COINTEST-Post your favorite Christmas Ornaments

Eric K

Hello to all!

Unfortunatelly I do not have any photos to show of my favorite Christmas ornament! ;)

It was the favorite tree ball of the family! It was a big glass ball we used to put in our tree! It was not a new one! My mother bought it in 1955!!! She was not even married yet!!!! Actually she was only 15 years old and it was the first ball she bought!!!

Every year this ball was the first ball to be put on the tree! My mother was puting this ball, as a tradition, so we could start decorating the tree!

Such a beautiful ball!!! We kept it like a treasure!!

Unfortunatelly things are not always good! :D

On July we had a big earthquacke in Rhodes! We didn't realized anything until now, that we opened the boxes with the decorations for the Christmas tree! the ball was broken!!!! :ph34r:

No more stories and adventures for this ball!

After so many years.... :lol:

Maybe in the future we will have something else as a favorite Christmas ornament! Maybe...

In case I find an old photo of a tree, I will post it to show you the ball!

thank you for the cointest and Mery Christmas to all of you!!!! B)

If you still have the pieces, you can put them inside of a new clear glass ball, and cintinue to hang that one?? I have often given gifts of a clear glass ball with some special trinkets dropped inside.

Oh! Unfortunatelly my mother throw the pieces away! :P I wish I knew that earlier!!!

the pieces were very sharp and dangerous, so...

Eric, Thanks for the great cointest and congratulations to the winners. It was really generous of you to offer 3 prizes. It is also very touching that Honeyhick offered their coin to another contestant. What a great group this is! Merry Christmas to all!

Thanks, it was fun!

Also, winners (and da funky frogs) please contact me via profile or PM so I can get your mailing address.

Thanks,

Eric

Congradulations to all the winners of their stories and pictures that everyone shared. They were all wonderful. Thanks Erik for the cointest. Happy Holidays from our house to yours.

Maybe instead of posting so nicely here feel free to post what you sent me privately in regards to this cointest.

OH WOW!!! I WON?!?!?! ITS BEEN A CRAZY HOLLIDAY ,,SORRY FOR MY LATENESS!!

I thank you very much for liking our prize items to put on our tree,,,by the way this years was,, noel spelled out,,,I will post a pic soon, and will send ya an e-mail right away!! thank you again and thank everyone, for your comments!! :rolleyes: yippie!! I won one!!!