how to create a specail container for a cache

MREAGLEWO1

Bondo works wonders on changing the shape of a cache container.

I never thought of it before, but that's a great idea and very cheap, too. Do you paint it or die the putty? What would you use to mix the color of the putty? Can you get it in different colors? How does it hold up outside in the elements?

Primer and paint just like automotive body repair (you might be able to dye it with acrylic dye but I wouldn't know) and it will hold up better than on a car because your not subjecting it to vibration and other road conditions. Of course I'm also discounting rough cachers.

I would reinforce it using hardware cloth.

Fiberglass isn't that much harder to work with and you can get dyes for it (not cheap).

Bondo has held up real well. I paint it with cheap acrylic craft paint. Couple caches going on several years with no sign of wear on them. Paint has held up well also. Bondo is easy cheap and quick. Rough it up as it is drying gives a great texture. Proper painting can make it look like bark, dirt clods or dog poo.... Smash cotton balls in it let it dry then pick most the cotton off for a molding fuzzy texture.