Logging multiple finds using the field notes generator/ colorado/ oregon, etc.

Gadget Girl

Okay, so i am trying out the new cache logging thing where you upload all your field notes into the GC.com "access my field" notes section. I am wondering if there could be an empty box at the end of each field note (like on a cache search page) that we could then put a check mark into. We would click off as many as we wanted to upload, then click one LOG THEM button, and it would go in a log all them with a FIND, the DATE, and the NOTES we wrote ... ALL AT ONCE, rather than one at a time. Some caches, you need to drop a TB or add a waypoint or something, but for the simple FOUND, DATE, LOG ones it would be nice to get them all to go up with 2-3 clicks for a group, rather than individually.

Is this possible? Is this in the works?

Even if it didn't happen instantly, but that you could walk away from the computer while its processing them all one at a time, without have to click, reload, click wait for page to reload, click, wait, etc. That would be so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every now and then I go out and "power cache" 50-100+ caches, the field notes thingy is helpful, but it sure can use some improvements!

I just ordered my new OREGON, I can't wait!!!!!

Tanya

aka: Gadget Girl

Entering logs/comments on the CO or OR is rather tedious. Anything more than a couple words would be very time consuming.

If you are suggesting logging them all with a "Quick Find, TFTC", as a cache owner, I would be insulted if you did that en masse. Assuming the cache is more than a LPC, the cache owner deserves a decent log.

Just my 2 cents.

I like the field notes the way they are. Gives me the log links in chronological order and I can take the time to write something meaningful.

I own 14 active caches, i wouldn't mind a bulk logging feature, i think it would be okay if it logged each cache with your field notes, TNLNSL's or whatever it may be and then have you manually go back to the caches that you made notes in the field for whether that may be maintenance, swag trades, dropping TB's adding photos, experience or whatever. Sure as a cache owner we enjoy reading the logs and all but why restrict making geocaching as easy as possible for everyone, it shouldnt be a hassle.

I use the SMS TextMarks version of the Field Notes, because I can text a few quick words, unlike with my colorado, which is very difficult to type even a few letters on. This has made my logs much more meaningful, because the number of caches I can remember details about between the name and a few words I send helps me remember almost every cache I have done, even on a long run.

I own 30 or so caches... I would hate having bulk logs like that!

Nothing worse then a group coming through the area and hitting 50 of my caches with each member of the group posting something like: "#24 of 52 today - was with the group from xxxxxx including yyyy and zzzz" - I just don't need to read that 150 times for the weekend.

Take the time to write something individual for each cache and the experience you had with it including condition of the cache. Thats not too much to ask - is it??

I use texts to note caches that way and many of them very informative and even lengthy. Just because one is typing on a phone, etc., doesn't automatically make their logs lame and short. I fully understand wanting to be able to not have to reload each and every page when the log is already completely written. I don't think the OP was talking about bulk logging, just bulk uploading.