exciting exhibits that combine art, science and technology for people of every age to explore. Learn more about The Children's Museum

So when is Octoberfest... ( Yes !!!! .. I know.. but WHEN in October? )

Great chance for an event (s) :D

Murfster

We're going for a visit 'home' at the end of July 2010 so it would be cool if we could somehow tie it in with a visit to New Scotland (NS) on the way.... :D

Can someone go snoop on ACGA and see if I was dreaming...

I am going to snoop but there was a rumour during the last Geofest of a great gathering,

It would be nice

I will pass the word on .

But take note of the post above

Cheers

We're going for a visit 'home' at the end of July 2010 so it would be cool if we could somehow tie it in with a visit to New Scotland (NS) on the way.... :D

Can someone go snoop on ACGA and see if I was dreaming...

I am going to snoop but there was a rumour during the last Geofest of a great gathering,

It would be nice

I will pass the word on .

But take note of the post above

Cheers