MapSource for Macintosh

If this topic has been discussed, I apologize. I've searched the Internet for an answer to my question and have found very little on this subject. About a year ago, I switched from a pc to an iMac. I've been anxiously waiting for a fully functional MapSource product that will run on my Mac and can be used with my Map60CS. I'm really not interested in running the helper programs and the data conversion from pc to Macintosh. While shopping at Sportsman's Warehouse I noticed a new MapSource Topo for Mac. Is this software capable of transferring the map data to my 60CS without downloading and using the helper programs designed for Macintosh? If I purchase the software, is it all I'll need to use it as I do with the pc version?

I'd appreciate feedback from fellow Mac users.

Thanks for the help.

If this topic has been discussed, I apologize. I've searched the Internet for an answer to my question and have found very little on this subject. About a year ago, I switched from a pc to an iMac. I've been anxiously waiting for a fully functional MapSource product that will run on my Mac and can be used with my Map60CS. I'm really not interested in running the helper programs and the data conversion from pc to Macintosh. While shopping at Sportsman's Warehouse I noticed a new MapSource Topo for Mac. Is this software capable of transferring the map data to my 60CS without downloading and using the helper programs designed for Macintosh? If I purchase the software, is it all I'll need to use it as I do with the pc version?

I'd appreciate feedback from fellow Mac users.

Thanks for the help.

Others more "in-the-know" will chime in before noon tomorrow, that said I would believe that if the original

Garmin packaging says 'Macintosh' than I would be inclined to believe it.

Look here :

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331421

Mapinstall for mac will do what you want. If a mapsource product says Mac on it then that would mean the 'conversion' from pc based files to mac based files has already been done so you just need to install and load. You will also need Garmin's 'road trip' software to get more of the mapsource functionality with regards to editing and moving tracks.