mystery coin givers

LionsLair

After receiving my second mystery coin as a gift, I started compiling a list of profiles for these givers of coins and smiles! Here is what I came up with. Are there anymore? please feel free to add any I may have missed. :)

Cache Reaper

CreepyCrawlyCachers

Don't Fence Me In

G. O'Coin B.U.G. Esquire

Geo Sasquash

Geo_Bandit

Geo_Leprechaun

Geocaching_Angel

Geocaching Jedi

GeocoinDevil

Goede Sint

Goofy Cacher

Great Geo Pumpkin

Highland GeoFairy

Hope Idaho - 2 Bring Hope

Imagine_Peace

MWGB Mystery Parrot

Mystical Greenman

Serial Finder *

The Coin Dropping Fairy

The Easter Geocoin Bunny

The Geocoin Fairy

The Geocoin Secret Agent

The Phantom Cacher

The Shadow

The Wishing Coin

There are a couple that I have never seen coins from yet. If anyone can show us a pic, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by all.

:huh::(;)

Non profile mystery coins

Banned Binary Coin

Christmas Elf *

Crappy Cache Award

Dark Knight

Gator Nation *

MickeyDiver

Mouth of the South

Night Before Christmas

Pay It Forward

Santa's Stocking

* not sure if these are concidered mystery coins or not

It seems I can't edit my original post after a certain time frame as I did yesterday several 8 or 10 times, so I'll just do it this way. I have added a list of non profile coins and will spend more time updating that list soon. 'Hope Idaho' and 'don't fence me in' have been added to the list.... interesting profiles on both... :D

It took me a while searching the forums, but I think Santa's Caching Clauses is the profile that belongs to the Santa's stocking mystery coin.

juist a quicky.... but how do the mystery givers know where to send the coins??

i hear all the time of a un-named package with a mystery coin.......... is there like a big address list somewhere that all cachers can put there's on but is still quite private??

Yup! http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=175199

Edited by gardengorilla

juist a quicky.... but how do the mystery givers know where to send the coins??...

I am not a mystery coin giver. I also don't trade coins to speak of. However I know folks who do trade and know everone. Were I to decide to become a mystery coin giver I'm sure that they would be very helpful, especially if they were in on the secret. A few discrete inquiries for what few addresses they don't already have, and all the addresses needed would be known.

Sometimes it's not who you are so much as who you know, and can trust. :)

If anyone is in south Florida on the 6th they might see the Lorax, the Cache Reaper, the Mystical Green Man, the Wizard and other mysteries at the "TAKE A GANDER AT THIS MOUNTAIN OF COINS" event.

Dang, I will be on the wrong end of the East Coast at the wrong time. Hope you all enjoy yourselves. Cache on - cache happy!

Hi all

i dont know if i can go on the list yet!!!!!

i am a new giver and have a coin in the process of being made.......

you will expect them to appear in caches and mailboxes soon!!

My profile

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! A new mystery coin giver?

Can't wait to see pics of your coin and read the storys of the lucky recipients :)

Mystery coiners past, present or future,

Please consider sharing/creating a background, a myth, a mystique, a legend for yourselves in The Online Geocacher magazine.

Share your philosophy of coining and coin giving. Tell us whether your coin was developed over time or if a bolt of lightning left it’s sizzling image burned into the sand or maybe it appeared at the wave of a Wizards hand. Tell us why the Dutch Lion roars or why the Geo Bandit wears black. How did the Bell Witch and the Cache Reaper come to join forces? Why does the Highland GeoFairy wander the mountain passes and won’t leave his beloved country? Just what does the Geo Sasquatch do in the woods?

Submissions can be anonymous by sending through a gmail or hotmail account for your character. Fact, fiction and photo’s are all welcome.

Mystery coiners past, present or future,

Please consider sharing/creating a background, a myth, a mystique, a legend for yourselves in The Online Geocacher magazine.

Share your philosophy of coining and coin giving. Tell us whether your coin was developed over time or if a bolt of lightning left it’s sizzling image burned into the sand or maybe it appeared at the wave of a Wizards hand. Tell us why the Dutch Lion roars or why the Geo Bandit wears black. How did the Bell Witch and the Cache Reaper come to join forces? Why does the Highland GeoFairy wander the mountain passes and won’t leave his beloved country? Just what does the Geo Sasquatch do in the woods?

Submissions can be anonymous by sending through a gmail or hotmail account for your character. Fact, fiction and photo’s are all welcome.

I'll forward this to The Moop Along... I mean... a sheesh! ;)

Hi all

i dont know if i can go on the list yet!!!!!

i am a new giver and have a coin in the process of being made.......

you will expect them to appear in caches and mailboxes soon!!

My profile

That sounds realy great.

I love mystery coins and i hope some day´s one of your coins would find his way in my mailbox ;-)

Many thanks for let us know.

Greatings René

wow, looks like an update to this list is in order. I didn't see any signs or hear anything about the Lorax while at Cacheapaloosa last weekend, however I did run across the Reaper/Bell Witch and MysticGreenman. Missed the Wizard by just minutes and Santa was hiding from me ( I have a bone to pick with him about being on the naughty list)

looking forward to see what "I Hide You Seek" has come out with. love the profile pic.

I guess I'll try harder to make Santa's nice list and to track the Wizard down next year if they decide to attend again... Any other mystery coiners that want to visit Florida, I'd be glad to be your chaffuer. Dark Knight?...anyone?... :)

Heres what my Reaper got me fer xmas! :)

cfa8fa65-2285-41c3-8810-e45067bd123e.jpg

After dark look fer a glowin eye near yer caches when I find one. There me coin might be found.

BEAUTIFUL COIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

WOW!!! Bell witch my friend.... BRAVO!!!!! :) Amazing coin!!!!

I hope one day to come for vacations here too! :( If you do, bring the Reaper with you too! I would like to meet my friend from close! :) I know that he came here! I got his coin! :) Unfortunatelly I didn't see him or met him!!!

... I mean the cacher reaper..not the other one.... :D

Ok, so it's been awhile since anyone has done anything with this list, so I took it upon myself to create a spreadsheet. It is still a work in progress, I am working on getting pictures right now. So, take a look and let me know if I forgot something, or if you know something that I don't have filled in, or if you have a picture of the coin itself, or if I have some info that is wrong, please let me know. GeoFirely03 at gmail dot com or PM.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Av...95MHc&hl=en

Ok, so it's been awhile since anyone has done anything with this list, so I took it upon myself to create a spreadsheet. It is still a work in progress, I am working on getting pictures right now. So, take a look and let me know if I forgot something, or if you know something that I don't have filled in, or if you have a picture of the coin itself, or if I have some info that is wrong, please let me know. GeoFirely03 at gmail dot com or PM.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Av...95MHc&hl=en

Great list...thank you for setting it up :lol:

If i find something to put on the list, i will send you a pm. Now it's to late to late here in germany :D

Hi,

we all talk about the coins. I have made a picture with the coins i have for my own. I Hope you like it.

mystcoina.th.jpg

I also have Serial finder coin. So i need only a smal part of the mystery coins they are listed here.

Greetings René

WOW...thats an impressive collection :)

Congrats on all these beauties :laughing:

Hi,

we all talk about the coins. I have made a picture with the coins i have for my own. I Hope you like it.

mystcoina.th.jpg

I also have Serial finder coin. So i need only a smal part of the mystery coins they are listed here.

Greetings René

very impressive... you have more mystery coins than you have regular activated coins! :( please tell us the secret as to how you acquired so many... :) did you purchase them on ebay?

Hi,

mystcoina.th.jpg

Greetings René

very impressive... you have more mystery coins than you have regular activated coins! :( please tell us the secret as to how you acquired so many... :) did you purchase them on ebay?

I do not have more mystery coins the trackables. (I think i have round about 100-150 trackables)

I only have activated a small part of my collection.

In the next day´s i would show a part of my collection. I have since 2005 the compass roses also. But the very special CR are not payable or there are not many traders for this special coins.

The most of my mystery coins i have from trades or got them from ebay. I also got coins from the mystery coin givers. I collect this coins since i´m starting geocaching. Thats now since round about 5 Years.

And i have seen there are some more coins i have to add into my collection ;-)

So is there any one who can help me, please contact me. Pleace.

Best regards René

Edited by crazybear and honey

Awesome list you have there Firefly03!!!

I see you have seperate listings for a 'Goede Sint' geocoin and two versions of the 'Sinterklaas' geocoin. I believe these are the same thing.

The Sinterklaas coin is pictured on the Goede Sint's profile page.

The Sinterklaas v1 came out in 2006 and has a green present on the back with a red bow.

The Sinterklaas v2 came out in 2007 and has a blue present with a yellow bow.

There is also a Dutch mystery coin called the Gele Bussie or 'Yellow Bus'. People may think it was made by Barny, a Dutch cacher, since the icon is his avatar and he is famous for his yellow bus, but it was not. I think it should be included as a mystery coin.

According to KarelKraak of k2coins, there are several versions:

Trackable: silver, gold, antique gold (no enamel)

Non-trackable: black nickel and several samples

Awesome list you have there Firefly03!!!

I see you have seperate listings for a 'Goede Sint' geocoin and two versions of the 'Sinterklaas' geocoin. I believe these are the same thing.

The Sinterklaas coin is pictured on the Goede Sint's profile page.

The Sinterklaas v1 came out in 2006 and has a green present on the back with a red bow.

The Sinterklaas v2 came out in 2007 and has a blue present with a yellow bow.

There is also a Dutch mystery coin called the Gele Bussie or 'Yellow Bus'. People may think it was made by Barny, a Dutch cacher, since the icon is his avatar and he is famous for his yellow bus, but it was not. I think it should be included as a mystery coin.

According to KarelKraak of k2coins, there are several versions:

Trackable: silver, gold, antique gold (no enamel)

Non-trackable: black nickel and several samples

Thanks for the information. I will update the spreadsheet when I have time.

Hi,

mystcoina.th.jpg

Greetings René

very impressive... you have more mystery coins than you have regular activated coins! :laughing: please tell us the secret as to how you acquired so many... ;) did you purchase them on ebay?

I do not have more mystery coins the trackables. (I think i have round about 100-150 trackables)

I only have activated a small part of my collection.

In the next day´s i would show a part of my collection. I have since 2005 the compass roses also. But the very special CR are not payable or there are not many traders for this special coins.

The most of my mystery coins i have from trades or got them from ebay. I also got coins from the mystery coin givers. I collect this coins since i´m starting geocaching. Thats now since round about 5 Years.

And i have seen there are some more coins i have to add into my collection ;-)

So is there any one who can help me, please contact me. Pleace.

Best regards René

That is an awesome collection. You have my most wanted there Mystical Greenman and Mickey Diver. I just got the Wishing Coin yesterday. I hope to have a collection as impressive as yours. Thanks for sharing.

Hi,

mystcoina.th.jpg

Greetings René

WOW!!!!! What an amazing collection!!!! And you have metal and color varietes of coins too!!!! Great collection!!!

I do not know some for them... actually I didn't know that the V3 of the geocoin angent was out, and I so not know the coin after the eggs... I cann ot see it clearly...

Oh! Many fairies!!! I have none.. well maybe one day.. :D

I saw a pyramid... lips, a Christmas one...and one that says... UF?? (with the geocaching colors...)

Oh! the Green man!!! :D That coin reminded me last Sunday when I was out... we went to a beautiful place where a small and very old church is (near this there is a small waterfall too!), but the place was full of trush!!! So many tin cans, glass bottles... plastic bottles... huh! Well... I collected them, and fill 3 big bags!!!

When we left I took them with me and when we went to the city we visited a machine that is for recycling! when you put tin cans in it (it also takes plastic bottles, and glass), you get as a pay back 1 euro cent! Not in real money but in a receipt voucher! You can spend that in a supermarket! Of course if you do not want the money... there is a button to push and the money will be donated for something.... The money are not a lot but.... as we say here... been by been you feel you bag!! ;)

I started puting all the cans and bottles in the special openings..... and I donated 2 of the 3 receipts of the money :) I felt so nice! What did I do with the other receipt?? there was an old guy there who is poor and he is trying to get some money to eat by collecting tin cans etc from the roads and feeeding the machine.... well.. I gave the receipt to him and told him.. Happy Easter! (we actually say.. Christos Anesti)! He was watching me so curious!!! :P I felt so nice!!! the bad thing is... that today there were celebrations inthe area so.... I am 100% sure that it will be full of trush again!!! I do not know when I will be there again but at least for a week the place was clean! :)

I have some of these mystery coins, and I actually have one that you do not have... the cowboy chicken! :D I won it in a cointest!! IT is a lovely coin!!! :D

The coins came to me with the mail and were special gifts from the mystery makers (and friends!)! I love them too! :) they are definatelly keepers! :)

I know that it may look stupid or crazy, but I feel a little special when I see them in my mail! :)

I am wondering if I did something special to deserve such an honor! :) Well.. I am always me! :lol:

..and I consider these coins as a kind of medals! you know... you see that for some cachers who probably know... or not but you have no idea that they are mystery givers... you mean something... these coins carry feelings from amazing, kind, generous people who are spending money to make them and to post them in many areas (yes! Postage is money too, but we forgeting them! :) ), without even wanting to know who they are!!! That is so amazing and great!!!! :)

Anyway.. I am sure you all know that already, and they know our feelings for them and for what they do! :)

and I so not know the coin after the eggs... I cann ot see it clearly...

The coin after the eggs is the Binary Coin that got banned from the forums.

Thank you my friend! ;)

The coin was banned from the forums??? :P

Why?? It was not family friendly or something? I can not see the design clearly...

But it still exists.... right? ..or is it rare because of that? It sounds interesting! :lol:

and I so not know the coin after the eggs... I cann ot see it clearly...

The coin after the eggs is the Binary Coin that got banned from the forums.

Thank you my friend! :P

The coin was banned from the forums??? :wub:

Why?? It was not family friendly or something? I can not see the design clearly...

But it still exists.... right? ..or is it rare because of that? It sounds interesting! :blink:

This is a picture of the banned coin

http://cointracking.com/photos/MustangJoni...il_Front100.jpg

Best Regards René