Cacheing in the Caribbean

SHBLCache

Hi all!

I work at a resort in the Caribbean and we were thinking about doing a couple of GC's so that our guests would have another activity to do. I was reading some of the rules about commercial caches and didn't know if ours would fall under that rule.

We are going to do them on our nature walks and maybe a couple underwater since we are a scuba resort. You wouldn't have to be a guest here to come look for them. We are the only scuba shop in the area though so if people wanted to look for the underwater ones, they would have to dive through us unless they had their own boat and equipment.

What do you veterans think of this?

Any comments would be very appreciated! Thanks!

Assuming the "Nature Walks" are accessible to the public for free, and as long as you don't advertise your resort (or scuba shop) in the description and on the cache itself, then you should not have any problems.

But if the container is on your property and only accessible if people pay to take your tours (or pay to stay there) then you'll be in violation of the "commercial" guidelines.

Wow! Carribean and caching together - where do I sign up?? That sounds like Heaven on earth to me :huh:

I think it is an awesome idea. What a great way for cachers to enjoy their vacation, and a way to introduce new members to the hobby/sport/obsession.

Having snorkeled a million times, but only one scuba dive (in Maui, and I was so lucky to do so) I think it would be areal hoot to dive for a cache.