Cointest and other coin mailings will be delayed...

mousekakat

As I mentioned in my cointest thread we have had a little family stuff pop in and disrupt life here, but this weekend it was even further disrupted.

If I owe anyone a coin in the mail right now, please be patient. I'm fine, my family is fine, we had a member get a little sick on Thursday, and we had some VERY unexpected news come on Tuesday to us (happy news, though, VERY happy news, just unexpected) and those were disuptive enough.

The WORST part is this, though. We were in Stockholm for the weekend for an event we HAD to go to since we were the ones hosting it and couldn't get out of it.

Someone broke into our car. They stole BOTH our gps's, the TomTom AND the eTrex that Roddy had sent us that finally had us using a handheld after more than a year of using the TomTom to cache with. They broke the passenger window and did a sweep of the glove box where we had them put away at. They took them, all my US cd's that I'll have trouble replacing, a batter charger for the car that was loaded with 4 rechargables, and a few other things.

We're angry, heartbroken, upset, and frustrated.

On the bright side, though, ALL my coin collection was in my car in the back of it and they didn't take my coins. Had they taken those as well, I don't know what I would have done!

In any case, though, please give me and my family a few days to get our feet back under us. I promise I'll get anything owed sent out and get that cointest judged ASAP! I'll try to get it done by tomorrow!

Naomi :D

Why don't you post this in the cointest thread?

Because it's not just related to the cointest. I have some trades and other things outstanding, as well and I figured it would be better to post one thing instead of tracking down each thing.

Haven't you ever had something rotten happen LadeB where you don't particularly feel like expending extra energy on crap like that or defending your actions?

Naomi

Yup and I don't feel it necessary to air my personal issues in a public forum. I deal with it privately.

Well it certainly seems you have a personal issue with Naomi's post; take you own advice and don't say anything if you don't have something nice to say.

I'm not owed anything by you, Naomi, but as an observer on the issue, I applaud you for making it known rather than putting it off waiting for people to email you as many others have.

I'm not owed anything by you, Naomi, but as an observer on the issue, I applaud you for making it known rather than putting it off waiting for people to email you as many others have.

Wow - agreed 100 percent!

With so many other threads about people being ripped off of coins they bought or otherwise had coming to them, I too applaud Naomi for posting this thread.

We all say we want better communication around coin sales and cointests so I don't see the logic in being critical of someone for doing just that. :D

I am sorry to hear about your problems. I hope that by now the police have found the person and has hung them by their privates. Unfortunately your stuff has probably been for drugs or small change to someone else within hours.

I hope you can get over this and get back to living your life.

I really hope things work out for you.

kf4oox - Paul

Hi, Naomi --

THANK YOU for taking the time to let everyone know what's up. Congrats on your very good news and condolences for the break-in. I've had that happen to me, too, and understand how very frustrating it is. But thank goodness they didn't get your coins!

Hang in there and hugs to the family. : )

There isn't much I hate more than a low down scum suckin' thief! :huh::huh:

We've had thieves hit us twice.

Once they broke into my car and made off with a complete stereo system, case of around 100 cassette tapes, a gold necklace I had looped over my gear shifter, and an ash tray full of spare change.

Another time we had them break into a storage building we had rented to keep our stuff in while we moved into an apartment for a while. 10 years worth of Christmas decorations that we had aquired (including all the stuff our daughter had made in grade school! :D ), all of our camping equipment, a set of antique dishes that my wife's great-grandmother had left her, my wife's Elvis collection (books, newspaper clippings, original LP's, ...), my NASCAR car collection (only about 10 cars and a couple of signed pics, but still MINE!), all of my daughter's baby clothes (including the antique lace gown she wore home from the hospital), my wife's jr & sr prom dresses and her wedding gown, all of the furniture that we used in my daughter's nursery (crib, changing table, rocker, and wardrobe), and an engine & transmission from a car I was rebuilding.

all my US cd's that I'll have trouble replacing

Which ones were they? Maybe us US folks could help you here? ;)

D-man B)

all my US cd's that I'll have trouble replacing

Which ones were they? Maybe us US folks could help you here?

well mabie- :huh:

Ill send ya an e-mail---were not labled-DJ.J.ROCK- for nothing...... :huh:

and as a suprize package said today for me-

-tiss the season--fa la la la la- and all that jazz!!! :D

Well, I have been in touch with Naomi and gotta tell ya, she is a dear - She knows I don't live in Texas! Here is what she wrote - in case anyone can help ~ "Unfortunately, unless you live in Texas it might be hard to find them, it's a Tex-Mex style music called tejano!!"

Man, I don't know but sounds like a design for a new trackable geocoin to me! :huh: I can just see a signal dancing around a piece of sage brush and an ammo can!

Hope someone can help.

Well, I have been in touch with Naomi and gotta tell ya, she is a dear - She knows I don't live in Texas! Here is what she wrote - in case anyone can help ~ "Unfortunately, unless you live in Texas it might be hard to find them, it's a Tex-Mex style music called tejano!!"

Man, I don't know but sounds like a design for a new trackable geocoin to me! :huh: I can just see a signal dancing around a piece of sage brush and an ammo can!

Hope someone can help.

Tell her to read her e-mail I sent her and also Ill see what I can do about "tejano"

Hope someone can help.

Tell her to read her e-mail I sent her and also Ill see what I can do about "tejano"

off the top of my head i have some newer stuff like los lonely boys,,or selina,I can probably get stuff from

La Mafia, Roberto Pulido, Laura Canales, David Marez, Xelencia, La Fiebre, La Sombra, Culturas, Elsa Garcia, Gary Hobbs, Fama, Pete Astudillo, Ram Herrera, La Diferenzia, Patsy Torres, Michael Salgado, Intocable, Los Palominos, Jennifer Peña

I need more clairty as to mabie names of who she likes. :huh:

AHHHH! My dirty little secret is out! I like accordion cumbia/polka music with a Mexican influence! I'm so embarassed, lolol!!!

Yes, that was part of my beloved cd collection that was stolen and the part that is hardest to replace since it's such 'niche' music! I grew up listening to it, my grandparents are Mexican American, and when I was younger I absolutely hated it, but as I grew up, I learned to appreciate it and then even love it. It's happy music, great beat, makes ya tap your toes and feel energetic.... even if the lyrics ARE totally sappy, lol!

Fortunately, though, most of the stuff I can replace. It's a few of my Tejano cd's and my soundtrack for The Fifth Element that I'm having trouble finding on the net.

Many, many thanks to the wonderful people here for such kind words! They make a huge difference and make you have renewed faith in the world after something crappy happens to ya like this! You are all some incredible people!

Oh, and for the good news... well, in about 34 weeks, that is if all goes well THIS time around, we'll have an announcement to make... :huh:. That's all I'm gonna say about that :D. But shhhh, it's supposed to be a secret!

Naomi :huh:

Oh, and for the good news... well, in about 34 weeks, that is if all goes well THIS time around, we'll have an announcement to make... :huh:. That's all I'm gonna say about that :D. But shhhh, it's supposed to be a secret!

SQUEEEE! Baby! : ) : ) : ) I mean, I infer nothing from your mathematical hint. ; ) I look forward to your announcement!

Edited by Jackalgirl

AHHHH! My dirty little secret is out! I like accordion cumbia/polka music with a Mexican influence! I'm so embarassed, lolol!!!

Oh, Naomi - I am sorry........I hope it was ok I spilled the beans.......but hey - nothing wrong with liking all kinds of music. I have often thought the youth who only listended to - or were exposed to one kind of music were loosing something.

Now, I hope you read some of the posts and your email, cause one of our own who is a DJ is going to try and help you! I know DJ's have some of the best connections! Just connect with the info they asked for and I bet you will be surprised.

Now, as for the mathematics................I seemed to have a crystal call here and in it I see...................... ;)

:D:D:huh: anyone intrested in what I do can google my caching name and it should bring up a few pages of my work,,or play I should say- I do many things with music, so try to find something you will enjoy,,all my stuff can be downloaded at any time, ,,and dont forget the periods on both sides of the J.. most is geared for a younger croud but some is not..enjoy

Naomi--May your smiles travel from one person to another, you will have bigger hills ahead,,this was just a bump....

Oh, and for the good news... well, in about 34 weeks, that is if all goes well THIS time around, we'll have an announcement to make... :). That's all I'm gonna say about that :D. But shhhh, it's supposed to be a secret!

Naomi :)

Oh, Naomi - I am sorry........I hope it was ok I spilled the beans.......but hey - nothing wrong with liking all kinds of music. I have often thought the youth who only listended to - or were exposed to one kind of music were loosing something.

Now, I hope you read some of the posts and your email, cause one of our own who is a DJ is going to try and help you! I know DJ's have some of the best connections! Just connect with the info they asked for and I bet you will be surprised.

Now, as for the mathematics................I seemed to have a crystal call here and in it I see...................... :)

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

Hehehe, It's ok, Hollora, lol! I'm being silly more than anything!

DJ... you truly do rock in more than one way!

No one send me any coins, I'm fine and my coin collection made it...although Micke picked on me when I sent him an SMS while I was in the apartment and he was at the car taking inventory asking him if my coins were ok... he laughed and called me a TRUE coin nerd...not concerned about the car, but danged worried about my collection! Hey, I've got my priorities straight, right :)

I really am blessed with the people on this forum. Even the ones that seem to be a little sour at times, because they help remind me to stay grounded and to smile :). Everyone here has their own contribution one way or another that helps bind us all together in good times and bad as a family of sorts... even if we ARE a bit dysfunctional at times, lol!

Nuff said... all I can say now is thanks again for all the well wishes and smiles and for helping me feel a bit better about the crap events as of late and helping me remember to smile, that there are wonderful people out there!

Naomi :D

Hehehe, It's ok, Hollora, lol! I'm being silly more than anything!

DJ... you truly do rock in more than one way!

No one send me any coins, I'm fine and my coin collection made it...although Micke picked on me when I sent him an SMS while I was in the apartment and he was at the car taking inventory asking him if my coins were ok... he laughed and called me a TRUE coin nerd...not concerned about the car, but danged worried about my collection! Hey, I've got my priorities straight, right :unsure:

I really am blessed with the people on this forum. Even the ones that seem to be a little sour at times, because they help remind me to stay grounded and to smile :yikes:. Everyone here has their own contribution one way or another that helps bind us all together in good times and bad as a family of sorts... even if we ARE a bit dysfunctional at times, lol!

Nuff said... all I can say now is thanks again for all the well wishes and smiles and for helping me feel a bit better about the crap events as of late and helping me remember to smile, that there are wonderful people out there!

Naomi ;)

I know I have the Fith Element sountrack somewhere and I don't even listen to it anymore. If I am able to locate it, I would be more than happy to give it to ya!

OK, I'm sorry for any problems that may have happened to delay your mailings, but this thread has now run off course, and what needed to be explained was explained in the first post. The rest is off topic for geocoins so I am clsoing it. Good luck with getting your things back.

One of our fellow forums users has suggested that before I close this, I should take this opportunity to mention that we can all learn a valuable lesson here about leaving our personal belongings in the car, locked or unlocked. A locked door will not keep thieves out, so don't leave anything in plain sight, use your trunk if you have one, and hide everything, or take it with you.

Losing a GPS and Palm and things like that can really cramp your caching style!

Thank you for the suggestion, it is a good lesson, one I learned long ago. Locked doors don't keep them out.

Edited by Eartha