A Simple Question about Tracking Bugs

DarthJustice

Hey everyone, I'm still relatively new to geocaching. I've only found three geocaches so far, none of which have included tracking bugs yet (although I do know some close by that have at least one). Since I'm still new, there's something I need to find out about involving TBs.

I know the rule for the general trinkets and whatnot is if you take one, you should leave something of equal or great value in return.

But when you take just a tracking bug, are you supposed to do the same? I may be wrong in thinking that we are, but I want to know for sure.

Hey everyone, I'm still relatively new to geocaching. I've only found three geocaches so far, none of which have included tracking bugs yet (although I do know some close by that have at least one). Since I'm still new, there's something I need to find out about involving TBs.

I know the rule for the general trinkets and whatnot is if you take one, you should leave something of equal or great value in return.

But when you take just a tracking bug, are you supposed to do the same? I may be wrong in thinking that we are, but I want to know for sure.

Travel bugs and GeoCoins are not swag, so the normal trading rules don't apply. The only rule on the travelers is if you take one, log it on its page and then drop it into another cache, making sure you log the drop.

Jim

Edited by jholly