What percentage of geocachers belong to a club...

rlridgeway

I would say a small percentage belong to a local club and actively participate. I don't think clubs do enough to advertise in the local community or state. Is it possible to get a break down of active geocachers (meaning they logged an attempt in the past year) by state? Clubs could then get an idea as to how many active registered users they have registered in the club vs. how many show up on gc.com. This data might give you a better answer.

I would say a small percentage belong to a local club and actively participate. I don't think clubs do enough to advertise in the local community or state. Is it possible to get a break down of active geocachers (meaning they logged an attempt in the past year) by state? Clubs could then get an idea as to how many active registered users they have registered in the club vs. how many show up on gc.com. This data might give you a better answer.

Perhaps in your area this may be true. In Washington state, the clubs have been growing the past 3 years and have been very active promoting civic and social events.

Perhaps in your area this may be true. In Washington state, the clubs have been growing the past 3 years and have been very active promoting civic and social events.

I am a happy and proud Premium Member as well as a WSGA member. To me it is a minimum contribution to the game that has provided me with so much enjoyment and offered me the opportunity to meet so many really great people. I have even met Criminal, LandRover and TotemLake! Clearly if you are a joiner and a participant you will meet a high percentage of the people who post on this forum. :)